zbot voice effect?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Caton
Rainbow Master

zbot voice effect?

Post by Caton » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:40 pm

I'm sorry if I ask this before but I would like to make zbot custom voices for wa3e what effect did ms use?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:41 am

Caton, you've made 3 threads now about sounds. One for the beach, one for the meteor, and now the zbot voices. Please keep questions like this all in one place instead of making new threads for each question.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:16 am

jdl wrote:Please keep questions like this all in one place instead of making new threads for each question.
That already happened.
Caton
Rainbow Master

Post by Caton » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:46 am

I'm just asking what effect was used to make zbot voices for potz
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Re: zbot voice effect?

Post by cloudrac3r » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:02 am

Caton wrote:I'm sorry if I ask this before but I would like to make zbot custom voices for wa3e what effect did ms use?
I have no clue either which effect he used, or what the voices sound like. (Haven't got WA3 yet.)
But I can tell you that the free (both price and freedom) multiplatform program Audacity can do literally anything with sound. You'll be able to find a ton of things in there for changing pitch, speed, volume, drawing waveforms, generating noise, distorting sound, and I believe you can download more tools from the internet, though I haven't tried. Of course, it's a lot easier to edit the sound if you speak in the kind of voice you want to get out. That way, it's easier to edit.
To demonstrate, here's something funny/random I made with Audacity: cloudrac3r.ddns.net/data/well.wav
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:24 pm

myuacc1studios wrote:That already happened.
Ah, yes, I've forgotten about that thread since it's almost a year old now. :oops:
Caton wrote:I'm just asking what effect was used to make zbot voices for potz
I understand that, but the only one who can answer that question is Patrick. We have no idea about what he used for anything like that. All we can do is give you suggestions on how to make your own robot voices using a method that is probably different than Patrick's, such as Audacity.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.