Wonderland "Old Timers" - Drop in and say Hi!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

rmelin13
Rainbow Star

Post by rmelin13 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:28 pm

Thought I'd check in here just for grins. I stopped playing on a regular basis, and stopped posting a few years back when things got a bit .... shall I say 'uncomfortable' around here.
Then I'd break out RTWD once a year or so after that, created a level or three (which never did go over too well) over time.

Lately I've been trying to go back through some of the old stuff, and don't you know that after 10 years this is still one of the better logic games around?
Good to see some of the old names! "Hi" to all of you! :D
-- Roger
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:55 pm

rmelin13 wrote:Thought I'd check in here just for grins. I stopped playing on a regular basis, and stopped posting a few years back when things got a bit .... shall I say 'uncomfortable' around here.
Then I'd break out RTWD once a year or so after that, created a level or three (which never did go over too well) over time.

Lately I've been trying to go back through some of the old stuff, and don't you know that after 10 years this is still one of the better logic games around?
Good to see some of the old names! "Hi" to all of you! :D
Things have settled around here.

Hi everybody!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
wonderland01
Rainbow Master

Post by wonderland01 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:49 am

Haha, this is actually funny. I haven't been on the forums for roughly five-ish years. I remember making a ton of levels when I was in elementary school. Ever since I've started high school (I'm actually a junior now), I've been occupied with a bunch of stuff. Joining the debate team has kept me busy, that's for sure.

Anyways, it's good to see all of you! :D
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Still here

Post by Bearsland » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:10 am

No. 60 on the Member List (30 December 2003, I think) and I'm still here; not as often as I was , but I still pop by.

Robbie, it's lovely to see you back on here after all these years and thanks for the mention. Lovely kids, btw. Also nice to see some other 'oldies' here; especially Pauline (Popo), Janet (jgalle), Liz (Liz Mayhew), Roger (rmelin13) and, of course, my old friend (and I do mean that sincerely) Mette.

There were good times back then, Robbie; and bad sometimes (I was the cause of most of those... sorry, folks :oops: ). You'll all be glad to know I've mellowed a wee bit since my mad, bad, angry days.

Anyway, hello to all the 'old members' and all you new young kids.

Congrats to Patrick on the new game, too, of course. Brilliant, as ever, sir!

OB

I'd love to hear from (MAD) Maureen, if anyone knows how, or where, she is.
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:53 am

The king of awesome alternate solutions for the classic trilogy, the one who figured out a stressless way to solve WSW's "The Treadmill" IS HERE!!! BEARSLAND IS HERE!!! I'm speechless. I love your "this is not how the level was intended to be" thinking.

Seriously, it's been years and I still can't forget "The Treadmill". That far-away shot to destroy the keg... wow.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:05 am

Welcome back, Bearsland! It's nice to see so many old names reappearing, these days. :D
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Guess I'll say hi too! Like Loirae I lurk around here every now and then to see how things are going. I still haven't played any of the new Wonderland games (no time for a full game investment) but I'm considering making a new level or two tonight... cross my fingers :wink:

EDIT: Hi Bearsland - haven't seen you since 2005 :lol:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:26 am

Member since Oct. 24th 2005 with 3571 posts... checking in every once in awhile, I think about coming back to play all the time but things have gotten so busy with me. Got 2 new grand-daughters, one fixing to turn 5 and the other will be 2 a few days after Christmas. I have the 2 yr old about 9 hrs. a day and she's a handful. We sure had some fun back in the day. I do miss you all. So just popping in to say hi.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:43 am

Well nice to see you again Uneekrose! :D

And Congratulations on the granddaughters! :D
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Oldies!

Post by rescuefire » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Holy Moly!!! Uneekrose told me about this board. I still have the anniversary addition sitting on my desk although I use a Mac now and haven't been able to play the game anymore. I have no idea when I joined, didn't look it up but some of the names are familiar. WOW so great to see these names again. I used to make textures and levels and do video solutions to some of Kiki's crazy hard levels LOL

My son made a couple of levels when he was about.....9 maybe. He's turning 21 on Sunday and I'm taking him and his girlfriend to Vegas for a week. Can't wait.

