Wonderland Influences

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Wonderland Influences

Post by Jutomi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:36 am

Wealp, here's my first off-topic thread thing. Lets see how this smacks into a wall. :P
Between my favorite part in POTZ involving a massive rectangle and talking to myself while taking the garbage out, I thought it'd be nice to make a post as to how Wonderland has affected your life and/or way(s) of it(them?).
For instance, with me, not only has my accent, but my voice as all so changed greatly towards talking like a stinker. Admittedly I picked up so many other things that it's kind of hard to tell, but I'd actually bet 7 dallors that I sound more like a stinker than over 88% of this good Earth.
So, feel free to post what you think, and I'd love to view what you have to offer :mrgreen:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:26 am

I've been here since I was 10, made the forum shut down for a few days, then become moderator.

Talk about changes. :P
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:I've been here since I was 10, made the forum shut down for a few days, then become moderator.

Talk about changes. :P
Been here since I was 6, stuff happened, and I can write sentences.

cool huh
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Been here since I was more of a butt, now I'm less of a butt.

woooaaaah, duuuuude
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:31 pm

I would like to repost on this topic; Yeap, sorry about bumping it, but I do actually have more to say about it. :P
Well, it's all so been catching into my dreams, but one of the largest things I'd like to point out is that this was the second time I figured out the sollution of a wonderland level when I was about to fall asleep.
It's like it practically rattles my subconcience (however you're supposed to spell it).
Any how, thanks to being tired, I've figured out how to solve two of the far-game z-bot levels-and I think it all so trigered enough brilliance to solve a third that same morning as the first.
In other words, Wonderland's all so affecting my dream world and my sleeping quota.
Plus, the first few days I joined the forums, I got so excited that I couldn't sleep easily and my neck would tense up, so it all so contributed to my being weak on accidental(maybe?) causes. :lol:
P.S. Really? Since you were six? Wow :D

Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:25 pm

Gee, these are one of the deepest cases of WonderAddiction I've ever seen!
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32 pm

To think this is not my highest addiction! :lol:

dig 222
Rainbow Star

Post by dig 222 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:41 pm

I check the forums like every 5 minutes. ADDICTION
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Tell me about it. :P

Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:08 pm

I used Wonderland to build a social life for a friend, turning him from a socially inept "nerd" to one of the most popular kids in my class. (long story)
Last edited by Blast!10 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Blast!10 wrote:I used Wonderland to build a social life for a friend, turning him from a socially inept "nerd" to one of the most popular kids in my class. (long story)
DO TELL. IT SOUNDS AWESOME. :shock:
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:18 pm

Ok, here we go... you asked for it!! :P

It all started some eight years ago, when I entered third grade and got into this "accelerated learning" class. There I met a strange boy who seemed to have some social problems. He was ridiculed by the entire class (and occasionally some teachers), and the fact that he couldn't keep his temper and would cry over little things made it all worse. I wasn't really different – I was just as hot-tempered as he was, and some of my early posts on the forum reflect that, as some of you were unfortunate enough to see. I couldn't exactly identify his problem (I still don't know what it is, and I'm not interested in asking), but I could clearly see that he had little social skills and an extraordinarily high IQ. When I could, I would often support him, and sometimes publicly defend him, when the rest of the class made fun of him.

Teachers, you know, they just have to give us group projects. Don't know what made him do that, but one of the times we had a group project he decided to do it with me. This initiated the friendship between us, but we were still little more than acquaintances.

Came the day when I saw WSW on ArcadeTown. The graphics were cute and appealing to our eyes, and the game required quite a bit of thinking. This, I thought, is the game for him. I told him about the game and invited him over to play, and my thoughts were correct: the game really did fit him perfectly. A few weeks later, just before I was about to buy it, he phoned me and told me about a better game: Return to Wonderland. Let's just say, after I bought the game we would meet up every week and play for hours. We were true friends at that point – and not many could be seen as his "true friends".

Except for second grade, I was popular wherever I went. And when popular X befriends outcast Y, Y's rank rises until he eventually surpasses X in popularity. His rank started rising rapidly. He joined the others in their card games, which they still play regularly to this day. All of a sudden he was talking to more people, and he quickly gained friends of his own. Wonderland played a major role in creating the friendship between us, which in turn made him gain the friends he has now.

...Does that count? :|
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:27 pm

Oh, for sure!
That's an effect on a whole social class rather than one body!
Such a sweet story... mine is of finding WA and then dying to a bunch of booms. I honestly like yours better! :D
Though, if it weren't for the booms, I would not be here on the forums ranting away, so there's that on my part.

mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:58 pm

@Blast!10: That is a very cool and touching story. Thanks for telling it :)
\Mette
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Blast!10 wrote:...Does that count? :|
It certainly does! What a great story!

Did your friend ever make a forum account?