A Call to Regroup

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

A Call to Regroup

Post by annedanner » Sun May 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Hey Everyone,

We're losing some mighty fine folks on the board. I would like to advertize a call for the old folks and the current folks who are not posting as much, to rally together and give it another shot.

I love this forum! But my heart hurts now to lose connections to people to whom I feel/felt close. Perhaps Patrick can ask someone to monitor the board to take care of inappropriate and/or confrontive posts.

So ... Lizzie, Robyn, Lillie, Emmy, Monica, Kazza, and anyone else who is gone that I have missed naming here ... there is a new level maker on board, so come check it out! 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Anne
My List
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Monica and Emmy too, Lordy! that does hurt.
Strength in numbers my friends, so please come back and play.
:D :D :D
Keeks
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon May 11, 2009 12:45 am

[url=http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=191286#191286]Kiki[/url] wrote:Well said Anne, we can't go on this way, we need you all.
Help make Wonderland great again.
Please come back and just ignore any post you don't like or agree with.
Kiki, I've always admired your optimism, the ability to see the good things, and ignore the bad things.

Let's hope we all can get that ability, to make Wonderland great again! :D :D :D
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon May 11, 2009 1:28 am

Kiki, I've always admired your optimism, the ability to see the good things, and ignore the bad things.
Unfortunately it wasn't always so...I have been involved in some feuds in the past that I regret, I know how much mental drain it can be dwelling on the negative so I don't anymore or try my best not to.
I enjoy designing and playing levels and that is what I dwell on now...mostly! :lol:
Keeks
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon May 11, 2009 11:29 am

Oh gosh, I'm sorry ya'all. I've been so bizzy with real life and then some friends got me involved with another online game. I had every intention of being in Wonderland this weekend but things just didn't work out that way.

I'm fixing to be a bit more un-bizzy in another week or so and hopefully have more time to get back here and let you all look at my pretty face. Seems I'm always extra bizzy this time of year.

Hugs to all of Wonderland.... 8)
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon May 11, 2009 3:02 pm

That's a big relief Monica, you are missed here.
Keeks
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Mon May 11, 2009 4:11 pm

You know ... I think it's very easy to put our own spin on other people's printed words. Non-verbals are non-existent (alliteration at its best, folks) on boards and in chats so it's easy to misinterpret, too. What I like about them, though, is that we all have time to choose to formulate a response and present it in a way that has the capability of being received non-defensively.

This forum is one in which I've found most folks to be responsive rather than reactive. I have felt so safe here and it's been fun. I don't want to lose that.

To all of those of you who don't post anymore (I see you lurking, though): if I promise to build a level for each of you, will you return to play and comment and build more of your wonderful levels?

I'm glad you're still here, Monica!
Anne
My List
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon May 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Anne wrote: if I promise to build a level for each of you, will you return to play and comment and build more of your wonderful levels?
If you build it maybe they will come... :lol:
I will be there. :lol:
Keeks
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon May 11, 2009 9:17 pm

I'm here occasionally, but like many of you real life is taking up most of my time. I do miss the chit chat & camaraderie of this board, so I'll make a conscience effort to try to participate in the chat more often.

I can't wrap my mind around playing the levels anymore :cry:
I've gotten both my mother & sister hooked on WSW. Yesterday while at my moms (celebrating Mothers Day) she was stuck on a level in "The Void", being the "good daughter" I am :wink: I jumped in to help her out .. OMG :shock: I've forgotten how frustrating pushing those boxes around can be, and the "perfect timing" needed for some of those moves :x :cry: :x I did finally (many swear words later) make it through the part she was stuck on, but it did reaffirm just how "wonderlanded out" I've become :oops:

Thanks for starting this thread, maybe it will bring some of the old members back .. even if it's just for a cuppa & some friendly conversation. :D
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon May 11, 2009 9:29 pm

:D Welcome back Laura! Maybe your mother and sister also like to join the forum. There's still the "Classic Trilogy" subforum for WSW. :D :D :D
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Tue May 12, 2009 12:01 am

Marinus wrote: Maybe your mother and sister also like to join the forum.
My mother is a member, but, she only logs in for "spoilers" same with my sister, but, she logs in as ME :wink: :lol: :lol:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sat May 16, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm sorry to you all as well. Life does have a way of getting in the way.

I truly miss all the chit chat as well as playing the game :( and I will try to make an effort to get more involved. I just need to practice a bit to be able to conquer the levels again :shock: it's amazing how much I forget when I haven't played for awhile. :oops:

A Great Big Bravo to you Anne for creating this thread to try to get our family back together again. :D :P :D I sure hope your SOS will reach ALL of our missing members. :wink:
Cathy
Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Deetster » Sat May 16, 2009 5:10 pm

I've never been too much of a Wonderland player, and just like to toil around the editor for the most part. I try to pop out for a bit, but come back eventually.
orza6006
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by orza6006 » Sun May 17, 2009 6:46 am

I will try to keep up a steady pace, as I usually have time to log on everyday and check what's happening.

Thank you Anne for making this thread.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed May 20, 2009 11:17 pm

Can't think of a better place to put this since no one reads the off-topic anymore but the kids. Playing some of the levels again has reminded me of why I sort of pushed the Wonderland games aside.

I open a level and I just get confused, after trying it several times and not getting any where I just want to give up, after trying for an hour I do give up. Not vewry many ask for help so I sort of feel like an idiot when I do. The I do ask for help and instead of a proper spoiler or a decent hint from the creator I get cryptic messages from other players I'm supposed to try and decipher.

