Midnight Post 27 Possibilities List

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:36 pm

Added Wonderman's "Dumb Ways To Die" level to the list. I think even non-forumite players will appreciate the humor. :)

EDIT: Happy 2nd page! :D
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 am

There needs to be some sort of timeline showing the release dates of all the games, the editors, MS's other games, when the forums came along, and that kind of stuff. Otherwise, newcomers to Wonderland like me have no idea when anything was done. Please please please?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:17 am

I doubt it would go into a specific issue, but I think it's actually a pretty neat idea to have somewhere, probably even on the main site.
robnjake

Post by robnjake » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:53 am

What's the holdup?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:00 am

I guess Patrick just got busy. I'm sure we'll see another issue at some point, though, even if it's in the more distant future. :)

Oh, and happy first post! :D
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:58 am

It's been 3 years since #26, and a year since the last post in the Midnight Post subforum.

Shall we still expect a Wonderland 15th anniversary post? :(
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:48 am

Wow, Stinky and Loof are getting old...
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Re: Midnight Post 27 Possibilities List

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Finally picking up on this...

With forum redeisng, the upcoming release of the new collection CD and a little upcoming site redesign, a new Midnight Post should be along for the ride as well. A big part of that should be spotlights - especially to give new players a little start for great to play levels to choose from (given the huuuuge selection).

I will be going through the Adventure suggestions for spotlights.

I would love to hear some of your absolute favourites of the RTW levels as well. I know I featured some in previous posts, but what of the newer levels stands out in your mind?
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm also going to throw this one out there, even though it doesn't look like any more progress is coming: The Curse of Blackwood Isle by yot yot5. I came back to it more recently, and while I'm still finishing up some odds and ends, it's a fantastic project.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:39 pm

A great WA3E custom adventure is Emerald's "The Rest of the Story".
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:34 am

Well, I mean, I'd say Wonderland Adventures: Hidden Realms, but QLoof is still working on that, so that doesn't count (unless he gets it done by then, at which point I would be filled with amazement and... Well, wonder). I'm just glad to see you're active again, Patrick: when I realized the forums were updated (about thirty minutes to an hour ago), it occurred to me that you wouldn't update it without reason, and sure enough, there was a new announcement post. The Wonderland series is my third favorite game series in the universe of all time (third only to Pokemon and Sega/Sonic Team's NiGHTS), and if/when you make a new game I'll definitely look into checking it out. Also, that Midnight Collection CD version 2.0... I have the entire Wonderland series (I have Wonderland Adventures and WA: Mysteries of Fire Island from Big Fish, and the original trilogy and WA: Planet of the Z-Bots from your site), but I don't have any of your other games. I'll definitely see what I can do about getting that new collection CD. Looking forward to what's to come! May caring and nature be with you!
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:16 am

rainbowgamer wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:34 am
Well, I mean, I'd say Wonderland Adventures: Hidden Realms, but QLoof is still working on that, so that doesn't count (unless he gets it done by then, at which point I would be filled with amazement and... Well, wonder).
It's been on the recommendations list on the first post on the first page for a long while now, so it actually does count. :wink:
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:17 am

if I may shamefully plug, might I recommend Operation Mecha's demo?

That is, if you're accepting incomplete hubs/adventures. I honestly wouldn't suggest it if I didn't think it would be a worthy addition with how high quality the first three adventures are (don't hurt me). it is short but sweet.

i dunno--ignore me, I feel anxious doing this as is and I am out of touch :x

EDIT: that moment when you realize operation mecha is already on this topic's list...
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:45 pm

A lot of Jutomi's adventures deserve some love, they always feel fresh and different from one another. I personally really like his interesting usage of leveltextures sometimes. :)

Also, ash (ab-47) is a master of puzzle design when he puts his mind to it, this might seem like a shameless plug but our collaboration series features some of my favorite puzzles of his, especially later on in the series. One of our first collaboration attempts also resulted in one of the most fun puzzles he has created, which is showcased in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEI_OAcdIRo (sorry for the low FPS and quality! I recorded this on my potato laptop)
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:28 am

Nothing wrong with self-promotion. :P
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Really nice list - having fun checking these out, thanks!

Any recommendations for Jutomi's levels? There's a lot - I don't know where to start! :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:56 pm

Uh, that's a really good question! Uh... would you rather RTW or WA stuff?

I have my adventure list a little ways down from the link in my signature, I think,
and a RTW list linked to that... I'll see if I can come up with anything you might find particularly interesting!
ed: fixing the link so it should pop right out on my list... finally. Playing NS for a year's taught me something :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:14 pm

If it's adventures you're looking for... which, I assume is what you mean,
then I guess I could whip up a quick list of preferences, though let me know if you're speaking RTW-wise. :P

1. Grand River Crossing
Perhaps it's partially the nostalgia, but my first adventure actually is one of my favorites. Doesn't look all that great, but I enjoyed its puzzle. :lol:

5. The Elevator
It's an elevator... :lol:

9. The Musical Archives: The Lite Edition
Not actually an adventure, per se: This is a place you can listen to and change the speed of any wonderland soundtrack you want. :D

16. Bundled Up
Another not-so-pretty one, and a simple concept... but my I did have some fun with this one. :lol:

18. The Matter of Grow
Alas, the only video solution to this is in a stream I held of the entire hub, which I added this to. Still, this is a favorite. :3c

25. To Flash a Bubble
This one's special to me, because this was the first time I actually thought to decorate the outside of the adventure. Thank you, Cookie <3
Note: You can win this with one flash left. My mistake <:D

32. Rainbow Fusion
Yeah, definitely did some strange stuff with this one. Fun one imo nonetheless. :)

40. The NOT Gate
Wanted a gate that worked the exact opposite of a normal gate. :)

46. Slinky Crabs
This is quite possibly my only adventure with green crabs... :lol:

67. The Boss Floor
If you want a boss fight, this is it! Its predecessors weren't as well-built, but here are their links too if you're interested in how you get there:
63. Wind-Up Toy
66. Z-Bot Technicians Program

72. The Switch Switch
Puzzle-wise, not my greatest... but concept-wise, I think it's worth a look. :lol:

97. I Have No Idea
This one's a doozy... do be careful if you take a look at this one!

100. Selection
Not that it's particularly special, but I had kept this one saved for years as it was made right after command 4 was being discovered. Good times. :)

102. Twister Tango
Second of the short-lived tennis I had with Phoenixblaze. Definitely a favorite, and I do recommend checking out the first one, made by PhoenixBlaze. :)
The first appearance of some of these objects were here~

103. Super Extreme Ice Skating
This was a joke off of Invisiblewater's "Extreme Ice Skating!". I recommend it, but only if you're willing to lose your temper a little. :lol:
... This actually was my last released adventure. Probably should work on more. :oops:

Well, I hope you enjoy! Or, if not, then at least you can say you've looked at them. :lol:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.