Fun Ideas

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:23 pm

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm

What YOU call the character, at least. I think the new Stinker should be named Bagel. :twisted:
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:10 pm

You sure love your bagels! :lol:

"Bagel the stinker." :lol:
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:18 pm

"Bagel the CHOMPER!"
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Bagel the stinky chomper.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:43 pm

That gives me an idea. Why not play as a Chomper and try to bite Stinky and the gang? :twisted:
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 pm

That could be for a bonus round or someting. You have to dodge cannon and UFO fire and the UFO's fire at you even though you're a chomper.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Or a different game, and the stinkers will have artificial intelligence. :twisted:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:18 pm

And the Stinkers push boulders and stuff at you to try to kill you. You have to dodge all of the obstacles and bite every Stinker in each level. :twisted:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:24 pm

And don't forget stinkers standing between you and UFO's then moving.

And if they can't kill you, they trap you.

And if they can't trap you, they RUN AWAY!!! :twisted:
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:14 pm

But wait. To complete a level in the trilogy, you have to collect all Rainbow Coins. (Keys for WSW) There can be as many as many as 9799 Rainbow Coins/Keys (I did the math) in a level, but there are only FOUR heroes. Unless you also try to chomp the shadows as well. :?
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by billy bob » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Actually, its still harder. Seeming as you are always controlling one
character at a time, so you would have to spend the same amount of time.

Also if you had to have a character in a certain place to make the level
possible and it wasn't their, then the level wouldn't be like that, seeming
as it would be edited due to the level being impossible.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 pm

Oh, and there's the fact that Chompers move at about two-thirds the speed Stinky and the gang do. :?
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Yes, but that's when you are a stinker.

When you are a chomper you can be fast if you want.

And besides, hat will make it harder, so that you have to 'trick' or 'trap' the stinkers.
lynx204
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by lynx204 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:36 am

lynx204 wrote: :arrow: Being able to walk underwater.
Well I got that idea from Boppelist's WA game:
Hey from SK!!! :stinkylol:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm not trying to be rude, but walking underwater in RTW is like walking through non-fake walls in WA.

How about some device so one stinker can teleport another? :o
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:That gives me an idea. Why not play as a Chomper and try to bite Stinky and the gang? :twisted:
You can make a game like that in Game Maker, I think. Your player is a chomper, which you can set the speed to whatever, and Make him have to run into the all the Stinkers to complete the Level, or deactivate the gate to the Exit. I'm not good with Game Maker, so I can't do it myself.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:46 pm

LittleZbot wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:That gives me an idea. Why not play as a Chomper and try to bite Stinky and the gang? :twisted:
You can make a game like that in Game Maker, I think. Your player is a chomper, which you can set the speed to whatever, and Make him have to run into the all the Stinkers to complete the Level, or deactivate the gate to the Exit. I'm not good with Game Maker, so I can't do it myself.
I would be able to do that, but I have Boxinator on my head right now. :P
paulm12
Rainbow Keeper

Post by paulm12 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:21 am

Here Are Some Of My Ideas: I love all 5 of the games the way they are, but its always fun to imagine what else can be done.

1. Two colored Sticky Cubes (Pink AND green) Pink only sticks to pink, green only to green. A pink and a green will not stick

2. An ominous cube: Eats up whatever it runs into, (except for The Stinkers of course). Including walls.

3. Magnets-minus and plus ones. two +'s repel, and 2 -'s also causing it to run back into you, different poles attract, and you can push them in a line, and if one is on a wall and your still pushing it, they become detached.

4.Character-Enabled Buttons, Exits, Coins, And Boxes. On whatever it is, there is a face of the character who can move, push, activate, etc on it. All other characters cannot. If there is a character with a slash through it, all other characters but that one can activate, push, etc it. If there was a level with Stinky Loof And Peegue (S,L,and P for short) The character would, if placed, use his/her own exit.

5. Magnet Floors-A steel box placed on one cannot move until the switch is activated and the current is ended. Furthermore, using a magnet could attract or repel the box from it, allowing you to use it.

6. Frozen Exit-Basically, this is an exit that you push around until it is thawed by a keg, fireball, or scourge.

7. Electrical Currents-Need to be finished by something metal-Steel Boxes, whatever, usually 3 spaces long. Once the circuit is closed, coming in contact with one of the components will electrify you.

