If You've Caught the Purple Star in WA3, Read This! *SOLVED*

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:27 am

Nobody wrote:Three down, eleven to go.

I can't.
There are lots on Qwertyx. You'll have to search EVERYWHERE.

There are several coins I found on Jaava. One in the adventure hub, one west of the Grynkler fortress (is that how you spell their name?). There might be some in the main area, but I can't remember any just now.

There is 1 coin behind the bookshelves in the Wonderland Academy.

Go through your floing list and make sure you've got all the coins in all the adventures.

You may have missed an adventure. Make sure you have 134.

EDIT: I'm working through the game again so I can get another part of the message. :D
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:24 pm

DP.
janetgalle wrote:Don't belittle their (our) efforts because you managed to find different solutions to some of the puzzles. Bravo for you.
I don't think MNIK wanted to belittle your efforts. Just your results. I'm sure that you all worked your hardest, but that doesn't remove the end product's loopholes (in MNIK's or my opinion).

I understand that you didn't have much time to test Beta 2, and it certainly sounds like you were all busy people...
janetgalle wrote:Are you a full time student? Do you work 40 or more hours a week to support your family? Do you care full time for a disabled family member? Do you do volunteer work? Are you away from home in a foreign country participating in an exchange program?"
...but that doesn't change our opinions. It isn't anyone's "fault" that there were so many loopholes, it's just a bit disappointing.

I repeat: Congratulations to all beta testers! You all tried your best, and it certainly sounds like the game has improved a great deal. I'm sure that with enough time, this game would've been as good as I hoped. However, I don't think you had enough time, and I don't think this game turned out as good as MOFI because of it. That's my personal opinion, and please don't try to change it.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:12 pm

I still fail to see anybody bringing up any "loopholes" that is actually game-breaking.
yot yot5 wrote:DP.
janetgalle wrote:Don't belittle their (our) efforts because you managed to find different solutions to some of the puzzles. Bravo for you.
I don't think MNIK wanted to belittle your efforts. Just your results. I'm sure that you all worked your hardest, but that doesn't remove the end product's loopholes (in MNIK's or my opinion).
It's actually equally bad.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:19 pm

Guys, this whole beta testing discussion needs to stop. If you have any actual complaints about the game, feel free to raise them toward me - not a group of people who worked very hard, put in far more time than I ever asked them to, and made the game 500% better than it would have been without their efforts. They did a great job, and I have and will continue to say this over and over again!

But about having "loopholes" as mistakes:

I never consider multiple solutions a bug. That's been part of Wonderland since Day 1. In fact, I consider it a good thing! It adds to the replayability of the game, comparing solutions, coming up with sneakier and better ways to do it... if there was one and only one way to do everything, without flexibility, that wouldn't really be fun in the long run. Can't see the one way I intended you to do it? Too bad. Played the game through once? That's it, nothing else to do.

If you want to discuss the pros and cons of multiple solution paths, feel free to do so in another topic... but don't belittle the work of (basically) volunteers to improve the game.

There's my rant.

Now back to the super secret show...
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:40 pm

I personally really like the game-very worth the wait! :D
And I do think that, in all honesty, type about agression on a purple star catching page is a bit unusual. :|
But, of course, there's a lot of unusual in this world.
P.S. I have not caught this purple star, I just skim this page to update the "new post" thingimojig on the main page.
Midnight Synergy wrote:Now back to the super secret show...
Sadly, where I am, on cable, it only comes on at about 3AM... but lets not discuss that too much :P Plus I don't have cable.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks for submitting your code, Qloof! :D
Jutomi wrote:I personally really like the game-very worth the wait! :D
Agreed 100%! :D
Jutomi wrote:And I do think that, in all honesty, type about agression on a purple star catching page is a bit unusual. :|
All it takes is one controversial sentence and this community bursts into a cacophony of heated remarks. It's depressing, really. :(

The post of mine that generated all this controversy was only two sentences long. I wrote it when I was in class on an iPhone and it was a rushed post, so it came out more apathetic than I intended. After that, I didn't have any time to edit it, and later in the day, I was thinking, "I shouldn't have posted that." When I got home, I turned on my computer and checked the forums.

