Another Chain Level Idea

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Another Chain Level Idea

Post by ol'gramma » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:17 pm

I am going to throw my idea out and see what you all think.
Please give your thoughts and opinions.

The chain levels we have been making have ended up being huge, because 5 people can make what turns out to be full sized small puzzles. By the time you get to the 5th puzzle, it is so far back to start over again when you make a mistake, or some unforeseen beastie gets you, that the fun is diminished and you end up repositioning Stinky and Loof in the editor to complete the level.

What about setting a size limit for the finished puzzle? Each person will get x number of squares that must be connected to each other, and use the note to designate the start/stop square. Trees that hide any part of your neighbors section would be chainsawed immediately :lol: :lol:
Your thoughts, would this work, would this be... more/too much..... of a challenge?
Maybe this kind of chain could have a different name, so you could do both kinds.

Ol'gramma
Carolyn
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:43 pm

There has been one chain level that was only 14 x 14 and I think it worked very well, but I think if you knew you only had a certain amount of squares it might make it more difficult. The first bit would be fine, but the next one would have to make sure their's fit in with the last one, and it would get harder with each new bit.

Personally, I prefer huge levels but whatever the size I think it's better to start with the last bit and work forward, that way you can always finish.

I would like to see a chain level that didn't have a set number of parts, and that could keep being added to as the fancy took you. This might work better with the new update when there will be more of everything to play with.

Anyway, it would certainly be worth a try :D
Pauline