WA3 Full Spoiler Discussion

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Nobody wrote:Jutomi, stop reading people's avatars instead of their posts.
Forums are all about people's avatars. The posts are just supplemental content that are optional to look at.
Qloof234 wrote:Did someone call me?
I don't know your phone number, so it wasn't me.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:45 pm

This screen is completely attainable without cheating or anything, heh.
Attachments
grrrrME.png
grrrrME.png (747.71 KiB) Viewed 9865 times
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Deleted. I don't like the way my screenshot came out - it was stretched in some places. :cry:
Last edited by Wonderland King on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Has anyone noticed that the Guy guarding the Rainbow Shard is named Wobniar?
What would you get if you were to spell that... backwards? :wink:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Heh, lol. :lol:
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:19 pm

My review of the game:

Storyline

Well, most of it, I loved. There were lots of plot twists and suspense (I spent most of the game thinking that an Ice Troll was following me, because I didn't see the Jeeboo well, and Guggenheimer was one of the last wizards I rescued) and most of the plot came together in the end. As polished as it was, some parts, like the Z-Bots conspiring with the Grynklers, stealing the flow of the Jeeboo (why not just kill the Jeeboo?), turning chompers into machines, and setting up stations on Uo, were never explained and felt too random. And everyone said Grennfleagel was there at the beginning when you first visited the Planet Of The Z-Bots, and got blasted to Jaava, but he wasn't there. This wasn't just a "getting technical" little joke, it was a major part of the storyline that confused me.

Visuals/Graphics

Amazing. Just Wow. They blew my mind. Each place was given a distinct style, and you really could tell that you were visiting different planers. You really could. My only two gripes were the new transporter style (I would've liked it to have been on the transporters in the Planet Of The Z-Bots, but nowhere else) and that Barren was a bit too dark; I would've liked it better if it had been more light, like sand, so it would've really felt like a massive desert.

Gameplay/Level Design

Well, the game was very hard, I'll say. It started easy and had a good learning curve, which I appreciated. New elements were introduced and thoroughly explained (except Rainbow Bubbles, which I didn't appreciate). It had a great selection of puzzles, but I agree with everyone who says that there's a limit to alternate solutions. Some of them (like my magic choice to Rescue Mission B), were fun to use. Others, like several solutions to Suspicious Silence, were too much. If there's a level where the player should have to use every magic spell (or every key, etc.), alternate solutions where you don't use every spell should be dealt with. My biggest complaint about POTZ was that certain elements were only used in specific places, and it was possible to skip levels introducing certain elements. Magic probably should've been required to learn at the academy, so they wouldn't only be usable in a certain planet (this would have made random combinations possible like Flash on Jaava, Grow on Barren, and most importantly, Brr on Qwertyx.) But other than that, the puzzles were great. "Escape!" took me days to solve, and the feeling of pride at the end was worth it.

Audiovisuals

Well, I loved some of the new music tracks, and the new command that can be used to adjust the music is also pretty cool.

In Conclusion

Overall, I'd give it a pretty high rating, but not a perfect one. I definitely love it! :D
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 am

Wonderland King wrote:My review of the game:

Storyline

Well, most of it, I loved. There were lots of plot twists and suspense (I spent most of the game thinking that an Ice Troll was following me, because I didn't see the Jeeboo well, and Guggenheimer was one of the last wizards I rescued) and most of the plot came together in the end. As polished as it was, some parts, like the Z-Bots conspiring with the Grynklers, They did? I don't remember that. stealing the flow of the Jeeboo (why not just kill the Jeeboo?), The Z-Bots didn't intentionally steal the Flow. They just created structures in the tunnel, unintentionally blocking off the Flow. I don't think they even cared/realized the Jeebo existed. turning chompers into machines, MORE MINIONS! and setting up stations on Uo, were never explained and felt too random. And everyone said Grennfleagel was there at the beginning when you first visited the Planet Of The Z-Bots, and got blasted to Jaava, but he wasn't there. This wasn't just a "getting technical" little joke, it was a major part of the storyline that confused me. He wasn't? I thought he was. I'm not sure what you mean by "'getting technical' little joke" either.
Other than that, I agree, except that I'd be more inclined to complain about Qwertyx than Barren.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:52 am

