New Level (adv) - Which Way to Christmas, Part 3

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

New Level (adv) - Which Way to Christmas, Part 3

Post by majic1 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:02 am

Peegue is on his way ..............but, Whoops! What happened?

This uses yet another new texture, 2Blue (nothing like the dark blue) and a background. I don't usually use backgrounds, but they seemed to be necessary for this series to give it the right look.......which I think is so important (but that is ME).

There are at least two ways I know of to do the beginning - maybe there are more?

And Peegue's journey to Christmasland continues.............

EDIT: Fixed - renamed background & updated level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by majic1 on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Majicaleetarina
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi majic1,

fan no.1 already posted a background called snow. For anyone who doesn't want to overwrite fan no.1's background, I have renamed your background to Snow2.

If you want a list of what textures and backgrounds that's already out there, you can look here: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9372

Best,
Mette
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
\Mette
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:23 pm

Ooooops :oops: Looks like I screwed up. I've renamed the background & edited the level.
Majicaleetarina
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:11 pm

Happens to everyone eventually :lol:
\Mette
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:50 pm

I had some serious problems with the cannon, I put it in the wrong place. :D Sorted that out and made it through!

This is really a terrific series, thanks for all your efforts bringing it to us,
bob
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Another fun addition to your Xmas series.
Finished and enjoyed them all, thanks :D
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:44 am

Oh my gosh this was fun! :lol: Finally, I figured out that cannon area! Once I sent it the wrong way and blocked myself from getting any further. :roll: I love your levels and hope you enjoy making them, as much as I enjoy playing them. :P

Beautiful texture and background girlie; you're the best!

Thanks for the Fun! :D :D :D :D
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:19 am

:D :D :D Another fine level and what a spectacular view.
Like Bob I had some trouble with the cannon but finally sawn what had to be done.
Nice ride to the exit, Thanks for the level! :D :D :D
Keeks
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level (adv) - Which Way to Christmas, Part 3

Post by Marinus » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:47 am

majic1 wrote:I don't usually use backgrounds, but they seemed to be necessary for this series to give it the right look.......which I think is so important (but that is ME).
Yes, they look nice, especially when there are a lot of empty spaces are in the level.

Fun level! I had a few restarts because of stupid moves but no big problems. Thanks! :D :D :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:02 am

Hi there, I can't do the cannon area. I'm blowing the blue sphere with the barrell then sending the cannon thru tp to blow boxes. What goes on the button up top? I have cannon where blue sphere was. Help please....
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:49 am

Oh no! We need to get you outta Xmas! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sooo......you are doing it right - just missing the last step. The cannon goes on the button after you've blown up the boxes & collected the coin; just push it down the left side and onto the ice/tramp combination.
Majicaleetarina
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:59 pm

I figured the cannon went on the button but I don't knwo how to get the cannon out of the ice circle. Here's a pic of where I'm at.

So till I finish your series I'm stuck in Xmas, me and a few elves. :lol:
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:00 am

AHA! I think I know what you're doing now. When you push the cannon through the TP, do not follow it through. Instead walk up to the ice after the cannon lands (it'll land right in the center) and enter on either side of it. Then you can go up above it and push it out of the ice area.
Majicaleetarina
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:32 am

Well DUH.... :lol:

Actually I was using the ice for Peegue to get in there with the cannon and then pushing it left...never in a million years did I think to do what you said to do. :lol:

I have now found Xmas land. This was a fun fun series of challenging levels. I found them all easy except for #5, the bubble gum cubes drove me nuts, but that turned out to be fairly easy, just took me awhile to to get them.

#6 was beautiful with it's Christmassy texture and houses. The scenery on all of these was exquisite. The travelators in some I eneded up doing several times alone. I enjoyed these Julie, thank you. And thanks so much for the help. You did a smashing job. :)
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:36 am

OMG - THANK YOU! What a wonderfule compliment! I love making levels, but I think I get more enjoyment "purdying" them up sometimes. The textures and houses, I think anyway, make such a big difference. Especiallly the texture - it can change the look and feel of a level and actualy make it a different level. A good example: Roger (rmelin) sent me a level last year. Got it done, finished it. Then he sent the same level a couple of months later with a different texture. The playability was not the same & it took me longer to figure it out. It wasn't until I finished it, that I realized it was the same level - different texture. THAT is when I knew, the texture DOES make a difference! Silly, maybe, but true. :lol:
Majicaleetarina
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Yes, I love textures myself, they can really change a level. I think a bunch of your old ones you had done some with the default textures then did the same level with a custom texture.