WA3 Update Thread

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:25 pm

It's not really of a 'challenge'. I'm just seeing how many pages would this topic end up having.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Except pages don't matter.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Well... that's more opinion-based. Some people feel that the amount of pages in a topic is important. Other's think that it is not.
I think that they are important, but not significantly important.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:25 am

PAGES DO NOT SCALE WITH MEANINGFULNESS

If they did, wefight would logically be a deep political discussion, and Meet & Greet would be filled with spam.

Since only one of those is true, I'm clearly right. Since I'm right, pages don't matter. Since pages don't matter, we should stop caring about them. The end.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 am

Nobody wrote:PAGES DO NOT SCALE WITH MEANINGFULNESS

If they did, wefight would logically be a deep political discussion, and Meet & Greet would be filled with spam.

Since only one of those is true, I'm clearly right. Since I'm right, pages don't matter. Since pages don't matter, we should stop caring about them. The end.
STRICT PHILOSOPHER ALERT: Your first since clause is just asserting your opinion, therefore the rest of your argument has no facts to back itself up.

But yes I agree.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:11 am

tyteen4a03 wrote:
Nobody wrote:PAGES DO NOT SCALE WITH MEANINGFULNESS

STRICT PHILOSOPHER ALERT: Your first since clause is just asserting your opinion, therefore the rest of your argument has no facts to back itself up.

But yes I agree.
I second that... or is it third?
no
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 am

I agree pages aren't important for meaningfulness or content. I probably should have elaborated on my point.

Also, you can't be "right", this is opinion-based, not fact, and there's no evidence to support your argument.
boh123321 wrote:I second that... or is it third?
I'm pretty sure it's still second, I don't think you use third. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's just agree to disagree, and end this pointless argument before it gets out of hand and off-topic.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:51 pm

I don't think pages are meaningful just because they're there.

When I suggested the "race" earlier, (page 69, I think) I didn't mean it like, "Hey everybody! Post long replies that take up a full page but don't say anything! Spam to make the thread longer!"
I meant it more like "Let's see how many theories/points/ideas we can come up with for this thread before the game comes out. Page count is a good way to measure that, so let's make our goal 100 pages."

But of course, I agree that I'd rather wait a long time for a good game than a short time for a bad one, so take your time, Patrick... and I hope your family health issues work out all right. Now back to theories... :)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:00 am

I just realized that it's very possible that three new magics will be introduced:

1.Indigo Magic, whatever it is 2. A rainbow magic that blends all the different magic colors. (Like what everyone was worried Indigo would be.) 3. Crimson "Bounce." Maybe it'll be introduced into the story as a malfunction of Floing?
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:25 am

Wonderland King wrote:I just realized that it's very possible that three new magics will be introduced:

1.Indigo Magic, whatever it is 2. A rainbow magic that blends all the different magic colors. (Like what everyone was worried Indigo would be.) 3. Crimson "Bounce." Maybe it'll be introduced into the story as a malfunction of Floing?
Interesting...
With rainbow magic, the tornado is caused by indigo magic anyway, and I don't see any rainbow magic chargers (unless there's another way to obtain it).
With 'Bounce' magic, it would have to be that when it is shot out of the player, it goes to the nearest enemy, rather than back to the player (and the opposite with other enemies... like it already is).
I wouldn't mind white magic being implemented as PermaBrr for the player (at least that gives it a function, even if it isn't used in the actual game).

What if Indigo magic is just very much called 'Future' magic, and the reason that there's Void around it in that room is because that is the future of Wonderland.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:17 pm

md wrote:What if Indigo magic is just very much called 'Future' magic, and the reason that there's Void around it in that room is because that is the future of Wonderland.
:shock: OH MY GOD... I haven't thought of that, but do you think the Void can really be the future of Wonderland?
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:49 am

Pawelec wrote:
md wrote:What if Indigo magic is just very much called 'Future' magic, and the reason that there's Void around it in that room is because that is the future of Wonderland.
:shock: OH MY GOD... I haven't thought of that, but do you think the Void can really be the future of Wonderland?
no

that doesn't fit with wonderland
no
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:16 am

Not canon, but it does in many WAE adventure series.
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 am

boh123321 wrote:
Pawelec wrote:
no

How doesn't that fit with Wonderland?