A lot of time the creator can't remember how to do their own levels if a lot of time has passed. My idea is after a week and only two or three players commenting it might be nice to just get others started with a bit of a spoiler. Do it while it's still fresh in your mind, help us out a bit. Sometimes if I can get started I can figure out the rest.

I've had to shelve a lot of levels because I simply don't know where to start and I hate asking for help all the time. Just a suggestion folks. I really like Wonderland but when did it get so complicated.
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Thu May 21, 2009 1:52 am

Hey Monica,

I like your idea of posting hints after about a week. I think it's important, also, for the level maker to keep getting email notifications so that they can respond to questions. I lose interest when I don't get a timely response.

Now that I've entered into level making, I will keep you thoughts in mind.
Anne
My List
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu May 21, 2009 5:03 am

I guess I'm a bit guilty of forgetting my levels Monica, :oops: I know what you mean and I sure will try my best to post spoilers and hints.

I do think that if a level doesn't get any post after a certain time that should be a big indicator that folks need a good hint or walk thru.

I have a goal to reach 1000 levels and trying to make them not so complicated is always on my mind.
Please feel free to PM me for any help with my levels.

Keeks
Deetster
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Deetster » Thu May 21, 2009 7:11 am

Well I haven't posted too many complete stinkers lately, but anyone can always PM me if they don't want to publically ask for a hint, or they can ask for spoilers in my threads and I'm more than happy to help. Yeah, I suck at a lot of the levels being posted, so no one be at all embarrased. Out of every 10 I decide to upload I can maybe finish 1 or 2.

No one should be embarrased for having difficulty with any level, all games are about the CHALLENGE!
RSL
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by RSL » Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Anne, bravo for posting this. Although I can't get on my rescuefire name anymore it's no big secret that this is me :D

I come and download levels and try to stay away from anything else on these boards. That didn't used to be the case. I used to love chatting with the friendly folks here. It was a nice place to come to. Then it wasn't.

I'm so glad you are making levels! I got your second one and am still fussin' with the other two. But if I can't get them on my own I'll break down and ask for help. I always do :oops:

I haven't gotten a Kiki level completed in ages. I keep downloading them but I'm way too out of practice. I too like to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" so to speak when trying a level. If there's a level that makes no sense to me or one that I can't complete in a dozen or so tries I give up. Yes I have no patience hehehe :D

Maybe when level makers design and post their levels, and the solution is fresh in their mind, they could type out a quick solution and keep that file somewhere if needed Or like Dizzy does, a level with signs. Just a thought :D

Good to see some of you still friendly and still here :-D
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Thu May 21, 2009 3:17 pm

Hey Robyn,

I'm SO glad that you posted here! There have been days lately where I check my two favorite threads and there are no new posts. That never happened before.

::::whispering::::: Is there a way that we can work together to get Lillie, Liz, Kazza, Emmy, etc. back? :? :? :?
Anne
My List
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Thu May 21, 2009 4:08 pm

kiki wrote:I have a goal to reach 1000 levels
I'm so afraid that you'll disappear, too, Kiki. :( :( :( Can you provide any reassurance that you won't?
Anne
My List
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 pm

RSL wrote:Good to see some of you still friendly and still here :-D
Good to see you decided to return to Wonderland, Robyn! Let's try to make it a nice place again. :D
annedanner wrote:Is there a way that we can work together to get Lillie, Liz, Kazza, Emmy, etc. back? :? :? :?
I'm so afraid that you'll disappear, too, Kiki. :( :( :( Can you provide any reassurance that you won't?
It's indeed very quiet in Wonderland lately. Kiki, if you disappear too it would be probably the end of Wonderland. :shock: Please stay! And all the other people, please come back!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu May 21, 2009 11:03 pm

I meant 1000 and beyond... :lol:
I have no plans of ever leaving Wonderland, I love to sit here in the evening watch my favourite TV shows and play and design levels.

I too hope Lillie Liz and Kaz make it back one day, they were such a huge part of this forum and are missed very much.

Robyn its really great to see you back. :D :D :D
Keeks
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu May 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Kiki is our resident Wonderland nutter, he's not going anywhere, we'd all be lost without him. If I had a tv near my computer I'd probably be playing it all the time only I get so involved with playing the levels I'd forget the tv was sitting there and I'd miss my favorite shows.. :lol:

I think everyone pops in now and then but not enough to stck around anymore.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Fri May 22, 2009 3:14 am

Thanks all my Wonderland friends, this is still a great place even if it has thinned of some of our members.
Just don't let it thin anymore.
Monica I have my TV just to the left of my PC so I can actually see it as I type on my puter, he he!
If a really good show I like alot comes on I just head to my recliner a few feet behind me or my couch to the right of the recliner, he he!
I have always been a night owl so the night time is when I design my levels.
I can normally pump one out in about an hour or less, sometimes it takes a little longer if its on the big side or a milestone level or a collaboration level, I haven't done one of those in some time now. :D :D :D
Keeks
RSL
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by RSL » Sat May 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Kik you must live at my house! My TV is to the left of my computer and I can turn it a touch to see it better if Ty isn't watching too. And also when I get engrossed in a show I can pop out of my desk chair and take about three steps back to my recliner!!!

Oh my! Does your wife need a recliner too? I only have one :?
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun May 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Robyn wrote:Does your wife need a recliner too? I only have one
She has her own TV but we do share now and again when we watch something together, plus I have one of those double recliners that we both fit into...whoa! :lol: :wink:
Keeks