Helpful hints from Members

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Armando
Rainbow Wonderlander

Helpful hints from Members

Post by Armando » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:04 pm

Lately, I've noticed a trend with members using PM's more and more in helping other members solve their levels. Wouldn't it be more practical to post these cheats for general consumption? Just a susggestion.
Armando
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Helpful hints from Members

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Armando wrote:Lately, I've noticed a trend with members using PM's more and more in helping other members solve their levels. Wouldn't it be more practical to post these cheats for general consumption? Just a susggestion.
Armando
No idea about this :idea:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:19 pm

I agree with Armando but it's not that important I think. But it may be a good idea when someone sends a PM for help with a level, that he/she posts: "Send you a PM" so someone else knows it's not usefull to reply too.
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Post by chrise » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:45 pm

I think it might be in order to avoid spoiling the level for other people, who have not asked for help.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:21 pm

chrise wrote:I think it might be in order to avoid spoiling the level for other people, who have not asked for help.
ikkezelluf wrote:That's why we write the solution with white text colour in a white quote so only the people read who want to read
chrise
Rainbow Seeker

Post by chrise » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 pm

On the other hand, people are more likely to spontaneously highlight that and read it than they are to actually make the effort and commitment to ask for help. Someone might well just feel frustrated at the moment, but later regret not having worked it out themselves. Having to post to ask might make them think about whether they really want to have it spoiled.

Also, that background isn't actually quite white, so the text is visible without highlighting. But that is besides the point, since you could do it with the text colour perfectly matching the background.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:47 pm

The text may be visible but for me definitely not readable. If it's readable for anyone it's probably only readable for them who absolutely want to read.
I think the first part you're right Chrise. Probably we all make decisions we later regret sometimes, and we all have to make our own decisions. 8)