It is possible, but unlikely, and it was just an idea.
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:36 am

md wrote:
boh123321 wrote:
Pawelec wrote:
no

How doesn't that fit with Wonderland?

It is possible, but unlikely, and it was just an idea.
look

wonderland needs to have some kind of happy ending. that's just how it is.

examples:
wsw=wee stinkers saved and everyone is happy.
rtw deluxe=rainbow spirits finally return home
rtw platinum=stinky and loof finally get back home
wa=thwarts turn good and void is destroyed
mofi=wisp comes to help you and you go on a journey to the planet of the zbots
this^ is the only one that doesn't fit in perfectly

see
no
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:20 am

No, no, no...

What I meant is that will be the future of Wonderland if the stinkers don't fix it (i.e. the Z-Bots).

BTW, you just posted a paragraph full of spoilers...
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:21 pm

It couldn't possibly be. Thwarts have gotten their colors, and if the void was the future of Wonderland, Wysp would have told you.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Yzfm wrote:It couldn't possibly be. Thwarts have gotten their colors, and if the void was the future of Wonderland, Wysp would have told you.
There's another (IMHO very intresting) possibility: Wysp can be the evil one - all the Wysp's words and actions were only a way to keep the REAL Wysp's intentions in secret :twisted:

I can imagine a scene where you suddenly find Wysp talking to the Z-Bots' leader...

Wysp: '...as you wished, I brought them here. Now we can safely and once for all get rid of all those pesky Stinkers.'
Z-Bots' leader: 'Well done, my friend. I cannot believe that Morklin didn't find out who you really are. Stinkers... They love the stars sooooooooo much... They would never think any star can hurt them.'
Wysp: 'If they love stars so much let's give them some... falling from the sky once again!'
Z-Bots' leader together with Wysp: 'MBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:'
by Giuseppe Verdi
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:58 pm

md wrote:With 'Bounce' magic, it would have to be that when it is shot out of the player, it goes to the nearest enemy, rather than back to the player
That would suck. If it went towards an enemy you'd lose all your control of it that you had in WAE.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Maybe the reason there's void in the indigo room is because Patrick's POTZ avatar didn't learn indigo yet and he showed us the void looking the way it is to mislead us. If so, well done, Patrick!
:wink:
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:14 pm

Pawelec wrote:
Yzfm wrote:It couldn't possibly be. Thwarts have gotten their colors, and if the void was the future of Wonderland, Wysp would have told you.
There's another (IMHO very intresting) possibility: Wysp can be the evil one - all the Wysp's words and actions were only a way to keep the REAL Wysp's intentions in secret :twisted:

I can imagine a scene where you suddenly find Wysp talking to the Z-Bots' leader...

Wysp: '...as you wished, I brought them here. Now we can safely and once for all get rid of all those pesky Stinkers.'
Z-Bots' leader: 'Well done, my friend. I cannot believe that Morklin didn't find out who you really are. Stinkers... They love the stars sooooooooo much... They would never think any star can hurt them.'
Wysp: 'If they love stars so much let's give them some... falling from the sky once again!'
That's a very interesting point. The only thing that doesn't fit with that is why would Wysp help them in WA1 in the first place to stop the thwarts.

Unless, the reason that Wysp disappeared near the end of WA1 when the Void had almost taken over Wonderland is because he had hoped that they would fail, so he quickly teleported to safety. Then, since they succeeded, he teleported back, and that "vacation" he was on was to the planet of the Z-Bots.
Nobody wrote:
md wrote:With 'Bounce' magic, it would have to be that when it is shot out of the player, it goes to the nearest enemy, rather than back to the player
That would suck. If it went towards an enemy you'd lose all your control of it that you had in WAE.
Ah, I see what you mean, because you can control the spell ball by moving.

