Paging Patrick .... message for Mr. Synergy

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Paging Patrick .... message for Mr. Synergy

Post by Bearsland » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:16 am

Patrick,

Is there any chance of enabling Private Messages on the board :?: Please :?: :?:

I know I'm not the only one wanting this.

~Old Bear

PS. Are you aware the Memberlist is viewable by guests visiting the board? There are members there whose e-mail addresses are visible. Is it possible to have this available to logged in members only please? :)
Last edited by Bearsland on Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:21 am

Yes, please! :)
Majicaleetarina
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:48 am

I've enabled pm's. The original thought behind disabling them was to allow for maximum user involvement on the boards. We'll try how it goes with message enabled.

Can't hide e-mail addresses from guests, though. You can remove your own e-mail from your profile if you wish.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:03 am

Thanks Midnight Synergy! I think there will be lots less petty conversations & waste of space this way - hopefully, this will work out better - we've had several posts lately that would've been dealt with better in a PM! Thanks again! :D
Majicaleetarina
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:00 am

Okay, now I need help - the dumb bunny that I am (well, it IS close to Easter after all!) - I sent myself a "test" message. Nothing happens - this is not working like Outlook where I can send myself a test message?? - Or, MOST likely, I'm doing something wrong! HELP!
Majicaleetarina
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Sun Mar 07, 2004 4:02 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote:I've enabled pm's. The original thought behind disabling them was to allow for maximum user involvement on the boards. We'll try how it goes with message enabled.

Can't hide e-mail addresses from guests, though. You can remove your own e-mail from your profile if you wish.
Many thanks for this Patrick. I had guessed that it was to encourage full member involvement, but there are times when PMs can be very handy, one of the reasons being that stated by majic1.

Keep up the great work. :D

~OB