Could the Wonderland Games become "popular"?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Could the Wonderland Games become "popular"?

Post by Airie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:56 pm

I know it's basically impossible but I want to know everybody's opinions on the matter.
Would it becoming popular be a good thing?
Would it stay popular?
Would it inspire others to make similar games?

I don't believe it would actually happen but I just want to know what everyone thinks would happen if it did

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts!

EDIT-after many edits I realized I just had to shorten the title. thanks for your help!
Last edited by Airie on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:57 pm

oh no i messed up the title :( :( :(
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:19 pm

It's possible to edit the title. Just click on the edit button on the first post and the black box next to "Subject". :wink:
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Airie wrote:oh no i messed up the title :( :( :(
Use the edit function and edit the post subject. :wink:

As for your questions, I honestly have no idea what to think.

I don't think similar games would be made.

If there's another Wonderland game, it'd stay popular for many more years.

If it became popular, I have no idea if it'd be good or bad.

Edit: Darn it Phoenix, you posted while I was posting. :evil:
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 pm

It can be popular again if Midnight Synergy makes a new Wonderland game or maybe not, I don't know...

I think that's a good thing, the more popular game, the more people will be active here :D

As well as all other games, it would be less popular after while time :|

Of course! All of us here on the forum make our versions of this game :wink:

This is just my opinion...
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Thanks for your opinions! it's nice to know that people still enjoy a lesser known game series that has been around for so long. if only more people knew about it...
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 pm

I still enjoy playing the Wonderland games from time to time. If another game came out, that would certainly get this community much more involved and active.
Will the games reach the general public and become slightly well known? I seriously doubt it, but that's okay.
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:00 pm

Maybe WE can make it popular again? Who says we have to wait for MS? Maybe we can make our own 4th Installment. Of course we wouldn't sell it, but It would be a fan game to bring closure to the series, finally filling in the blanks to answers we never got, like, "Why is Loopy so Loopy", or "Will the Z-Bot from the end of POTZ be evil?" c'mon guys. I believe in us.
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Ummm... I doubt anyone would find the motivation to do that, much less with other people. Besides, MS would probably shoot down the idea anyway, because he probably already has ideas of his own that he'll reveal to us later. People have been talking about that if MS made a new game, older, more experienced people would return, but that's not us.

What about your hub, anyway? There doesn't seem to be much progress on it. You should probably finish that before trying to make an entirely new wonderland game, be it a 4th WA installment or a completely new engine. :?

I'm sorry for the salt, but you start a lot of projects you don't finish.
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:26 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:I'm sorry for the salt, but you start a lot of projects you don't finish.
It's never too late for that :wink:
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Don't encourage him...
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:14 am

Okay you know what? Bring on the salt, because screw logic, and screw me. I don't care if anyone is going to team up with me. Honestly, my hubs were pure s#^$, but hey, I honestly had no idea what I was doing. But now, after my year of silence, I spent it studying, using various tutorials... and now I think with some help, I can make a flawless hub. But alone, I can't. If anyone wants to help, let me know.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 am

And then there was slience.
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:54 pm

-Still Silent-
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:27 pm

StinkyFTW wrote:Okay you know what? Bring on the salt, because screw logic, and screw me. I don't care if anyone is going to team up with me. Honestly, my hubs were pure s#^$, but hey, I honestly had no idea what I was doing. But now, after my year of silence, I spent it studying, using various tutorials... and now I think with some help, I can make a flawless hub. But alone, I can't. If anyone wants to help, let me know.
That's nice but most of us already making their own hubs or other things.
I am making my hub and CvP with Finn. I do not have time to do another project, sorry...
But I am glad because you are back :D
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:26 pm

That does sound like a very interesting idea, however, i think everyone is right. Everyone is making their own little things and wouldn't be able to make time for it. Those that would be able to contribute would probably not be very active or would be inexperienced(me).

While I was writing this though, I did think of an idea. It is slightly far-fetched, but I'm just throwing it out there.

What if sometime in the future, each person that still uses the board would make a level each. It wouldn't have to be amazing, it would just be a collection of levels that show what the board has to offer. Then they would all be combined into a sort of hub except its only purpose is to join all the levels together.
(It's just an idea I don't expect it to happen)
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Airie wrote:That does sound like a very interesting idea, however, i think everyone is right. Everyone is making their own little things and wouldn't be able to make time for it. Those that would be able to contribute would probably not be very active or would be inexperienced(me).

While I was writing this though, I did think of an idea. It is slightly far-fetched, but I'm just throwing it out there.

