Strange behavior

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

sfseaman
Rainbow Master

Strange behavior

Post by sfseaman » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:57 pm

I was just replaying Carolyn's 4-squared level (first time playing it since upgrading to deluxe) and one of the sign tile's from my come and go level shows up when Stinky stands on a particular regular floor file.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Steve
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Re: Strange behavior

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:23 pm

sfseaman wrote:I was just replaying Carolyn's 4-squared level (first time playing it since upgrading to deluxe) and one of the sign tile's from my come and go level shows up when Stinky stands on a particular regular floor file.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?
Back in the small world competition when I was making "Diversionary Tactics", at some point I have the same thing happening, and I wound up removing one of the signs to fix the problem. I have no clue how to reproduce this bug. This is with the old RTW by the way.

In general, the game engine seems particularly buggy whenever the tiles around the level boundary are anything besides walls or empty spaces.
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:17 pm

I noticed yesterday....I played one of Carolyn's 'new' levels, then played another persons 'reg' level, and the plain floor still had the sign read on the screen from Carolyns level, but there was no signs there???
oooooooooo.....ghosts!!!!
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:51 am

I have removed all the .Lev files from my deluxe RTW so I've only got .Lv5 files on it. The new .Lev files being posted are going into my old RTW game. I did this to unclutter my folders predominantly, but also because I didn't want two lots of the same levels on my hard drive.

I'm telling you this because I thought that might have something to do with the ghost signs :D
Pauline
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:32 am

Good idea, Popo......I'll put that on my important things to do list for this weekend!!! It will be right under---play wonderland 'til I can't think straight!!! :lol: (so much for getting any housework done) :wink:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.