Future of the PC Puzzle Fourm

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Future of the PC Puzzle Fourm

Post by StinkyFTW » Sun May 01, 2016 2:38 am

So, I think we need a topic for this. Here's a list of possibilities that might happen for the forum (none of these are confirmed, they are just ideas)

1. A chat room w. face-cam (just so we could talk wonderland)
2. Being able to buy the games on the forum (This would most likely never happen)
3. Possible flash game support (Like maybe a wonderland maze game or something)

This is all I could think of as of now, please give suggestions!
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Re: Future of the PC Puzzle Fourm

Post by Wonderland King » Sun May 01, 2016 3:08 am

StinkyFTW wrote:1. A chat room w. face-cam (just so we could talk wonderland)
I'm not a member of the chat, so I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure this is essentially what you've described. (Although with a wider variety of things being talked about :wink:.)
StinkyFTW wrote:2. Being able to buy the games on the forum (This would most likely never happen)
Why would this be necessary? I think having the games on the main site is enough - or am I missing something?
StinkyFTW wrote:3. Possible flash game support (Like maybe a wonderland maze game or something)
You mean for online Wonderland fan-made games? I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, sorry.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sun May 01, 2016 4:56 am

StinkyFTW wrote:So, I think we need a topic for this. Here's a list of possibilities that might happen for the forum (none of these are confirmed, they are just ideas)

1. A chat room w. face-cam (just so we could talk wonderland)
2. Being able to buy the games on the forum (This would most likely never happen)

This is all I could think of as of now, please give suggestions!
This is just a forum - exclusively made for text communication.

For 1, there's a Discord chat specifically for that.
For 2, there's the MS website for that, no need to integrate the forum into this.
For 3, I don't see the point, nobody here makes flash games anyway. Besides, they can just host them somewhere else, there are plenty of websites for that.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:19 am

garirry wrote:For 1, there's a Discord chat specifically for that.
Clarification: the Discord isn't really used for talking about Wonderland, it's more for just a group of people who mostly originated from here to talk to each other.
edit: jk we literally just added a wonderland channel

As for 3, flash games are so ooooooooooooollllllld. Best to let flash die out.
Last edited by StinkerSquad01 on Sun May 01, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sun May 01, 2016 5:41 am

So there are non-forumites on the chat?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun May 01, 2016 1:55 pm

Right now there are a few people who aren't from here that are on the Discord server. Wonderland isn't the main thing we talk about, but it is still discussed from time to time. I think Discord is also going to have video calls in the future.

#2 - The only way to get to the forum is if you buy the games in the first place (I think the demos didn't have the discussion forum option) so I don't see the point in this?

#3 - As far as I know, nobody has made any Wonderland-related flash games. If anyone did, it would most likely be hosted on the Midnight Synergy website or somewhere else that hosts flash games, like Y8. Flash is pretty old though, so it would be better to make something in HTML5 instead.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Mon May 02, 2016 1:23 am

I vote pretty much tha same thing as the other people:
StinkyFTW wrote: 1. A chat room w. face-cam (just so we could talk wonderland)
1. Isn't there a Skype group or something? I remember seeing an off topic about a Skype group.
2. Why would we want/need this? We can just go to midnightsynergy.com and push the button. It's not like that's a terrible thing, considering there are a small number of games to buy, which only need to be bought once.
3. http://www.commitstrip.com/en/2015/07/1 ... -of-flash/ although HTML5 games would be an... interesting... idea.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:28 am

We used to use Skype, but we've since moved to Discord - it's got some features that make it a bit more similar to IRC than Skype (which is a good thing IMO - we've gone from having multiple disorganized chatrooms for different topics to a single server with multiple channels, which is much easier to keep track of), the voice chat is generally better quality, there are no ads, and as a whole it's much less resource-intensive on both your internet connection and your computer, making it a lot nicer for online games than Skype is.

There's no video chat at the moment (IIRC, that's in the works for the next stable update), but I think most of us prefer to use just text messaging anyways.