Multiplayer

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Answering Questions 1

Post by Oats » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:59 pm

tooncool64 wrote:would 'Peril Puzzle' include both classic and adventure elements or just classic?
I'm more familiar with the classic elements, but I think the option to have adventure style controls/gameplay options should be available.[/list]
tooncool64
Rainbow Keeper

Post by tooncool64 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:05 pm

If we can assemble a group to start working on this, i think the number one priority would be the level editor because it is obviously the base for the entire game.
Currently playing WSW.

"Please wait, we are loading the game."
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

The Issue with This...

Post by Oats » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:09 pm

tooncool64 wrote:If we can assemble a group to start working on this, i think the number one priority would be the level editor because it is obviously the base for the entire game.
Well, as I've said, as much as I undyingly wish to understand Unity, I don't, I only understand GM Studio, so I'm not sure where we'd get our main programmer from, unless of course there is one in this discussion that I'm unaware of. I do hope this eventually happens somehow, though.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:42 am

Re: Peril Puzzle: So basically Clash Royale except one of the players has to puzzle instead of fight. :lol:

(Note that I'm writing the next part not considering WA.)
Anyway, my opinion is that when the level is designed, some tiles can be set to not allow objects to be placed on them, such as the path to the finish, or inside a gap in a wooden box cluster. It seems that the object placer would have a massive advantage without carefully designing the level. For example, if it's possible to place a cannon so it will destroy a wooden box which is NEEDED to build a bridge, then the puzzler loses.
This would probably work better as a split-screen console game. Two or three players could control the different Stinkers while another player is the object placer.

(Now considering WA only.)
The problem with WA is that although magic would be very useful for destroying or skipping any objects or enemies in the way of the player. But the real problem is that there aren't acually many enemies at all! Let me go through WA1 in my mind. We had Thwarts, of course, and Fireflowers, and...... what else? Scritters? I can't think of anything at all!!

But this is actually a REALLY FREAKING GOOD IDEA. This needs to be created - I would certainly buy it. And many Stinkers battling would be an awesome added extra!
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:24 pm

cloudrac3r wrote:For example, if it's possible to place a cannon so it will destroy a wooden box which is NEEDED to build a bridge, then the puzzler loses.
Funny you should mention that, this exact thought made me add the part about which enemies you can and cant use by configuring it in the options. Thank you very much for complimenting this concept, and I would be open to working with the community to make it happen.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: A New Mode to Go with Multiplayer

Post by FinnThor » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:42 am

Oats wrote:BIG WALL OF TEXT WARNING:
That's nothing compared to this.

Walking on walls could be a useful feature in multiplayer, although I can't think of any right now. :roll:

Edit: Whoa, since when did we get two pages? Why is everyone posting a lot when I'm sleeping?
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:51 am

Is it bad to use python with panda3d engine? also thought we could use Aston for server stuff.

Astron
http://astron.github.io/astron/

Panda3d and python
https://www.panda3d.org/

panda3d supports opengl and directx 9,8,7
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Re: A New Mode to Go with Multiplayer

Post by Oats » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:34 pm

FinnThor wrote: That's nothing compared to this.
Oh yeah, I saw that article when I first joined. A very interesting read, quite weird how its tricked in such a way as to create such a specific effect. Cool to see you reply to this post!
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Python Knowledge

Post by Oats » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:35 pm

Caton wrote:Is it bad to use python
I actually know the basics of Python coding, I can get some simple text stuff done in it. IDK how helpful that is here, though.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:21 pm

cloudrac3r wrote: (Now considering WA only.)
The problem with WA is that although magic would be very useful for destroying or skipping any objects or enemies in the way of the player. But the real problem is that there aren't acually many enemies at all! Let me go through WA1 in my mind. We had Thwarts, of course, and Fireflowers, and...... what else? Scritters? I can't think of anything at all!!
Chompers and their many counterparts, Z-bots, retro monsters, aliens, etc. I think that's something to work with.

@ FinnThor: Everyone likes the idea of this. I'm just hoping we don't run into any copyright issues.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:27 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Chompers and their many counterparts, Z-bots, retro monsters, aliens, etc. I think that's something to work with.
Oh yes, I forgot about Chompers. Having not played WA2 or 3 I didn't know about those. Still, RTW has many more enemies available, Coilys, Kabooms, Z-Bots, Chompers, UFOs, cannons & push cannons, Shadow Stinkers, etc.

About copyright issues: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97826#97826
Some more copyright related discussion is in my Wonderland GB thread: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26977
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:52 am

Oops! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I posted the same thing twice. :lol:

Please look below this post to see my other post. :P
Last edited by FinnThor on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese!

FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:52 am

cloudrac3r wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Chompers and their many counterparts, Z-bots, retro monsters, aliens, etc. I think that's something to work with.
Oh yes, I forgot about Chompers. Having not played WA2 or 3 I didn't know about those. Still, RTW has many more enemies available, Coilys, Kabooms, Z-Bots, Chompers, UFOs, cannons & push cannons, Shadow Stinkers, etc.
But there are Chompers in WA1...

I'm thinking that multiplayer could have two different modes: A Co-Op RTW mode where you work together with a friend to get to the star, or, for the WA Trilogy, A Battle Mode, where you Battle it out (against another Stinker) using Magic and the enviroment around you! The Co-op mode would use the normal RTW enemies, but will always have two-three main characters to play as, and there would be about 15 levels to play together! For the WA Battle Mode, There would be 10 different Battle arenas, each with its own difficulty, magic, enemies, enviroment, and advantages and disadvantages! Here's a twist I came up for the 10th battle arena. It's in the void, and all there's are retro enemies! There'd be coilys and Z-Bot Class 001s and a ton of retro enemies appearing at random times!

Now, You'll have to unlock these levels/battle arenas. How do you do that? It's simple. After you've played (and completed it for RTW) the battle arena/level, it'll unlock the next level. :D

We could also use custom content and textures that people on the forum have made. It could be used for many things!
Cheese!

tooncool64
Rainbow Keeper

Post by tooncool64 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:40 am

I would love to see this happen.
Currently playing WSW.

"Please wait, we are loading the game."
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:54 pm

The only way I've ever thought about Wonderland multiplayer was Portal 2-like co-op mode. Flo puzzles could be amazing.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi