just a question

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

dandy

just a question

Post by dandy » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:13 pm

Hi everyone,
This may seem a strange question but I recently purchased Return to Wonderland after enjoying the first Wonderland and I find that after playing about an hour I start to get a headache and then actually feel sick in my stomach. The first game didn;t do that to me.
Could it be the bright colours?
Has this happened to anyone else?
Appreciate your replies.
Dandy
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:41 pm

Hi dandy,

I would think that you would have had the same response from playing Wonderland as the movements and graphics are the same.
You can turn down the brightness on your monitor..... that might be giving you a headache, which could lead to nausea.

When I first played Doom II, I felt nauseous after 20 minutes of play, as I had never played a game like that with a 3D engine, but I finally got over it. I loved that game...of course I always played in "God mode" so I never got killed. I just liked collecting the clues and completing the levels.

Someone else may have an explanation to help you better than mine.

Ol'gramma
Carolyn
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:12 am

Dandy, I've played both Wonderland and Return to Wonderland and have not had that problem. With both games, I've had the view kind of waver momentarily. If that happened a lot, I could see how that could make one sick to their stomach. Gramma's suggestion of turning down the brightness sounds good, worth a try.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:29 am

I REALLY don't think this has anything to do with Wonderland. If that was the case, we would've heard about it a LLLLLLLLLLOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGG time ago!!!!! Not to mention, if this WAS the problem, you would've experienced it in Wonderland, not just RTW - the graphics look pretty much the same to me! I think something else is going on that has NOTHING to do with Wonderland -- Sorry - that's just my opinion! !
Majicaleetarina
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:27 am

Could it be something to do with the version of DirectX you need for each game?

If you need a more recent version for RTW and you don't have that version it could make the game a bit shaky. You could try downloading the latest version and see if it makes a difference :D
Pauline