I felt Barren was just fine. :P

Qwertyx... I guess it did feel kind of small, and desolate.
Though it did have some pretty nice levels(Particularely "What the Blink?") :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:17 am

Wonderland King wrote:~snip~
@Grynklers: I'm pretty sure the two were not affiliated with each other, the Grynklers were just hostile to Stinkers.

@Uo: I'm pretty sure the idea behind setting up stations on Uo was meant to show the large influence of the Z-Bots, since Uo is located near the edge of the Wonderverse or whatever it said. Said info implies that since the Z-Bots can reach the edges of space, they pose a larger threat than thought of.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:37 am

Wonderland King wrote:And everyone said Grennfleagel was there at the beginning when you first visited the Planet Of The Z-Bots, and got blasted to Jaava, but he wasn't there. This wasn't just a "getting technical" little joke, it was a major part of the storyline that confused me.
This has been confusing me too. The first time you encounter Grennfleagel in this game is on Jaava, even though the Rainbow Stars etc. claim that he was with you at the beginning on Planet of the Z-Bots.

I was going to update the Grennfleagel Wiki page when I remembered this problem and didn't know how I would deal with it.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:39 am

@Chompers: Some things, like mechanical chompers as minions, are implied, but there isn't any detail about it, and it's never clearly explained.

@Uo: Yes, but that never explains why they set up stations there. The Z-Bots had no reason to set up those stations.

@Grynklers: It's mentioned that they might've been conspiring with the Z-Bots. I'll post a screenshot of the dialog in a couple days, but for now, I'm on vacation and the computer with Wonderland on it isn't cooperating with the Wi-Fi or electricity source here. :cry:

@Barren: Same as what I wrote above for Uo.

@"Getting Technical": Nobody, this is what I meant.

@Grennfleagel: Well... *tries to come up with something to say*
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:20 am

Wonderland King wrote:@Uo: Yes, but that never explains why they set up stations there. The Z-Bots had no reason to set up those stations.
Uh... they're evil robots with intent on dominating the universe.
tb
Gold Wonderlander

Post by tb » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:44 pm

potz is amazing but i no no how to do tough adventure im stuck in star world adventures :cry:
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:33 am

@Uo: So setting up stations in a random, desolate spot is the best way to dominate the universe?

@General Game: Of course, I still loved the game. I don't want it to seem otherwise. There's just been more to say about the 5% I didn't like rather than the 95% I did like. :?

@Grynklers/Z-Bots: Screenshot title says it all. :lol: :wink:
Attachments
Itoldyouso.jpg
Itoldyouso.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 9608 times
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:55 am

tb wrote:potz is amazing but i no no how to do tough adventure im stuck in star world adventures :cry:
Why not take a look at the level solutions board or post a question there? :)
Wonderland King wrote:Well, I loved some of the new music tracks, and the new command that can be used to adjust the music is also pretty cool.
There IS a new command to adjust music? :shock: Do tell. :oops:

@Grynklers: In the Temple Run level, Zapbots work together with the Grynklers, so it pretty much confirms that they are in cahoots. :P
EDIT:
spoilers wrote:Or were in cahoots
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

Wonderland King wrote:@Uo: So setting up stations in a random, desolate spot is the best way to dominate the universe?
It's still a part of the universe, eh? [/wow]
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm

This is just a thought on my part, but keep in mind that Uo is supposedly full of strange magic. It's possible the Z-Bots were looking for something they could take advantage of there.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:44 pm

