if ms made a movie

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Caton
Rainbow Master

if ms made a movie

Post by Caton » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:18 am

how cool would it be if midnight synergy made a CGI Wonderland Movie/ Wonderland 3D Animated movie.
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:31 am

That would be really cool. if there was one, it could win the oscars! Image
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:23 pm

*sigh*
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Please don't make multiple topics for basically the same idea (these "what if" posts). Instead, I would try to keep them in the same topic. There's also this one that you can post in about pretty much anything.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Seriously, stop. You already made a topic about what if MS had a game system, without posting anything (like a drawing), only to try and convince everyone how easy it is. Seriously, no need to do the same exact thing again.
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:39 am

myuacc1studios wrote:That would be really cool. if there was one, it could win the oscars! Image
Don't encourage him please.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:53 am

use blender3d
it's free
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:00 am

Caton wrote:use blender3d
it's free
Because it's free, it isn't as good as the 2-billion-$ programs the big companies pay to make their movies. Also, don't request MS to make a movie using a certain software. He does what he wants, and he most likely doesn't want to make a 3D movie about Wonderland. Plus, do you even know how much effort goes into making an animated movie?

I know I'm very annoying, but I'm just trying to give you the message.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:17 am

if wonderland had a movie then wonderland would even be better!
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:33 am

Caton wrote:if wonderland had a movie then wonderland would even be better!
Thats what they said about a lot of things. Stop with these impossible ideas. There is no way that this could be done, not with a community of teens, like me, garirry, and others, kids (cough cough), adults with jobs and a life, and a one man indie game company. There is no way it could happen. Same for the console idea.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: if ms made a movie

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:54 am

Caton wrote:how cool would it be if midnight synergy made a CGI Wonderland Movie/ Wonderland 3D Animated movie.
how cool would it be if midnight synergy became president of the united states

:|

I think you put MS on too high a pedestal. He's not a famous filmmaker; he's just one guy making games. Let's just enjoy his games and stop fantasizing about things like this, 'k?
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Re: if ms made a movie

Post by boh123321 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:10 pm

yot yot5 wrote:I think you put MS on too high a pedestal. He's not a famous filmmaker; he's just one guy making games. Let's just enjoy his games and stop fantasizing about things like this, 'k?
Well said! :)
no
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Not!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:18 pm

Caton wrote:Not!
How about you stop pretending that you're right and we are all unfairly criticizing you?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Alright, guys, I'll end this.

Step 1. Live-action stinkers (guys in costumes) would look incredibly stupid. Trust me on this one.

Step 2. Puppets would look even worse, unless it's something quick and silly. But I'm guessing you want something cool and epic, right?

Step 3. This leaves animation as the only possible route.

Step 4. "Hand-drawn" animation that looks good is incredibly time/effort-consuming. Out of the people I know on the forum, NO ONE has enough skills to do this, and even if someone DOES have the skills, it would take YEARS.

Step 5. Bad-looking Flash animation is possible and I could provide a somewhat artificial synth-like soundtrack. At least one (very silly) script exists on the forum, but the actual animation attempt never really got anywhere. But again, you want something cool and epic, right? Bad-looking Flash animation isn't epic.

Step 6. That leaves CG (aka 3D modeling) animation as the only route.

Step 7. Read "Blender 3D: Noob to Pro" in order to realize just how complicated the world of CG animation really is. Read and despair.

Step 8. Realize that, again, no one on the forum has the expertise or the will to do this, MS included. There are some wonderful people who have done static 3D models for use in RTW (popo had created some fantastic models, I believe) but they're static models. Animation takes so much MORE knowledge and effort -- and that's before you can know if the result is any good. MS might have enough persistence to be able to accomplish this, but they'd rather create a new GAME.

Step 9. Understand that the only person(s) who is likely to have enough knowledge is the CG artist(s) who have designed the in-game graphics, especially those in the Adventures games. However, doing some animation cycles and a bunch of (again) static models is NOT the same as doing an entire animated movie. These CG artists are a small team and they are not going to create an animated film just because one random person felt like it.

