Wonderland "Old Timers" - Drop in and say Hi!

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Wonderland "Old Timers" - Drop in and say Hi!

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:36 pm

Please excuse the "old timer" term. :D But some of you have been away from the forums for a long time, and may be coming back here again in the near future. (ahem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlPrnECBcRk)

If so, please write a line and say Hello! We'd love to hear from you!
Last edited by Midnight Synergy on Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:31 pm

i joined in 2007 and i qualify as an old timer right (despite the fact i've been posting semi-frequently)

hi
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:35 pm

I'm also dsw on the forum. I started this new account because it had been years and I forgot my old username and I wanted to join so I could follow the POTZ updates. Recently, I found dsw again. I know I've been here as WK for a while, but I just want to say it's AWESOME to be back.
Last edited by Wonderland King on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:19 pm

way back in 2008 I made the account arahma, and recently rejoined 1 year ago. woot
no
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:21 pm

It wasn't on this account but I just realized I've been here for almost 10 years now, wow.

... I feel old. :lol:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I lost my old account that I made back in 2007 due to an email change so I made this one.. I've been here for 6 years now. :D
Last edited by jdl on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks Patrick... yes I guess I qualify as an old timer coming in at no.11 on the member list. Congrats on keeping the game & community alive & well after so long. 8)

Would be good to hear from some of the others... Pauline & Maureen, DG & Old Bear (we had some good times!)... heaps of others.

Shared a lot of good times (and sad). Just going back over some of my posts - semi regularly posted through to 2006/2007 - I came across this topic I shared when my son was born. http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0 Haven't seen these photos since then! Simi's now 8, Lusi-Ann 10 while Vani - then 4 - is now... a teenager!!! aargh!
Yes, I'm still here... ;)
500 posts here I come!
D Howery
Silver Wonderlander

Post by D Howery » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:40 am

I guess you can call me a old timer (# 37). Can't wait for the new game to come out.

DRHowery
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:41 am

Hi Robbie
Glad to hear all is well with you and your family.
jg
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:03 am

Hey Janet! yeh going well thanks.
Good to see you still alive & kicking here too. Hope all is well at your ranch.

Hi DRH, 10 years and 17 posts... that's legendary lurking!!!

8 years and a few grey hairs on from the post above...
Attachments
DSC01077_final.JPG
DSC01077_final.JPG (108.12 KiB) Viewed 52712 times
Yes, I'm still here... ;)
500 posts here I come!
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:57 am

Qloof234 wrote:It wasn't on this account but I just realized I've been here for almost 10 years now, wow.

... I feel old. :lol:
I've been here 7, you joined a little bit earlier than me.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 am

Well I'm definitely an old timer ... I turn 60 next month. :shock: :lol:

#101 in the memberlist so I haven't been here since the inception, but it does seem like a lifetime away since stepping foot in here. I've become a grandma three times since joining and hope to enroll them all into the joys of Wonderlanding.

Beautiful family Robbie. 8)
Pauline
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 pm

I'm here too :D

I haven't posted much during the last (how many?) years, but I have been checking in sort of regularly.

Nice to see you back, alive and kicking, Pauline and Robbie :lol:
\Mette
lizwiz
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lizwiz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Guess I've been around for a while too :)

Still pop in occasionally and encourage my grandson to make RTW levels.
Liz (the Wiz)
No trees were killed in the making of this message...however, a large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced
ILoveWonderland
Rainbow Master

Post by ILoveWonderland » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:18 pm

I'm probably an old-timer! :shock: I don't post much, but I do check the forum almost every day. :)
Insert stupid jokes here.
fobot
Silver Wonderlander

Post by fobot » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:16 am

I made some levels that probably no one remembers years ago...
Now i'm back! i'm replaying WA and MOFI and might make some new levels if i get any good ideas.
Hi again everybody! ( =
carol
Bronze Wonderlander

my 10th anniversary too

Post by carol » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:44 am

I joined in Dec 2003...not much of a poster...just a reader/follower/wonderland lover! I have played all the wonderland versions over and over again! Looking forward to good things coming! Thanks MS gang!
slimm tom
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by slimm tom » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:56 pm

I think you could call me an 'old timer', which is quite a strange feeling to be honest. Just bought the new Wonderland game, and it feels great to get back into a series that I have very fond memories of. Happy adventures everyone!
Sofoulini
Rainbow Keeper

I'm an old timer guy too!!!

Post by Sofoulini » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm here too...
I joined the year 2009...
I was busy all this time,so I didn't make more walkthroughs in these games...
Oh my...
I really remember the old times when I first made my channel in Youtube and when I made walkthrough in all Wonderland Games...
It was really good days...
I had helped many people in the world with my walkthroughs and thanks for their support!!!
I want now to do another walkthrough and this time in Wonderland Adventures 3 so,I will go back in old times {I mean two years ago} when I have started to play Wonderland games and made walkthroughs with them!!!
My Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/InMrMenShow

>My list with my custom levels/adventures<
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351783#351783
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:08 am

Ahoy there Wonderland Community!