Interesting point... :)
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:36 pm

samuelthx wrote:There IS a new command to adjust music? :shock: Do tell. :oops:
There's some parts of the game where the music just all of the sudden distorts, like on Qwertyx in the acidic environment of it. It probably wasn't poisonous at all but was just menacing :P There was also a couple other parts of the game where that happened too but that was the main one that struck out at me.
Qloof wrote:This is just a thought on my part, but keep in mind that Uo is supposedly full of strange magic. It's possible the Z-Bots were looking for something they could take advantage of there.
Just a suggestion but: It could even be possible that they're even responsible for the magic being the way it is.
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:08 am

llarson wrote:
samuelthx wrote:There IS a new command to adjust music? :shock: Do tell. :oops:
There's some parts of the game where the music just all of the sudden distorts, like on Qwertyx in the acidic environment of it. It probably wasn't poisonous at all but was just menacing :P There was also a couple other parts of the game where that happened too but that was the main one that struck out at me.
Oh, that's what he meant. In Uo it made Beyond the Stars sound like some doll's music... :lol:
llarson wrote:Just a suggestion but: It could even be possible that they're even responsible for the magic being the way it is.
Now that you've said it, I agree! The void turns magic into Faint Magic, as seen in Escape!
Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:13 am

Z-bots are conquerors so they tried to conquer barren,Jaava and Uo,z-didn't conquer Qwertyx because it's too cold there and,ice can turn into water if heated,which would short circuit Z-bot,they have also not conquered star world because they don't know the path,even with rainbow portals,they can't enter star world because they like void and don't like magic.
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:05 am

dig 222 wrote:Here's something interesting: I found the texture that MOFI and POTZ use for flowing bubbles. Rainbow bubbles, anyone? :wink:
I know it's been a long time...

but, I was searching the forums to see if I can't find the list MyNameIsKooky made for hub coins; which, I still have not found.

I had found this, and thought that this might be an interesting addition to Bubble Forest...

any way I could have a wop for this? :P

Krishiv738
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Krishiv738 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:07 am

Jutomi wrote:
dig 222 wrote:Here's something interesting: I found the texture that MOFI and POTZ use for flowing bubbles. Rainbow bubbles, anyone? :wink:
I know it's been a long time...

but, I was searching the forums to see if I can't find the list MyNameIsKooky made for hub coins; which, I still have not found.

I had found this, and thought that this might be an interesting addition to Bubble Forest...

any way I could have a wop for this? :P
I did PM you the wop file for flo bubbles.Hub coins?
I am getting outta here, nothing is new, everything is boring.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:29 am

I mean the rainbow bubbles. :lol:

Not like the rainbow bubbles would be a major addition, any how, but I think they would be...
well, lets say, interesting. :D

And, I did receive your static bubbles, and thank you so much!

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:22 pm

Jutomi wrote: but, I was searching the forums to see if I can't find the list MyNameIsKooky made for hub coins; which, I still have not found.
I still don't have time to clean up billy bob's PoTZ things list yet, so I'll post them to somewhere soon (or find a time to actually clean it up)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Jutomi wrote:but, I was searching the forums to see if I can't find the list MyNameIsKooky made for hub coins; which, I still have not found.
I assume you mean this?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:28 am

Oh, yes, for sure! :D

Exactly how I missed it, I am still to question. Thank you so much :D

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:54 am

Double post...

I had found out that I had forgotten, of all places, the surface of Barran. :roll:

One down...
Two to go.

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon May 05, 2014 3:29 am

In the WA3E, look at dialogs 159 and 160. Are they used in game as dialogs for Z-Bots you might be able to talk to, but you normally shouldn't? (The instance of Z-Bot Prime by the "Escape!" star has no dialog so I'm not so sure.)

Or... do we have another puzzle to solve? :wink:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon May 05, 2014 3:33 am

Well, the game seems to always be full of secrets.

On the other hand, they could have just been dialogues that were left in. :mrgreen: