New level: Hm hm with Coffeetable 2

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

New level: Hm hm with Coffeetable 2

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:35 am

I wanted to release this along with April Loof's Day # 7, but that may take a few more weeks. And not many people are waiting for that, anyway.

So here's another abstract, just a teensie weensie more complex, to keep you off the streets.
. . .

. . . . .

Philosophical note: It's hard to try to be original, especially as there are sooo many Custom Levels out there, and I've played just a handful of them.

One idea I did copy and adapt from the first Lil/Keek coop level. But as there are so many ideas in that one, that's hardly a hint. Or is it..............?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:24 pm

A lot of sliding, jumping, pushing and switching to do. Especially for the last some concentration and quick fingers are needed :shock: :twisted:
Brilliant puzzle, Mahaloof, although you probably could here me shouting your name from across the border. Thanks for a fine challenge :D
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:59 am

This kept me off the streets alright, for about two hours! Lutz is right...teamwork and timing! For the longest time I couldn't see how to cover the light blue button, I took a break, had dinner and the answer came to me in the mashed potatoes :D

Another difficult level but extremely satisfying to finish successfully!

Thanks,
bob
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:17 pm

No, I haven't heard you call my name, Lutz. But then, there's shouting in my neighbourhood every day, as the local supermarket never has enough shopping karts for everyone.
However, there was a report of a minor earthquake in the east, like 2.2 on the Richter scale. Rare enough around these parts. Was that you banging your fist on the desk?

Ah Bob, I know how that works, although mashed potatoes just don't do it for me.
When attempting one of Liz' beach levels, I always stare at a plate of fish and chips for a while. It really helps.
With Coinquest I chew on some lembas and gaze at the Dutch mountains.

Now, with Lillie's levels it's kidney pie. I don't eat the #*!%, of course, just let the smell sort of come over me. The key here is total surrender, otherwise...

Kiki's endeavors work best with ein kleines Schwein, slowly roasting on a small fire. If you can, imagine flying horses with it.

Mark's levels......well, the only fitting way is to try something slightly impossible, like smoked salmon in a light strawberry sauce. Keep a bucket close at hand.

With Lutz' little scribbles I guess sauerkraut is best. Don't actually make it, as it's not in accordance with the Geneva Convention. Just a picture of it should do the trick.

And so on...... Perhaps Muzozavr can brighten up our lives with a Latvian dish? :)
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:49 pm

Mahaloof wrote:However, there was a report of a minor earthquake in the east, like 2.2 on the Richter scale. Rare enough around these parts. Was that you banging your fist on the desk?
No, must have been someone else. I always use my head for these sort of things and this will at least cause a 3.5 :mrgreen:
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:15 am

Mahaloofy - that is the funniest and craziest post I have ever read - you are so funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Still working on this stinkeroonie :shock:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:28 pm

Yea, another race completed with another gold star.

BTW, that 1-bridge under canon-fire is not really necessary, I completed the level with that bridge intact.
jblakkan
Silver Wonderlander

Post by jblakkan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Anyone still out there?

Got everything done here except the white button. Help please.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Got everything done here except the white button. Help please.
Hint: The ice box can be driven there. You need two characters, one to go left on the ice, the other to quickly push the ice-box down
jblakkan
Silver Wonderlander

Post by jblakkan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Amnon wrote: Hint: The ice box can be driven there. You need two characters, one to go left on the ice, the other to quickly push the ice-box down
Thanks for the hint, but I'm still not getting it. I have all coins collected, barrels in water, middle of 3 ice boxes down to the bottom. Do not understand how to drive ice over the white button at all. More explanation, if you please.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:46 am

I have all coins collected, barrels in water, middle of 3 ice boxes down to the bottom. Do not understand how to drive ice over the white button at all. More explanation, if you please.
You say you placed all barrels in water? well, only two of the top barrels should go in the water - if you used all 3, then you placed them at wrong spots!
jblakkan
Silver Wonderlander

Post by jblakkan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:09 am

Amnon wrote:You say you placed all barrels in water? well, only two of the top barrels should go in the water - if you used all 3, then you placed them at wrong spots!
Apparently, I am having a huge blind spot day. The hint you gave previously - one character slides left while the other pushes the ice down - is what I did to cover the cyan button. Are you saying that is also the technique for the white button? Because I don't see how to do that. And the barrels? I put them in the 3 gaps in the curvy ice over on the left that eventually leads to the white button. Clearly, I am not on the right path. From what I see that white button needs to be covered to let the last character exit.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:17 am

And the barrels? I put them in the 3 gaps in the curvy ice over on the left that eventually leads to the white button.
That's not where they should be!
From what I see that white button needs to be covered to let the last character exit.
Yes, but not via the curved ice path!
jblakkan
Silver Wonderlander

Post by jblakkan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:30 am

Oh, good grief. I see now. As usual, obvious once you unbox your brain. Thanks so much for the help.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:59 am

This is one which I could never do. I can't even make a start with those ice cubes. I'm sure I need to get one left down the ice to act as a blocker for further jumps, but I don't see how.

I admire all those who have made the journey.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:06 am

I can't even make a start with those ice cubes. I'm sure I need to get one left down the ice to act as a blocker for further jumps, but I don't see how.
Don't start with the ice-cubes: any two Stinkers can block each other instead.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:10 pm

I admire all those who have made the journey.
Me too. :D
I should have documented the solution of levels I made, but I was still quite young then and what did I know?

I took a new look at this level and I'm baffled as to how to go about it. I'll give it a go, however... :shock:

By the way, Hi Liz! :D :D

Hi Amnon, thanks for filling in for me. :D 8)
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:35 am

Hi Mahaloof!

Great to see an old friend here again. :D 8) :D Hope you'll stay and play for a while.

I quite often can't solve my old levels, and I'm almost ready to post them here to see if anyone else can do them, when suddenly the solution comes to me. I try to do walkthroughs of everything now, and I'm hoping to be able to post video solutions on YouTube if I can get it all together.

Amnon - thanks for the hint. I had a horrible feeling that might be the way, but with that cannon :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!