How's it coming along, Patrick?

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

popo
Rainbow AllStar

How's it coming along, Patrick?

Post by popo » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:24 am

Just wondering how it's going with the new game.

Has it tested ok? :D

Have you got a date for release yet? :D

Can I get a discount? :wink: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Re: How's it coming along, Patrick?

Post by Davimad » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:46 am

popo wrote:Can I get a discount? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, the 'old hands' should get a discount! :wink:

And Patrick said "+*&^$%*%*" or words to that effect! :P

M.A.D. :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one M.A.D.!
SharonM
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:44 pm

Don`t we all get a discount :?: :?: :?: :?: :lol:

I can hardly wait for the new game, hurry hurry :!: :!: :!:

Inger
:lol: :lol:
Misteroo
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Misteroo » Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:47 pm

yeah... as u remember, in the post "it's a mystery", midnight synergy said the game woulf be much more cheaper than $20. I CALL THAT A DISCOUNT! :D :D
Misteroo...
:D :D
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:28 pm

A quick conversion for you;

$15.00 = £8.00

Today I went to KFC, and I bought a 3 piece meal with an extra large fries order, and it cost about £5.00

On Sunday I will pay BSKYB £15.00 to watch a 2hour 40minute wrestling show on Pay Per View.

A few days ago I went into town, I decided to get a taxi back because I can't stand waiting around for buses, the taxi meter rang at £5.50.

If I took a bus into town and back, it would cost £2.00 (1/4 of the cost of the game)

The game is too cheap! I am campaigning for a higher retail price!
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:04 am

I would have to agree with you, Zippy. I remember paying $50 to $60 some for my RPG for Super Nintendo without blinking an eye (well, maybe twitching a little) and played them several times, probably will again.....but it is the SAME GAME, SAME PUZZLES.

BUT if you think about it.....if Patrick makes TOO much money on it, he'll fly away to the Bahamas and sip Margaritas by the ocean and never even THINK of making a Wonderland 4 !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:25 am

And then there are people out there that really want this game & are trying to figure out how they can afford $14.95. Seem ridiculous? It IS a fact. So let's not campaign for a higher price - I DO believe it's worth more - however what YOU think is a good buy is NOT the same for a guy trying to support his family & would like to purchase the game but can't because its more than they can afford!!!!! Oh - let's campaign to raise the price - that'll get us some new members - NOT! (That's USA language for "this ain't gonna work, baby!")
Majicaleetarina
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:34 am

You appear to have posted in the wrong thread, this is not the ....... thread in which you owe misteroo and myself an apology.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:54 am

:?:
Majicaleetarina
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:27 am

BIGZIPZ wrote:You appear to have posted in the wrong thread, this is not the ....... thread in which you owe misteroo and myself an apology.
DON'T push your luck sonny!

For a start, YOU brought yourself into this, nobody named you!

Look through all the posts, I cannot see where you were mentioned, can you?

I asked for this to be put to bed, YOU have kept it going.

Just because a handful of people defend you, do not think for a minute
this is a majority opinion.

Now, once and for all, let this rest. MOVE ON!

Davimad.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:45 am

Thank you, Maureen - I can't figure out, for the life of me what I'm supposed to apoligize for. Guess I'm just dense. I still believe Midnignt Synery shouldn't raise their price (just yet) - we don't all have access to unlimited funds!
Majicaleetarina
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:59 am

I remember a couple of people posting on the forum a few months ago.

They couldn't afford RTW, let alone an add-on!

I'm sure the more mature mind will understand, if it's a choice of a game or feeding and clothing one's children, I KNOW which one would win!

It's pure stupidity to request a price increase anyway!

That's like saying, I'll go to the grocers today and if they charge me fifty pounds, I'll ask them to take sixty! :roll:

Yeah, sure!

BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:00 am

I believe fair price should mean a fair price for the producer not the consumer. At least in certain markets, independent software being one of them

Swings and Roundabouts.

I am happy to pay extra for my fairtrade coffee and teabags, since the people making them get paid a pittance by the big companies. I would however begrudge paying high for items in which the company producing it are making excessive profit.

