Help!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

raejobunny

Help!

Post by raejobunny » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:46 pm

Since I downloaded the deluxe version I can no longer seem to download custom levels, should I be doing something different from what I did before? Also all the levels I've played before (both custom and classic) now have no scores - i'm very frustrated!
Could someone help me?
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:19 am

Don't know why you can't download levels. Nothing's really changed there. The extension for deluxe levels has changed, but that shouldn't affect the way you download - be sure you download levels into the DELUXE directory under Custom Levels tho!

Your scores are still there - you need to copy your player folder in Return to Wonderland directory into the Return to Wonderland Deluxe directory. You should have your scores back then!
Majicaleetarina
raejobunny

Post by raejobunny » Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:34 am

Thanks for the help, I'll go and try again now!
raejobunny

Post by raejobunny » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:17 pm

Ok, call me stupid but I still can't do it! It's driving me mad seeing all these new levels and I can't access them!
I made a new folder for the custom deluxe levels but they still don't show up when I open the game. I'm so frustrated (and computer illiterate!)
Still need help, sorry.
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Ramonda » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:55 pm

raejobunny wrote:Ok, call me stupid but I still can't do it! It's driving me mad seeing all these new levels and I can't access them!
I made a new folder for the custom deluxe levels but they still don't show up when I open the game. I'm so frustrated (and computer illiterate!)
Still need help, sorry.
You shouldn't have had to make a new folder for the custom deluxe. Look in your windows explorer. Towards the bottom you will see return to Wonderland. Right above it is Return to Wonderland Deluxe.

Deluxe came with a folder called customlevels. Within that folder was a folder called User. The User folder was all of the custom games made up to that point. Because I liked my assortment better, I deleted that user folder and copied my old custom folder to the new game. I also made a new folder called Deluxe but that isn't necessary

Download the new levels just like you did before. Whether they are Classic or Deluxe, they can be in the same folder as long as it is in the original customsfolder that comes with Deluxe. You will be able to play either kind in the Deluxe.

For your old scores, go to the Player folder in the old game in windows explorer, highlight that folder. On the right you will see a .pla file. If you copy that and past it into the new Player folder of Deluxe, you will have all of your old scores.

Warning! If you have played any of the new games in Deluxe, you will lose your scores there if you paste over it. If you don't want to lose your new scores, all you need to do when you copy your old .pla file over is to rename that folder. If your .pla was Bob then just add a number after it and copy it. Rename it before you copy it from the old one.

If you still need help, I will be glad to help you. If your Deluxe game works at all, then everything else will work :D
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:42 am

Just a quick note. When I download classic custom files, I can left click the download button and it will let me download the .lev files to the location I want them. When I download the deluxe custom level files, I have to right click and select Save Link Target As... Then I can download to the file I want. If I don't do that, it will save the .lv5 with the added extension .lev . That may be the problem.
SharonM
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:29 am

:? That's very strange. I still left click whether they're .lev or .lv5, but I download them all to My Documents and move them in Explorer to where I want them.

Are you sure you're downloading them to DRTW and not RTW?

What OS are you running?
Pauline
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:47 pm

Hi Popo,
I'm running 98SE. I download levels directly into the appropriate folder within RTWD. I'm also using Netscape 7.1. It's no problem for me. I just thought raejobunny might be having the same thing happen, so thought I'd offer the procedure to her. It might solve the problem. :)
SharonM
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:07 pm

SharonM wrote:Just a quick note. When I download classic custom files, I can left click the download button and it will let me download the .lev files to the location I want them. When I download the deluxe custom level files, I have to right click and select Save Link Target As... Then I can download to the file I want. If I don't do that, it will save the .lv5 with the added extension .lev . That may be the problem.
That IS strange! - I download custom & deluxe exactly the same - left click download button & download to the location I select. Nothing has changed for me. I would think it would be the same for everybody! This is VERY WEIRD!!!! :shock:
Majicaleetarina
raejobunny

Post by raejobunny » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:16 pm

Well - I've tried all of the suggestions................and still can't do it! They are downloading but not showing up when I go in to the game and choose custom levels. It's all very frustrating! I need to invite a computer savvy friend around and admit my addiction to a complete RTW virgin!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:35 pm

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: I can imagine! Sorry it didn't help.
SharonM