Step 10. That leaves YOU and you have already abandoned at least one project before it really got off the ground. (the Sonic one) If you still want to try and maybe accomplish this, I sincerely wish you good luck. If you provide a decently lengthy sample of actual animation (to prove you're serious) I can even (as I've said before) try to provide a synth-like soundtrack. No sample = no soundtrack, because I myself know how easy it is to abandon a project and I don't want to be composing music for something that will never appear. I do have other things to do.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Thank you based Muzozavr.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Derpup Comedy

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:24 pm

But it'd be so cute to have a poorly made costume on a guy holding
poorly made puppets holding poorly made drawings of stinkers...

:lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:31 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Alright, guys, I'll end this.

Step 1. Live-action stinkers (guys in costumes) would look incredibly stupid. Trust me on this one.

Step 2. Puppets would look even worse, unless it's something quick and silly. But I'm guessing you want something cool and epic, right?

Step 3. This leaves animation as the only possible route.

Step 4. "Hand-drawn" animation that looks good is incredibly time/effort-consuming. Out of the people I know on the forum, NO ONE has enough skills to do this, and even if someone DOES have the skills, it would take YEARS.

Step 5. Bad-looking Flash animation is possible and I could provide a somewhat artificial synth-like soundtrack. At least one (very silly) script exists on the forum, but the actual animation attempt never really got anywhere. But again, you want something cool and epic, right? Bad-looking Flash animation isn't epic.

Step 6. That leaves CG (aka 3D modeling) animation as the only route.

Step 7. Read "Blender 3D: Noob to Pro" in order to realize just how complicated the world of CG animation really is. Read and despair.

Step 8. Realize that, again, no one on the forum has the expertise or the will to do this, MS included. There are some wonderful people who have done static 3D models for use in RTW (popo had created some fantastic models, I believe) but they're static models. Animation takes so much MORE knowledge and effort -- and that's before you can know if the result is any good. MS might have enough persistence to be able to accomplish this, but they'd rather create a new GAME.

Step 9. Understand that the only person(s) who is likely to have enough knowledge is the CG artist(s) who have designed the in-game graphics, especially those in the Adventures games. However, doing some animation cycles and a bunch of (again) static models is NOT the same as doing an entire animated movie. These CG artists are a small team and they are not going to create an animated film just because one random person felt like it.

Step 10. That leaves YOU and you have already abandoned at least one project before it really got off the ground. (the Sonic one) If you still want to try and maybe accomplish this, I sincerely wish you good luck. If you provide a decently lengthy sample of actual animation (to prove you're serious) I can even (as I've said before) try to provide a synth-like soundtrack. No sample = no soundtrack, because I myself know how easy it is to abandon a project and I don't want to be composing music for something that will never appear. I do have other things to do.
Step 11. No fart jokes.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:16 am

Guys, don't argue please. :(
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:40 am

garirry wrote:Guys, don't argue please. :(
Where do you see arguing? Jutomi was just having fun (and yes, it might have been cute)

As for myuacc1studios, it took me a few tries to understand what he means... the characters ARE called stinkers, after all. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:45 am

No, it's just that you said you wanted to end all this, but Jutomi and myuacc just said random stuff that I petsonally don't find funny.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:11 am

I love you Muzo 😘
Also garirry, you don't have to be so uptight. I think there's nothing wrong if Caton chooses to pursue a project that's highly unlikely to succeed. ;)

as for you Myuacc you stink :o
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:22 am

samuelthx wrote:as for you Myuacc you stink :o
That was a joke, right? =/
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:33 am

your .gifs stink too.

Nah I just took a page out of your book. ;)
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Re: Derpup Comedy

Post by Koopson44 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:14 am

Jutomi wrote:But it'd be so cute to have a poorly made costume on a guy holding
poorly made puppets holding poorly made drawings of stinkers...

:lol:
This is why we are friends. That and you make good chicken tenders.
boh123321
Rainbow Wizard

Post by boh123321 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:39 am

no