Maybe, there could be a way to switch it from following the player to following the nearest enemy or something.

If I am incorrect or have missed something, please tell me.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:33 pm

md wrote:
Pawelec wrote:

That's a very interesting point. The only thing that doesn't fit with that is why would Wysp help them in WA1 in the first place to stop the thwarts.

Unless, the reason that Wysp disappeared near the end of WA1 when the Void had almost taken over Wonderland is because he had hoped that they would fail, so he quickly teleported to safety. Then, since they succeeded, he teleported back, and that "vacation" he was on was to the planet of the Z-Bots.
There may be few reasons:
1. Wysp was only a spy and helped Stinkers to keep his/her (I have no idea what's Wysp's gender...) real plans in secret.
2. Wysp was planning to grab all the shards himself/herself but he/she failed.
3. Z-Bots told Wysp they want to conquer Wonderland with all its colours, so it was necessary to fight Thwarts to keep colours in Wonderland. Moreover, that made Stinkers think Wysp is their friend.

I think evil Wysp would make the story very, VERY intresting... On the other hand, if Wysp told the truth, he/she is only a baby, and babies aren't smart enough to make so complicated plans. One thing I'm almost sure is Wysp or other rainbow star will be the most important character in PotZ ending (if Wysp is only a baby can you imagine how powerful are adult rainbow stars?).
by Giuseppe Verdi
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:46 pm

Speaking of baby stars... If Wysp is a baby... who are his parents? :shock:
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:42 pm

dig 222 wrote:Speaking of baby stars... If Wysp is a baby... who are his parents? :shock:
Stars. :roll:
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Spoiler Alert:

No Wysp is not the bad guy. C'mon guys (and gals), would I really do that? It's Wonderland, not Film Noir. :)

Having said that, I will not guarantee an entirely happy ending to WA3.
Ooooooooo..... !?!?!
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 pm

Sammy_P wrote:
dig 222 wrote:Speaking of baby stars... If Wysp is a baby... who are his parents? :shock:
Stars. :roll:
Yeah, I realized THAT. I was wondering WHICH stars! :)
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:Spoiler Alert:

No Wysp is not the bad guy. C'mon guys (and gals), would I really do that? It's Wonderland, not Film Noir. :)

Ooooooooo..... !?!?!
With that being said, I wonder why Wysp even let you activate the Z-bot machine in the first place. He said that Rainbow Stars look over Wonderland all the time, so shouldn't he have came down and told you the Ice Troll's reasons for attacking? :?
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:51 pm

md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Super Nuclear Power wrote:
Midnight Synergy wrote:Spoiler Alert:

Ooooooooo..... !?!?!
With that being said, I wonder why Wysp even let you activate the Z-bot machine in the first place. He said that Rainbow Stars look over Wonderland all the time, so shouldn't he have came down and told you the Ice Troll's reasons for attacking? :?
Come on, if he did that, then what would be the point of MOFI? That would just destroy the whole game, making there no mysteries to figure out.

Also, Wysp had nothing to do with letting you activate the Sky Machine. Wysp came after the Sky Machine was activated.
boh123321 wrote:wonderland needs to have some kind of happy ending. that's just how it is.
Midnight Synergy wrote:Having said that, I will not guarantee an entirely happy ending to WA3.
See... it doesn't necessarily have to be a completely happy ending.
Super Nuclear Power
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Super Nuclear Power » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 pm

I know that Wysp came after the Z-bot machine was activated, but I remember him saying that Rainbow Stars watched over Wonderland.
But you're right, the whole game would be pointless if Wysp just told you what the machine was from the start. :oops: Plus, we wouldn't have Planet of the Z-bots coming out this summer if that had happened. So I'm definitely not complaining about it.