I really miss playing the game. Patrick...get a Mac version going will ya pal? hehehe

I have moved from Michigan to Texas and there's a bird here that sounds JUST like those little blue fluff balls that appeared in some levels. I'm so freaking old I don't remember what they were called hehe

Wow so good to see some of you, and better yet to see some of you have mellowed out. Love that!

:D
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
pandybear
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by pandybear » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:12 pm

I am back to enjoy some of the creative levels again - I was chatting with some friends on Facebook, who were made while playing Wonderland so many years ago and we are all coming back to take a look and enjoy some fun - me, Uneekrose, Rescuefire and a couple of others have become friends because of this game. Uneekrose and I actually met up when I was visiting my sister in North Carolina. The rest of us are still hoping to have an in person reunion sometime! It's great to be back :D
Andy
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Over in the little box where your name is it tells you when you joined. Andy got me playing a few games, maybe I'll gravitate back but slowly, I stay quite busy here lately.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: Oldies!

Post by garirry » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:53 pm

rescuefire wrote:Holy Moly!!! Uneekrose told me about this board. I still have the anniversary addition sitting on my desk although I use a Mac now and haven't been able to play the game anymore. I have no idea when I joined, didn't look it up but some of the names are familiar. WOW so great to see these names again. I used to make textures and levels and do video solutions to some of Kiki's crazy hard levels LOL

My son made a couple of levels when he was about.....9 maybe. He's turning 21 on Sunday and I'm taking him and his girlfriend to Vegas for a week. Can't wait.

I really miss playing the game. Patrick...get a Mac version going will ya pal? hehehe

I have moved from Michigan to Texas and there's a bird here that sounds JUST like those little blue fluff balls that appeared in some levels. I'm so freaking old I don't remember what they were called hehe

Wow so good to see some of you, and better yet to see some of you have mellowed out. Love that!

:D
If you wish to play these games on a Mac (like I do), use Boot Camp or Parallels Desktop to install Windows on it, and then play the games on it. :)
carol
Bronze Wonderlander

A Reallyyyyyyy Old timer lol

Post by carol » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:33 pm

I joined this forum in december of 2003 (#49 on the member list!). I never was much of a poster...but always came looking for help when I was stuck. Always seemed to find it too. When my eyes get tired of the hidden object games and my soul gets tired of the death and darkness of current popular adventure games, I find myself returning to my favorite Wonderland games. Glad to see the forums are still available for those levels that i never quite figured out the first time and still need help on again.
Plurm
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Plurm » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:59 am

I'm not an old timer, maybe. "Hi", everyone.
I've dropped for 2-3 years with the WA TWC's dead.
And now I've finish three of the WA's main series.
I miss you... :cry:
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Oldies!

Post by TheoX » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:42 pm

rescuefire wrote:I have moved from Michigan to Texas and there's a bird here that sounds JUST like those little blue fluff balls that appeared in some levels. I'm so freaking old I don't remember what they were called hehe
Scritters? I don't remember what they sound like myself - only the name! :lol:

It's awesome that some of you were able to meet up and become friends from meeting in this community. What I always liked about this place was how it brought people of different ages and walks of life together. That's why I enjoy gaming in general, really, but Wonderland in particular has always been about peace and thinking with your brain! I wish I could have attended some of the meetups long ago, but they were in England (I think?) and alas I could not travel at all at the time, let alone go to another country. :wink:

I hope that forum members from days past continue to visit and say hello! I find myself coming back here every once in a while and getting into a level-making spree every summer or so in the midst of my work, which I'm still getting used to. Being out of college and in the "real world" takes some adjustment!

I'm going to try to play & comment on a few levels in the next week. Perhaps I'll make a couple as well!

