Help by wonderlands levels

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

marjanne

Help by wonderlands levels

Post by marjanne » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:20 pm

Hi, Please can you help me some levels not all can I not play zbotsbeach and zbotcave can I play but milkyway and heademup can I not play here com the message error access violation. I am sorry but my englisch is not so good please can you tell me what I can do Thanks you :cry: Marianne
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:34 am

Hi, I'm not sure what your problem is, but you might want to try downloading the levels again or something.

I remember someone here before also had some problems playing certain custom levels. Unfortunately I don't remember off top of my head how exactly she fixed her problem. The thread about this should still be here, I think somwhere under "Levels, Levels" forum.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:35 pm

Hi marjanne,
I think I had the same problem, as LinkyNStoof said. I had to right click the download and select "Save Target Link As" and then save it in the custom folder of Return To Wonderland. I hope this helps. :)
SharonM
marjanne

Post by marjanne » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:05 pm

Hi, I read the older message and I have do the custom levels delete and download new to return to wonderland in the custom folder and now I bekom the message to all the levels error memory access violation :cry: I have a laptop pentium 4 with 1.6 GHz and 524 Mb ram Windows xp home and directX have I update I don´t now what the problem is Please can sombody help me. Thanks to you all Marianne
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:37 pm

Is it just the custom levels that give you the error, or _any_ level?

If it is just the custom levels, you might need to delete all levels again (i.e. get a clean CustomLevels directory).

Then download and test one level only - check if that works first.
marjanne

Post by marjanne » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:59 pm

Hi admin, Yes the custom level give me the errror. I have clean the custom level and download the heademup level and try again and again error. Thanks for helping me. Marianne
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:06 pm

marjanne wrote:Hi, I read the older message and I have do the custom levels delete and download new to return to wonderland in the custom folder and now I bekom the message to all the levels error memory access violation :cry: I have a laptop pentium 4 with 1.6 GHz and 524 Mb ram Windows xp home and directX have I update I don´t now what the problem is Please can sombody help me. Thanks to you all Marianne
Hi, I guess I should let Midnight Synergy take over, but...

check and see if you can still play the regular levels (ie. the ones that comes with the game itself).
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:13 pm

HI Marianne,

assuming only the custom levels don't work (if other's don't work, you'll need to re-install the game again), there might be a problem with how you're downloading the levels. Try this... go to a level post: at the bottom is a box with the level name, and to its right a small "LEV" graphic, with the word "Download" underneath it. Right-click (!) on "Download" text and select "Save as...", then select the CustomLevels directory.

(again, make sure your Customlevels directory is cleaned out before you do this).

Patrick
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:10 am

All of a sudden I am receiving a 'Memory Access Violation' message when I try to open any of the custom levels as well.

I have the same computer configuration as marjanne.

I played for several hours, then went to the level forum and downloaded 3 new levels. It is since then that the game closes when trying to access the custom levels and this message appears.

I can open the regular game levels, and I can open the editor.

I have used disc clean up and defrag, and rebooted several times, but I am still getting the same message.
Ideas?

ol'gramma
Carolyn
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:36 am

Just curious - which levels did you download rignt before this happened?
Majicaleetarina
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:46 am

These are the 3...

Captured in Stonehenge
Grand Prix
My First Level

Have you played any of these majic?

ol'gramma
marjanne

Post by marjanne » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:47 am

Hello, I clean the custom level then I download a wee stroll in the park level and I can play it then bad-time bay level and kidlandgolf level I can play to, but than I download kidlandtrivia and mayflower and the message come error.I thanks all of you for help Marianne
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

errors

Post by janetgalle » Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:28 pm

Hi, I know how frustrating it is to see that nasty memory access violation message. It happened to me, a while back. I had to completely remove all the custom levels in the Wonderland 101 file (that is where I download all the new custom levels to) and then reinstall them. I have not had any problems since then. I have downloaded and played all the recent new levels with no problem.

jg
marjanne

error message memory access violation

Post by marjanne » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:09 am

Hi, I have too complety remove all the custom levels and reinstall them again. :oops: It is so Ol´gramma says by download level number 3 the error message come. :cry: I can open the regular game but I cannot open the editor. Have sombody a idea what we can do. Thanks marianne :idea:
marjanne

error message memory access violation

Post by marjanne » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:12 am

Hi, I have too complety remove all the custom levels and reinstall them again. :oops: It is so Ol´gramma says by download level number 3 the error message come. :cry: I can open the regular game but I cannot open the editor. Have sombody a idea what we can do. Thanks marianne :idea:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:02 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am not having the same problem as ol'gramma and marjanne.

I have lost most of my scores! :shock:

Have some of the ghosts escaped from Wonderland and taken up residence in our computers????????????? :roll:

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE AN ANSWER?