Lo and behold!
Midnight Synergy wrote:But about having "loopholes" as mistakes
I'm not entirely sure why I called out WA3 for its "loopholes." I was in a very bad mood around the time, so I apologize. Apologizing is all I can do really -- if I could physically send all of you delicious cakes across the internet, I would! But regardless, the game is great fun and that's what matters. :D
Midnight Synergy wrote:Now back to the super secret show...
Yes, the commercial break ends now.

@SS01: Very nice idea with the coordinate grid. I think you're on the right track there!
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:The post of mine that generated all this controversy was only two sentences long. I wrote it when I was in class on an iPhone and it was a rushed post, so it came out more apathetic than I intended. After that, I didn't have any time to edit it, and later in the day, I was thinking, "I shouldn't have posted that." When I got home, I turned on my computer and checked the forums.

Lo and behold!
The continuation was mainly my fault. Emerald actually warned me on PCPuzzle chat before I accused Qloof of being lazy, and I should've listended to him. (listening to Emerald is a pretty useful skill)
MyNameIsKooky wrote:I'm not entirely sure why I called out WA3 for its "loopholes." I was in a very bad mood around the time, so I apologize. Apologizing is all I can do really -- if I could physically send all of you delicious cakes across the internet, I would! But regardless, the game is great fun and that's what matters. :D
Although I've had a kind of phobia of loopholes since the Snowstorm incident, that really isn't a good excuse. Thinking over what MS said, I certainly see his point, and yes, I have had lots of fun finding alternate solutions to "Out of Sequence" and "Escape!".

So... yeah. Maybe alternate solutions aren't quite as bad as I made them out to be. Maybe.
MyNameIsKooky wrote:@SS01: Very nice idea with the coordinate grid. I think you're on the right track there!
I agree, but I think the point of origin is most likely in the top-left, not the bottom-left. "Life" is an odd way to start a message...
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:@SS01: Very nice idea with the coordinate grid. I think you're on the right track there!
I agree, but I think the point of origin is most likely in the top-left, not the bottom-left. "Life" is an odd way to start a message...
I can neither confirm nor deny this, but the numbers do mean something... :wink:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:02 pm

yot yot5 wrote:that really isn't a good excuse.
Well, it's not like I felt like writing a novel. That's my reason, like it or not. I don't like it. I regret ever making that post.

I've slipped up before and people hated me for it. I slipped up again and people hate me for it. I might leave soon, I think. All I've been doing is making people angry anyway.
tyteen4a03 wrote:
yot yot5 wrote:
I can neither confirm nor deny this, but the numbers do mean something... :wink:
For our sake I hope they do. :lol:
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:13 pm

yot yot5 wrote:I agree, but I think the point of origin is most likely in the top-left, not the bottom-left. "Life" is an odd way to start a message...
Hm, perhaps, but for now we don't really know, so I think I'll change it if needed once we have enough strings.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:16 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Well, it's not like I felt like writing a novel. That's my reason, like it or not. I don't like it. I regret ever making that post.

I've slipped up before and people hated me for it. I slipped up again and people hate me for it. I might leave soon, I think. All I've been doing is making people angry anyway.
I've slipped up way too many times I had to be banished from Wonderland once.

And I'm still here.

:wink:

@SS01: What I can confirm is that there is a finite number of strings. *shot for useless hint*
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:23 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:@SS01: What I can confirm is that there is a finite number of strings. *shot for useless hint*
WHOA THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT SOLVES THE PUZZLE ENTIRELY THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA :o :o :o :o :o :o
not
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:02 am

StinkerSquad01 wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:@SS01: What I can confirm is that there is a finite number of strings. *shot for useless hint*
WHOA THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT SOLVES THE PUZZLE ENTIRELY THANK YOU SO MUCH WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA :o :o :o :o :o :o
not
DON'T STOP THE HINT TRAIN MAN

;)

EDIT: that was a hint
mako
Gold Wonderlander

Post by mako » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:12 am

There are fifteen "messages"
(The 1,1 is in the top LEFT :wink:)
I don't have luggage. The airline forgot it.
I don't have a hotel. I forgot to get one.
I don't have a clue. I've never had one.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:37 am

edit: a bit too spoilery i guess, ignore this
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 am

mako wrote:There are fifteen "messages"
(The 1,1 is in the top LEFT :wink:)
Thanks!
Qloof234 wrote:edit: a bit too spoilery i guess, ignore this
no
mako
Gold Wonderlander

Post by mako » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:46 am

Noon or Midnight
I don't have luggage. The airline forgot it.
I don't have a hotel. I forgot to get one.
I don't have a clue. I've never had one.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:25 am

So I thought I had the coin behind the bookcase, but I didn't. Which means...