8.Hypnosis-a character at the start of a level may be hypnotized, meaning they will move exactly like a chomper, and if they touch you, you have to restart. Wake them up with cannon fire, however it they do anything besides that which would normally hurt you, (e.g. you leading them into spikes) you will have to restart the level. You can also lead them into an exit.

9.Mercury-Coming in contact with a mercury blob will cause the stinker to become steel. While "ironed" you can push the stinker (who will be mobilized) around to close circuits and do other stuff such as block an enemy or avoid cannon fire. This either lasts a set amount of turns ,displayed at the top of the screen, or for the rest of the level, so you would have to, in that case, push them into the exit.

10. Rotating Room-This 3X3 room can rotate in 90 degree increments via switches, re-arranging the boxes and stuff

This is my favorite...

11.Undo Feature. While making a super-hard level, in the editor you could be able so apply an undo feature, so a player can have more leeway in that fact of messing up. The undo feature lasts either a specific number or unlimited # of uses. Also, Checkpoints would be nice. Maybe even an indicator notifying you if the level is no longer completable could help less-experienced players. I dunno.

Oh I forgot 12. You know how levels are timed? Well, what about instead of that, you have a certain amount of moves, so you could take more time to plan it out. The lowest number of moves possible is displayed along with how many you have left. (Undo's would count as moves)
If you're reading this, you've officially finished the actual post and are just reading my pointless sig.
Paul Mayer
speegled
Rainbow Master

Post by speegled » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:13 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:What YOU call the character, at least. I think the new Stinker should be named Bagel. :twisted:
You are obsessed with bagels and toast!
TRY THIS COOL FORUM.

http://hoomdoom.forumotion.com/
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:49 pm

tyteen again :P
tyteen4a03 wrote:@Emerald141: There are already too many Stinker names to choose from in WA and WA:MOFI!
@paulm12:

2. An ominous cube: Eats up whatever it runs into, (except for The Stinkers of course). Including walls.
Will they eat the edge to the other areas as well? XD

6. Frozen Exit-Basically, this is an exit that you push around until it is thawed by a keg, fireball, or scourge.
How about throwing inside water or lava so that they can be reached by transposters?

Oh I forgot 12. You know how levels are timed? Well, what about instead of that, you have a certain amount of moves, so you could take more time to plan it out. The lowest number of moves possible is displayed along with how many you have left. (Undo's would count as moves)
Not really. There are multiple ways to solve a puzzle,and some ways may require more moves and the level maker may not have noticed that.

Oh and BTW,I think the next Stinker should be named The Loldiot!
dlcs18
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:40 pm

12 is good, tyteen's argument is like saying:

"The level doesn't have to be a challenge"
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:36 pm

If you can play as a chomper, can you switch between other chompers? Like with one chomper being red and another being gold? How about if you chomp the wrong character, you explode? :twisted:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:55 pm

That would be pretty hard if you are a Gold Chomper and there are 1,000's of Stinky's running around and 1 Loof! :P
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:18 pm

I thought there could only be ONE Stinky. Otherwise...

MEMORY ACCESS VIOLATION! :P :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:26 pm

There's always ghost Stinkys! :twisted:

I'm going to make some ghost Stinkys. :twisted:
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:12 pm

What about Green and Blue Chompers? It would be fun to play as one! :twisted:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 am

...Switching between Red Chomper and the gang. :P
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:33 am

Nobody wrote:tyteen's argument is like saying:

"The level doesn't have to be a challenge"
I'm officially insane, I'm using Phoenix Wright bubbles at times like this :lol:

I won't argue that #12 is a good idea, but what tyteen is saying is not that the level doesn't have to be a challenge.

For instance - If you made a level and figured out what the lowest possible amount of steps was using your intended solution, the game would save that as the lowest amount of steps. However, if there is a secondary way to finish the level that the creator did not intend to put in and it uses less steps, then the so-called "shortest" solution is no longer the shortest, albeit it is the intended solution.

Ergo, what tyteen is saying is that the shortest solution might not, in fact, be the shortest way to finish the level, not that it doesn't have to be a challenge. :wink:

... I think I'm going to go hide now. *runs*