I suppose in the world of Big Business, enough is never enough. Microsoft may turn over many billions of dollars a year, but recently they have been laying off staff for "cost cutting measures" Thousands of jobs are lost each year in England, at call centres for banks etc moving there jobs over to china etc, because the wages there are so small.

Perhaps the british economy is doing better than the states, which is why my conversion may have seemed alot. $15 = £8 - I cannot believe thousands of man hours are worth £8 - but hey, I guess many buys at $15 is better than less buys at $20.

It is worth pointing out though, of the £8 from the sale of the game, I reckon about 1/4 will go to the merchant seller, and god knows what goes to tax.
BIGZIPZ
Rainbow Master

Post by BIGZIPZ » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:05 am

That's like saying, I'll go to the grocers today and if they charge me fifty pounds, I'll ask them to take sixty!
This has nothing to do with that. It's about paying a fair price for something.

Check out http://www.maketradefair.com/ and see what I mean. People volunteering to pay extra for there goods, and choosing fair trade is essential to the global economy. These big supermarkets will keep pushing the prices down and down and down, to make the prices fair to consumers, and UNFAIR to the people in the fields producing it.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:15 am

I don't object to paying a fair price for goods.

As for the small business, now that IS something I'm aware of.

I own my own business, as does my husband.

We both know how hard it is to be in competition with the big guys.

Somehow, I cannot see my customers or my husbands, offering to pay more!
Maybe in an ideal world, but that's something we don't have!

Davimad.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:18 am

For God's Sakes, GIVE IT A REST! This is a nice thing Midnght Synergy is doing for us! Lighten up!
Majicaleetarina
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:01 am

I wish I'd never started this thread. It WAS only a joke, you know. :roll:
Pauline
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:31 pm

RTW Deluxe will replace the original RTW on our website (it includes all of the "Classic" games/features as well as the "Deluxe" features) and will sell for $34.95. Registered owners of the original can purchase it for $14.95.

If someone wants support us extra by paying (and can afford to pay) more, they can always just order the full version rather than at the upgrade price. I have no problem with that. ;)

Things are so tense lately - not just on this board, but also with people I interact with in general (and no, they are not all waiting for RTW deluxe). Don't know what it is... something in the air? You folks all have different personalities, which makes this place so great. It can obviously lead to tension - so everybody please take a deep breath, think of Stinky and Loof, forgive and forget, water under the bridge, group hug, don't let it bug you, don't worry be happy, that's not a moon that's a space station. No wait, that last one was wrong.

Soon, very soon. Assuming no catastrophies, it should happen in less than a week.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:44 pm

:D Thanks Patrick. And well said. I've noticed the same thing. Too much tension lately. I appreciate the special rate for us. And like everyone else, I'm on tenterhooks waiting. When you release the upgrade, that person you see jumping up and down whooping and cheering will be me. :lol:
SharonM
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:38 pm

Midnight Synergy wrote: Things are so tense lately - not just on this board, but also with people I interact with in general (and no, they are not all waiting for RTW deluxe). Don't know what it is... something in the air? You folks all have different personalities, which makes this place so great. It can obviously lead to tension - so everybody please take a deep breath, think of Stinky and Loof, forgive and forget, water under the bridge, group hug, don't let it bug you, don't worry be happy, that's not a moon that's a space station. No wait, that last one was wrong.
Thank you, Patrick! That says it all! This is a fun place for me to go to when things aren't so good, and even when they are good; let's keep it that way! I'm off to make a silly, just for fun level. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Majicaleetarina
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:45 pm

GOOD, IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU MADE SOME LEVELS MAJIC1! :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wasn't that a CRACKER???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to being.......

Misteroo
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Misteroo » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:46 pm

YEAH, we've been waiting for the deluxe version more than 3 months, one more week won't kill us of suspense!! :D :D
Misteroo...
:D :D
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:48 pm

Davimad wrote:GOOD, IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU MADE SOME LEVELS MAJIC1! :roll: :shock: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Yeah - it's 10:45 a.m., and I haven't made one yet today. I must be slipping! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Majicaleetarina
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:01 am

Normally no one bothers to look at the "World Highscores" section of the board, but today you might want to...something were added there that were not scores (well, none yet anyway)......
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:12 am

I noticed that LNS. :D Interesting, very, very interesting. :lol:
SharonM