I GOT MY CODE

So, we now have another piece of the puzzle

and I'll never tell [size=0]you that my code was 3 3 PUALTN[/size] :twisted:
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Well, it's not like I felt like writing a novel. That's my reason, like it or not. I don't like it.
No no no! I meant that MY excuse about the Snowstorm incident isn't a good one! Yours is great! :lol:
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 am

Nobody wrote:So I thought I had the coin behind the bookcase, but I didn't. Which means...

I GOT MY CODE

You suck. :P
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:51 am

Nobody wrote:So I thought I had the coin behind the bookcase, but I didn't. Which means...

I GOT MY CODE

You are a terrible person. :evil:
chakfull
Silver Wonderlander

Post by chakfull » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:14 am

My code is 3 1 OFOREN.
Hello,I live in Hong Kong.I don't know English very well. Please correct if I made any mistakes.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:30 am

chakfull wrote:My code is 3 1 OFOREN.
Or FORONE, with the code! That sounds important!!! :D
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Hmm, if there's only 15 strings, does that mean the grid is 3 by 5 or something? Perhaps arranging this will be a bit more difficult than I thought..
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:14 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:Hmm, if there's only 15 strings, does that mean the grid is 3 by 5 or something? Perhaps arranging this will be a bit more difficult than I thought..
The first number of a string is never more than 3. This means the message could quite easily be pieced together in a grid 3X5
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:22 pm

I've got an idea!!!

I'm now 100% certain that the point of origin is the top-left. Why? Because then it looks like this:

??????-??????-??????
??????-??????-oonand
midnig-htifyo-??????
??????-rrensf-acenew
lifewi-??????-??????

Do you see the 2nd and 3rd rows? That part of the message could be NOON AND MIDNIGHT. 8)
chakfull
Silver Wonderlander

Post by chakfull » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:32 pm

yot yot5 wrote:I HAVE DISCOVERED SOMETHING
After leaving Wonderland Academy after finishing the game, you can now reach a fountain to the south-east. Talk to the stinker next to the fountain, and a strange conversation takes place.

STINKER: You know, it is strange.
YOU: What is strange?
STINKER: A beautiful blue flower grew here once. But now it is gone.
YOU: Oh?
STINKER: Am as I.
YOU: What do you mean?
(stinker vanishes)
STINKER: .........
YOU: Wait... What happened?
STINKER: .........
YOU: What strange trickery is this?

---------------------

At first, this might not seem very interesting. But do you remember the weird dialogue with Loopy the star? I remember talking to Loopy and him saying something like "HI! I'm Loopy, and I don't know anything about secrets, flowers, or star gates, or anything else"

FLOWERS. FLOWERS. FLOWERS.
I think this may be related to the pink star secret.
Hello,I live in Hong Kong.I don't know English very well. Please correct if I made any mistakes.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:03 pm

yot yot5 wrote:STINKER: Am as I.
Shouldn't it be: As am I?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm

dig 222 wrote:
yot yot5 wrote:STINKER: Am as I.
Shouldn't it be: As am I?
LOL whoops...
chakfull
Silver Wonderlander

Post by chakfull » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:25 pm

yot yot5 wrote:I've got an idea!!!

I'm now 100% certain that the point of origin is the top-left. Why? Because then it looks like this:

??????-??????-??????
??????-??????-oonand
midnig-htifyo-??????
??????-rrensf-acenew
lifewi-??????-??????

Do you see the 2nd and 3rd rows? That part of the message could be NOON AND MIDNIGHT. 8)
Someone has find some item in Wonderland Academy at noon.
http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25139