PLEASE HELP US! :cry:

Maureen.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:30 pm

That happens to me every once in awhile, too - only in custom levels tho - my scores will just disappear! I'm not sure, but it probably has something to do with editing.
Majicaleetarina
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

'Memory Access Violation'

Post by BIGZIPZ » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:00 pm

'Memory Access Violation'

In regard to this error message, the only time I ever saw it was when I was making the Kidland: Grandprix circuit level, I had alot more objects on, i mean ALOT and when I loaded I got that error, however when I deleted some items and tried again It worked fine, the only possible thing I can think of is thus,

The custom levels may be placing too much "uumph" on your graphics card, I know my levels particularly have alot more items and objects etc than alot of official ones, maybe your card is saying look i cant take anymore items/landscape etc, and packing in, causing a error message.

Perhaps Im totally wrong....
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:01 pm

:lol:
The good thing about it majic1, I get to replay all the levels. :lol:

Poor ol'gramma and marjanne tho' how can they manage without all these great custom levels?

I wish someone would help them. :cry:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Re: 'Memory Access Violation'

Post by Davimad » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:07 pm

BIGZIPZ wrote:'Memory Access Violation'

In regard to this error message, the only time I ever saw it was when I was making the Kidland: Grandprix circuit level, I had alot more objects on, i mean ALOT and when I loaded I got that error, however when I deleted some items and tried again It worked fine, the only possible thing I can think of is thus,

The custom levels may be placing too much "uumph" on your graphics card, I know my levels particularly have alot more items and objects etc than alot of official ones, maybe your card is saying look i cant take anymore items/landscape etc, and packing in, causing a error message.

Perhaps Im totally wrong....
That could be the answer Bigzipz, I have noticed on some of the bigger levels my picture wavers a lot (makes me feel dizzier than usual :lol: )

It would be interesting to hear what graphics are installed in both machines!
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:55 pm

It seems to me I read in an earlier post a month or more ago, that Midnight Synergy said you're limited to 100 objects in a level (or something like that) - any more than that and you'll get an error message.
Majicaleetarina
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:24 pm

I remember that too majic1, surely it can't be that if the others don't have a problem.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:45 pm

Yes, you are right! But I was referring to the post on making levels (2 or 3 up)!!
Majicaleetarina
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:49 pm

As you all know, I'm not a level maker, but it should be pointed out that Robbie's Dynamite Joe level was massive, (92 x 92, I think), and had a huge amount of items in it. I don't recall having any probs with it or any other level.

Robbie, are you about? Can you shed some light here?

~OB
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:03 pm

majic1 wrote:Yes, you are right! But I was referring to the post on making levels (2 or 3 up)!!

Sorry majic1, got my wires crossed. :oops:
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:44 pm

If I remember right, there were some posts back and forth between Robbie & Midnight Synergy when he was making Adventureland 2 due to problems he was having with size and # of objects. I think that's how I found out about the limited number of objects in a level.
Majicaleetarina
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:51 pm

Graphics card info:
My computer is using a NVIDIA GEForce4 MX 440 graphics card...Which was the latest and biggest card available when I bought this computer 9 months ago.

I cleared everything out of Custom Levels, downloaded a couple new levels and can play them. I downloaded levels I had already downloaded previously and can play those.

Then I tried dragging levels that I had moved out of the old Custom Levels Folder one by one, using Windows Explorer, into the new Custom Levels folder to play them, and the error message came up for each one.
I created a new folder, using a generic name, and tried opening games from there, same message.
Next I tried taking the games I was making at the time into both folders, can't open them. But I can open them in the Editor. I also tried saving these games with a new name into a new folder. They still will not play.

It seems that everything in the custom levels folder became corrupted at the time of the event that caused the original Memory Access error.

ol'gramma
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:25 pm

WOW!!! Sounds like maybe you'll have to start over & download all of the custom levels over again :( - since you said it seemed to work when you did that. If you're like I am, you've downloaded MILLIONS - & that's going to take some time to start over!! :cry: (Boo hoo again!) It's good for us to know these things tho in case we have the same problem.

Guess this problem is why we haven't heard from you much this weekend! Did you know your dog's on the loose - getting into all the levels - even had a litter of puppies when you weren't looking - we've given most of them away already! :lol: :lol:
Majicaleetarina
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:20 am

Oh no, all those puppies that were in my new levels that don't work now got tired of waiting, are on the loose and I am a Gramma AGAIN? :shock: :shock:

Thanks for finding them all homes Majic... :lol:

I have to see if I can call a few home for a new level. Red and Yellow are my favorite breed. :wink:

ol'gramma
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:20 am

ol'gramma wrote:It seems that everything in the custom levels folder became corrupted at the time of the event that caused the original Memory Access error.
Perhaps a shot in the dark, but try creating a new player and play the custom levels with that, and see if that works.