EDIT: I can't believe it's been ELEVEN years since I first started coming here. That's half my life!! :shock:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
jobec5
Rainbow Wizard

It's been way too long

Post by jobec5 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi all you so-called "old-timers". It's probably been seven years since I was active in the forum. I missed it a lot and finally got back on my feet and bought a laptop and of course all of the Wonderland games. Hope everyone is well. It's good to be back.
Becky
"Think a kind and gentle thought, and wish for Peace and Harmony for ALL who live in Wonderland" Morklin from Wonderland Adventures
><((((°>
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:30 am

Welcome back to the forums! :D
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:52 am

Look who's decided to come back for a peek on New Year's Day. :D

Looks like most of my batchmates from 2008-2009 aren't here anymore ... do I still see bround, Nobody, MNIK, jozsefkoma, Emerald141, cbloopy, garirry, Sammy_Bro and ~xpr'd~ around? :shock:

Also, did I happen to miss any 2015 Midnight Posts?
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:00 am

AJQZC wrote:Look who's decided to come back for a peek on New Year's Day. :D

Looks like most of my batchmates from 2008-2009 aren't here anymore ... do I still see bround, Nobody, MNIK, jozsefkoma, Emerald141, cbloopy, garirry, Sammy_Bro and ~xpr'd~ around? :shock:

Also, did I happen to miss any 2015 Midnight Posts?
MNIK, Sammy, Emerald, Nobody, Xpr'd and Garirry are still around. :)

BTW, there hasn't been at least one single Midnight Post this year. :(
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

I wish there was a modern version of the original trilogy

Post by davidmwilliams » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:47 pm

This game was (is) really fun and clever. I would love it if a modern remake would come out.

How about for the iPad or even the Nintendo Switch? :)
garirry
Rainbow Star

Re: I wish there was a modern version of the original trilog

Post by garirry » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:26 am

davidmwilliams wrote:This game was (is) really fun and clever. I would love it if a modern remake would come out.

How about for the iPad or even the Nintendo Switch? :)
Glad to see you again! We've had a thread discussing the subject of a potential remake and we've come to the conclusion that there just simply isn't enough interest in a remake, and I don't think MS is interested in doing one. But of course it would be awesome.
robnjake

Post by robnjake » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:27 am

I've actually been toying around with trying to replicate the physics and such in Unity, but haven't gotten that far.
Also, in the attachments i've included something i spent about an hour on. nothing special but meh
EDIT: OH GOD I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT TO BE THAT BIG
Attachments
mslogo.png
mslogo.png (362.99 KiB) Viewed 28149 times
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:04 am

The attachment shows up as a blank rectangle for me.
If you're going to work on your Unity/Wonderland project enough that you might release it in the future, you should create a topic for it. I'm sure everyone would be very interested in seeing your progress. :)
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:32 pm

robnjake wrote:I've actually been toying around with trying to replicate the physics and such in Unity, but haven't gotten that far.
Also, in the attachments i've included something i spent about an hour on. nothing special but meh
EDIT: OH GOD I WAS NOT EXPECTING IT TO BE THAT BIG
That's a really nice HD logo remake there, I'll be sure to use it in any future Wonderland fan games!

I would also like to mention that I've been learning Unity for about 4 months now, if a Wonderland HD were to begin production in Unity, I'd love to be PM'd about it and it could be discussed further from there.
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:05 am

Not much activity around here anymore I'm afraid, but I thought I'd drop in here and say hi. I doubt many people (if anyone at all) remember me, but since I've been a member of this forum for over 10.5 years now, I thought I'd drop in for old time's sake! I never played WA3: POTZ unfortunately. Maybe I'll go back in play it one day soon.
Insert stupid jokes here.
robnjake

Post by robnjake » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 am

Is anyone alive here? Oats? Patrick? Anyone? :stinkyneutral:
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Re: Wonderland "Old Timers" - Drop in and say Hi!

Post by AJQZC » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:53 am

Wow, it's been 12 years since MOFI and my first post! :shock:
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Guess I finally count as an old timer!

Heyo!
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:18 am

StinkyFTW wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:30 pm
Guess I finally count as an old timer!

Heyo!
M8

I've been here much longer than you. :P
I joined the community since later 2009 and I'm still here. Most old timers rarely or never post here anymore. But I have a heart for this game series still, so I'm hanging around checking posts occasionally.