What if sometime in the future, each person that still uses the board would make a level each. It wouldn't have to be amazing, it would just be a collection of levels that show what the board has to offer. Then they would all be combined into a sort of hub except its only purpose is to join all the levels together.
(It's just an idea I don't expect it to happen)
That sounds good, but...
It's hard to organize something like that...
I have no problem to create some adventures for someone's hub but I don't want to start new project, unless...
-It's not a big project
-All of us should take part in it
If each of us makes a couple of levels, we have one good hub for a little while.
Now questions are how will organize it and who will volunteer...
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:17 pm

I'll volunteer! :D
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:58 pm

We can Call it WA; Community Creations! Boom! I could put the whole hub together with our levels in it. We can range them from fun to challenging! Maybe then we can bring back some old timers.

EDIT; Does ANYONE know how to get the WA Editor Working in Windows 10 Creators? I keep getting this error, and this never happened before creators update; The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application. If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by StinkyFTW on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:03 pm

If this is a thing that everyone is going to do then we should make a new topic for it.
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm

StinkyFTW wrote:We can Call it WA; Community Creations! Boom! I could put the whole hub together with our levels in it. We can range them from fun to challenging! Maybe then we can bring back some old timers.
If you have ideas for hub a good story I have nothing against :D
Or we can all together think the story:
StinkyFTW wrote:Will the Z-Bot from the end of POTZ be evil?
That sounds like good idea :D
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Yoda wrote:That sounds good, but...
I have no problem to create some adventures for someone's hub but I don't want to start new project, unless...
-It's not a big project
If each of us makes a couple of levels, we have one good hub for a little while.
I guess I'll go ahead and organize it, (if that's fine with people) as I feel that I'm doing VERY well with CC. Obviously it's not going to be a super-huge hub, but I'd say about 20-25 adventures sounds good.

However, I need to know who wants to volunteer. (If anyone does.)
StinkyFTW wrote:We can Call it WA; Community Creations!
ummmmm

Edit: GAH YODA YOU POSTED WHILE I WAS TRYING TO

EDIT2: AND AIRIE POSTED WHILE I WAS EDITING MY POST
Last edited by FinnThor on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cheese!

Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Ill make a new topic for it now
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:12 pm

Oh, but did you re-read my edited post? Quote o Quote "EDIT; Does ANYONE know how to get the WA Editor Working in Windows 10 Creators? I keep getting this error, and this never happened before creators update; The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application. If someone could help, I'd appreciate it."
Last edited by StinkyFTW on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:13 pm

StinkyFTW wrote:EDIT; Does ANYONE know how to get the WA Editor Working in Windows 10 Creators? I keep getting this error, and this never happened before creators update; The Application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application. If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.
It works just fine for me. :?
Cheese!

StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 pm

We might be the last four members who can bring back the forum. I'm also going to send you all a secret in a PM. As a way of saying thanks.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Hey, maybe we should all pitch in on the hub creation; it'd be fairer and add to the community aspect. :wink: Everyone could make their own wlv, and we'd stitch them together.

I always wanted to know what the other worlds mentioned in POTZ were like. Also, in POTZ, the Class 001 Z-Bots said "their circuitry was too simple for complex programming", meaning they couldn't have been evil even if they wanted to.
Yoda
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Yoda » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:16 pm

FinnThor wrote:
Yoda wrote:That sounds good, but...
-It's not a big project
I guess I'll go ahead and organize it, (if that's fine with people) as I feel that I'm doing VERY well with CC. Obviously it's not going to be a super-huge hub, but I'd say about 20-25 adventures sounds good.

However, I need to know who wants to volunteer. (If anyone does.)
StinkyFTW wrote:We can Call it WA; Community Creations!
ummmmm

Edit: GAH YODA YOU POSTED WHILE I WAS TRYING TO

EDIT2: AND AIRIE POSTED WHILE I WAS EDITING MY POST
That's right, you are VERY good with CC and you are VERY good in forgetting them :lol:
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:I always wanted to know what the other worlds mentioned in POTZ were like.
What about the world that was scrapped completely, Glop?
Midnight Post Issue 25, Page 4 wrote:Were there any scrapped elements from WA3?

Yes, plenty! With the long development cycle, ideas kept popping up month after month. Eventually, we just had to stop implementing them, or else development could have gone on forever. There were preliminary designs for giant lumbering ice crabs on Qwertyx (big enough for you to run underneath), an entire world called “Glop” (a yucky place full of red ooze and muck), and colour coded rainbow tiles (with a very devious puzzle pattern).
Cheese!

Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Topic made. We can discuss it there.