The Future of "Classic" Wonderland

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

TimeTopic

The Future of "Classic" Wonderland

Post by TimeTopic » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Don't get me wrong, the WA games are great and all, I just wonder if MS will one day consider a 4th installment in the original Wonderland style with new and old characters, physics and maybe a deep plot that continues from RTW... I would enjoy it, but seeing as A: It's been quite some time since their last game and B: The engine used to make the original trilogy might be discontinued or something, it might not happen if at all. Though it would be appriciated. Also on a side note, could we get the Wonderland games put on consoles? I would love playing Wonderland for consoles or even handhelds. One last thing, can someone let me know if this topic is too revelant to another? I don't want to be repetitive as this is my first topic on this board.

Thanks for reading this long message btw. :D
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: The Future of "Classic" Wonderland

Post by FinnThor » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:12 am

TimeTopic wrote:Don't get me wrong, the WA games are great and all, I just wonder if MS will one day consider a 4th installment in the original Wonderland style with new and old characters, physics and maybe a deep plot that continues from RTW... I would enjoy it, but seeing as A: It's been quite some time since their last game and B: The engine used to make the original trilogy might be discontinued or something, it might not happen if at all. Though it would be appriciated. Also on a side note, could we get the Wonderland games put on consoles? I would love playing Wonderland for consoles or even handhelds. One last thing, can someone let me know if this topic is too revelant to another? I don't want to be repetitive as this is my first topic on this board.
Well, first off, welcome to the forums!

I am FinnThor, but you can call me Cheese! :)

The original trilogy of Wonderland was pretty good, along with some of its unique mechanics, but I feel like most people from both the past and the present (right now) prefer the WA trilogy over classic, even though there are still people that enjoy that area. I tend to be one of those folks that play both the WA trilogy levels and RTW levels. I don't think Wonderland would come to consoles, but it'd be amazing if it was ported to mobile devices.

I don't think this topic is too relevant to a different topic.
TimeTopic wrote:Thanks for reading this long message btw. :D
Oh, this is nothing compared to some of Qloof234's posts. He's made posts about 7-8 times larger than the post you and I just made combined. He really does know how to give "lectures".

I need to learn how to make lectures like he does... :lol:
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
TimeTopic

Thanks Cheese!

Post by TimeTopic » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:19 am

Now that I think about it, there was a Gameboy version of Wonderland that I think was German exclusive? I wonder why they decided to only make it for the Gameboy... you'd think MS would put Wonderland on multiple consoles if that was the case.... Oh well, I do like the mobile Wonderland idea though. :)
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: Thanks Cheese!

Post by FinnThor » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:57 am

TimeTopic wrote:Now that I think about it, there was a Gameboy version of Wonderland that I think was German exclusive? I wonder why they decided to only make it for the Gameboy... you'd think MS would put Wonderland on multiple consoles if that was the case.... Oh well, I do like the mobile Wonderland idea though. :)
No, that can't be the Wonderland we're talking about, it's only on the PC, unless you're talking about cloudrac3r's Wonderland Gameboy remake, which is not finished. There's no way Wonderland would reach consoles, we'd be lucky enough to get it ported to mobile devices.
Cheese!

TimeTopic

Maybe I just thought wrong

Post by TimeTopic » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:47 am

Either way, does he have the rights to make Wonderland on the Gameboy? Like, did Patrick give him the 'Okay to go along with the project?
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: Maybe I just thought wrong

Post by FinnThor » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:35 am

TimeTopic wrote:Either way, does he have the rights to make Wonderland on the Gameboy? Like, did Patrick give him the 'Okay to go along with the project?
It's a fangame. I forgot to mention that. That's my bad. :lol: :oops:
Cheese!

Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:04 pm

An interesting idea, but I do not think it would turn out well. Wonderland does not look like a console game (maybe RTW looks a little bit, but WA definitely not) PC version is enough (that's my opinion).

Also, welcome to the forum :D
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:15 am

I remember Patrick mentioning in a newsletter from a year or two before PotZ's release that he had an idea for a Wonderland game in the future called 'Wonderland Academy'. Ever since I saw it a week or two ago I've been really heavily pondering what it could or could've been.
TimeTopic

Wonderland Academy

Post by TimeTopic » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Hmm, Wonderland Academy, sounds like an interesting idea... Though it's been awhile since he's put out a new update. I'm aware that WA PoTZ took about 5 years to create though I wish he would update us more often, not to presure him and not just on Wonderland that's his choice. Either way, I'm sure that Patrick has great plans for the future of MS. :D Also thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! :P
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Re: opps

Post by FinnThor » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:17 pm

TimeTopic wrote:Can someone delete the 2nd copy of that post? I accendentally sent it twice... Whoops... :?
You can delete posts in some subforums, but not in here. If you're in one of the subforums where you can't delete your post, just edit it to say "Deleted due to Double-Post", or something like that.
Cheese!

Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Re: Wonderland Academy

Post by Oats » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 am

TimeTopic wrote:thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! :P
No problem, enjoy your stay, despite it being rather quiet around here noawadays :)
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: The Future of "Classic" Wonderland

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:25 pm

TimeTopic wrote:Don't get me wrong, the WA games are great and all, I just wonder if MS will one day consider a 4th installment in the original Wonderland style with new and old characters, physics and maybe a deep plot that continues from RTW... I would enjoy it, but seeing as A: It's been quite some time since their last game and B: The engine used to make the original trilogy might be discontinued or something, it might not happen if at all. Though it would be appriciated. Also on a side note, could we get the Wonderland games put on consoles? I would love playing Wonderland for consoles or even handhelds. One last thing, can someone let me know if this topic is too revelant to another? I don't want to be repetitive as this is my first topic on this board.

Thanks for reading this long message btw. :D
I like this idea. Also, personally, I think the Wonderland series is a PERFECT fit for the Nintendo Switch, but that is just my opinion. Also, to answer your other post, there was something in one of the Midnight Posts (I don't remember which one) about a Germany-exclusive SEGA GENESIS/MEGADRIVE port of the original Wonderland, but not GameBoy.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:41 pm

There was never a Genesis port of the game. There was a german retail version, but it was also for PCs.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Oh. I must have remembered incorrectly. Sorry!
Oats
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Oats » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:There was never a Genesis port of the game. There was a german retail version, but it was also for PCs.
Oh hey, good to see you again!
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:There was never a Genesis port of the game. There was a german retail version, but it was also for PCs.
A German retail version? When did this happen? This is one of those things not many people know/care about, so it'd be good to have some root information if somebody wanted to look into this a bit more.
Cheese!

cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:18 am

FinnThor wrote:...unless you're talking about cloudrac3r's Wonderland Gameboy remake...
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:21 am

cloudrac3r wrote:
FinnThor wrote:...unless you're talking about cloudrac3r's Wonderland Gameboy remake...
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED
oh

I HAVE NEARLY COMPLETED THE MYTHICAL SUMMONING RITUAL! ALL I NEED NOW IS A SACRIFICE. SOME PUNY MORTALS WILL DO JUST FINE. ALL HAIL THE MYTHICAL cloudrac3r!

...But (I'm assuming) the WA GB remake will never be completed...:(
Cheese!

Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:21 am

FinnThor wrote: ...But (I'm assuming) the WA GB remake will never be completed...:(
Do not talk like that. Maybe it looks like that but might that's not true...
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:36 pm

FinnThor wrote:
A German retail version? When did this happen? This is one of those things not many people know/care about, so it'd be good to have some root information if somebody wanted to look into this a bit more.
Here's the link with some info: http://midnightsynergy.com/international.htm

This all happened about 15 years ago, we were working with a publisher that put several of our games into the (budget) retail market. I didn't go very far, though.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:39 pm

FinnThor wrote:...But (I'm assuming) the WA GB remake will never be completed...
It will never be completed until I manage to create a LOT more free time in my life (unlikely), which is really why I'm asking that someone else with more time and dedication takes over the project. If I can find my previous resources like textures, tools and code (lost main copy to hard drive wipe), I'll happily hand them over.

This is getting kinda off-topic.
Triple-0 67
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Triple-0 67 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:40 pm

There IS a 4th classic wonderland game. One on the PC that uses the same engine, similar mechanics, and is even made by Midnight Synergy that released the same year as Secret Worlds. The reason no one seems to have heard about it is that Midnight Synergy doesn't feature it on its website. It's shorter and easier than any of the other Wonderland games, as it's a Spongebob licensed title called 'Spongebob Squarepants Krabby Quest'. Personally, I think it's the worst of the quadrilogy.
robnjake

Post by robnjake » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 am

Haha, yeah. I guess technically KQ is wonderland 4. it has a lot of new elements and enemies in it that SW and RTW didn't.