I was one of those who started with the very first Wonderland, even before RTW (though I joined here a bit later after that). It's been a while (five years-ish) since I've posted here, but I've quietly been checking in every now and then to see what was happening with PoTZ. After being a level designer for MOFI I kinda got burnt out on the WA style of gameplay, but having had to time away I'm ready to give it another go with PoTZ.

Glad to see that Midnight Synergy is still around making the magic happen. These games are often times a major source of inspiration for me as game developer. Wonderland is still one of the best puzzle/action games out there and I cannot wait to see where it goes next after PoTZ (no pressure MS).
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:31 pm

I guess I qualify as an old timer! #50 on the memberlist and was a beta tester for omg...I can't remember which game. So happy to be playing again. We were small enough group back then we had a 'contest' of sorts to see who could match names to faces. People sent me their pictures and I made a webpage of the names and faces and we all guessed (well except for me) on who was who. It was quite fun! Anyone remember that? OK I must get back to the game now.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:41 am

Hey Jen,
Yes I remember that who's who contest.......it really was a loooooong time ago. Glad to see you are still Wonderlanding!
jg
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:04 am

Hello :D

Daniel
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 pm

I am certainly an oldtimer, since I disappeared for a while, as only oldtimers can do. :wink:

Although my current profile doesn't show it, I actually joined the forum in 1928, when the internet was maintained with steam engines, and the very first Wonderland "game" was devised by mr P.'s grandfather.
I say "game", because at that time it was just a little black and white guy standing around on screen, doing nothing much. Colour was invented around 1931, yellow being the first of them, with movement not far behind in '33.
Yellow paved the way for the concept of Stars, and capitalism showed us that you have to earn them. Now it turned into a game! :D

The next idea was that if players want to earn their stars, they'll have to make an effort. And so Frustration was invented around 1939, in the shape of closed gates. As the buttons that were supposed to open them came to life some 6 years later, it was almost the end of Wonderland. But by that time mr P. (who's real name is Patrick) was six years old and an alert little boy. :idea: He pointed at the screen and said: "Say grandpa, you know what I could make of all this?"
Luckily grandpa was an open- and fairminded man and asked the now famous question: "What?"

The rest is history... :D :D :D
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Ahhh.......we've missed you.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:16 pm

bround wrote:Hello :D

Daniel
oh hey man, whats going on
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Ah Janet,

It was so nice to meet you last night. The Academy sure is a big place, but I found you anyway, and luckily still within opening hours.
By the way, you have the bluest eyes I have ever seen. :o

The hat I bought from you wás the right choice after all (thanks for that) and nicely covers the large bald spot on the back of my head. :shock:

The glasses are an extremely welcome addition and I realize, now, what a miracle it was that I even recognized you. They came at exactly the right moment too, as after the first 25 stars the difficulty seems to have been cranked up a big notch. But I'll get those Z-Bots. Not necessarily to save the world, but my neighbour is a first-rate taxidermist, specializing in metallic critters, and they will look great on my living room wall... 8)
Kilicool64
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Kilicool64 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Given that I joined five years ago, I guess I qualify as an "old timer" to a certain extent. Though I already got into Wonderland several years before that. I just never made any posts and forgot my old password at some point, so I made a new account.

Chances are most of you don't remember me since I've barely been active these days and in hindsight, I'm pretty embarrassed about most of the old adventures I made back when I was more active than now. Most of them were really just short test levels I made while learning the basics about the WA editor, and I should've kept them to myself instead of releasing them here.

That said, while I've barely played the Wonderland series the last few years, I'm planning to buy POTZ as soon as possible. Who knows, perhaps I'll learn how to make adventures that are actually worth playing one day as well?
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, you managed to unlurk me with a request to come back and say hi. I suppose it's been a while. I see some familiar names (popo, jg, mahaloof, mette) to name a few just in this thread alone. And Janet - congratulations on being a character! Love the clothing shop you've got setup.

Life went all topsy turvy and I fell off the map, but haven't left completely. Moved all over the country. Landed in Michigan around the time of MOFI and had a baby then, too. Then had all my time wrapped in raising the three kids and staying awake. Recently moved across the country to the West Coast so I'm back to square one in setting up the house.

But couldn't resist the release of POTZ!!! Hubby came home and asked me what was wrong. Am I ok? Am I depressed? Why am I throwing myself into a game? I started laughing and realized, only a Wonderland game can make me concentrate so hard I look like I'm in pain. But the cheering and grin when I solve the level - WAHOOOOO.

Also, 12 year old son has finally started to figure out the WA editor and is working his way through the tutorials. I can't wait to see what he comes up with.
Loirae
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:07 pm

Hey Loirae,
It's good to hear from you.
You sound like you've been busy.
Have fun with POTZ.
jg

My vender charactor is my NaNa look. :wink: