New Level - Bolderama: A Boulder Drama

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Alter Ego

New Level - Bolderama: A Boulder Drama

Post by Alter Ego » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:11 pm

This first level is dedicated to Kiki, the Boulder King.

Have fun! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Alter Ego on Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:52 am

:D :D :D Welcome Alter Ego! Thank you so much for this level, It is a humdinger, I think I have it cracked, But my execution of maneuvers is lacking tonight, I have made it to all rooms but the one room with the green button and the blue button room, I think I have to get to one before I get to the other, There is some very excellent puzzlers in this beauty. A very worthy challenge, I will give it a go tomorrow when my thinking and reflexes are fresh. Again thank you for this ace challenge. :D :D :D

PS- The design technique is very familiar. :lol:

Edit-I had to try it one more time, No I didn't finish but I was so close, I discovered a little evilness in this level :twisted: I also wanted to say that the jump-You know the one is genius. :shock:
I have to get some sleep now.

PS-Had all but one rainbow coin- Yep the one on the green button. :twisted:

PSS-I think I know what I have to do to get in the green button room, And that is going to be a real challenge. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Keeks
Alter Ego

Post by Alter Ego » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:26 pm

kiki wrote:Had all but one rainbow coin- Yep the one on the green button. :twisted:
Hint: Save the coin on the green button for last.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:05 pm

:D :D :D Finished it! :shock:

Thanks Alter Ego for the honor of this level, It was a puzzle of pure genius. :D

Just sorting out the start and the boulder gen and when to step on a break tile and when not to, And that coin. :shock:

The jump sequence in the white room took a bit of figuring as well, I loved the brilliance of that whole affair. :shock:

Then came the mad friggin dash to cover one button and step on two more and get to the bus stop before is was to LATE!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not to mention the fantastic jumping to get to some seemingly impossible locations. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This one had me trying some things I knew couldn't be done...But I tried them anyway :oops:

There is top notch misdirection going on here. Had me stumped so a little bird gave me a nudge out of the nest and I flew like the wind all the way to the exit and collect a well earned gold star. :D :D :D

Thank you and i hope there are more Alter Ego levels on the horizon. :D :D :D :D

I give this one "Two snaps and a circle and Two thumbs way up" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keeks
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:25 am

:D :D :D I forgot to add that you two make a great level making team, I really look forward to the next puzzler from you guys. :D :D :D
Last edited by kiki on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keeks
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:30 pm

Brilliant!

Went through it bit by bit, the jump sequence in the top right I picked up by accident when I kept moving forward and saw the result!

I assume from Kiki's comment that 'Alter Ego' is a cover name for two level-makers so I thank-you both for the adventure!
bob
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:14 am

I think we need some help on this one - I can't get past the first part :(

Thanks guys :twisted: :twisted:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

Help please

Post by poohbutton » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:26 am

I am not getting past the first part either. Start the boulder going, but know it is wrong somehow since I get stuck 8) . It has been a long while since I have been on the Wonderland track so maybe I need a nudge :wink: or kick :shock: .

Thanks a bunch,
Poohbutton
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:10 pm

Well 'pooh' you've certainly chosen one of the more difficult levels out there as your return vehicle. :lol:

It's not one of my levels but I don't think the level-makers will mind if I post some help. So here you go:
-tramp over coin and leave it
-boulder up, step on break-tile
-boulder down, step on break-tile
-boulder up
-boulder down
-boulder up
-boulder down
-boulder up, step on break-tile
-boulder down and stop above break-tile, there are false walls left and right, collect the coins in them
-boulder up and step into wall on right, when the boulder comes back push it left into the keg
-boulder up again, hide in wall, boulder left into the enclosure then follow it
-use lower ice-cube as blocker to put the boulder between the ice slide and the lower tramp
-tramp from the center, L, U, D, U get the the coin and push the ice-cube down three spaces
-now tramp, L, D, U and push the ice-cube onto the white button
-push lower ice-cube right two spots, not on the stop button yet!
-tramp L, U, D boulder goes boom!
-go back in the alley and step on the lower break-tile, push two boulders up to fill that hole
-the next part is tricky and quick, push boulder up, collect coin in front of the gen. go back into the enclosure and push the lower ice-cube onto the stop button than quickly back into the alley and step on the red button then up and step on the yellow one, now hurry down the alley and step up before the last boulder blocks your way
-push that boulder down and go get the coin on the tramp at the end of the ice slide, don't step on the break-tile
-come back and push the boulder down again and wait for the next one, push it up it will come to rest above the break-tile
-step on break-tile and push the boulder up following closely, you must now tramp all over the board landing below the keg in the lower right room
That's it for now, if you need more later let me know.
bob
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

WOW!

Post by poohbutton » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:46 am

WOW! :stinkyeek: You're not kidding! Even with the hints, I am still getting kicked in the pants! :stinkylol: Well, I guess that is why I keep coming back for more abuse. ;) Thank you so much for taking the time to post the whole thing. :stinkycool: I really appreciate it. Also, thanks to the torturous, :P I mean, loving adventurers that invented this level :stinkylol: I think we need a Stinky emoticon with a *kick pants* thingy cause I would use that one all the time :stinkyred: Anyway, thanks again. I hope I can get the hang of this one. I usually do after I die a hundred or so times.

Tootles,
Poohbutton
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:06 pm

poohbutton wrote:Thank you so much for taking the time to post the whole thing.
I'm afraid that walk-through is not the whole thing, that just gets you a little past the half-way point. :D

If you want the rest let me know.
bob
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by poohbutton » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:16 pm

:lol: I finally got "half way" and realized that. I am trying to plan the rest before moving since I am not dead right now. My Stinky is tapping his foot while I am writing you :D. He can just wait :wink: . I'll let you know if I get stuck "er" for lack of a better word. Thanks for the offer. I'll keep you in the loop.

Take care,
Sondra
aka Poohbutton
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:05 am

What a sick twisted mind designed this level - Alter Ego is indeed some mad genius professor. Never mind, Stinky won over that Ego monster, dodged the miryad traps and came out in one piece!
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

LOL!

Post by poohbutton » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 pm

I gave up and will try again some other time. I don't like dying all the time. One day I will want to attack it and never give up, but right now, NO! Maybe if SOMEONE wants to give me the rest of the hints, then I will attack it sooner, but for now, I will let sleeping Stinkys lie. :lol:

So long to Boulderama...for now,
Poohbutton
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:48 pm

The rest of the walkthrough,
-from the last line above...push the boulder up and follow closely so you get pushed back. From the break-tile the tramp sequence is U, L, D, U, D, L, D, R
-push the keg up, there's a sphere inside and another yellow sphere in the snowman bottom left, now keg down into waterhole
-walk around the lightpost and up
-push 3 boulders up, 2 for the waterhole and the third will stop above the pink button
-go up and step on the pink button and push the boulder up following closely like before, the tramp sequence is U, L, D, U, D, L, D, U
-you should land between the two tramps by the green button
-tramp up onto green, now tramp down and right
-walk over to the yellow sphere and push it into the water, push boulder up so it lands on the pink button
-don't forget the coin on the top tramp!
That's it, you're done. :D
bob
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by poohbutton » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:03 pm

:shock: OOOOOOOOK! I will try, for you Bob. Since you were so sweet to help me both times 8) I will keep you updated, since I will die, A LOT!

Thanks a bunch,
Poohbutton
janellesnip
Rainbow Wonderlander

Did it

Post by janellesnip » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Thank you, Bob Roest, for your detailed instructions. I had gotten as far as exploding the two barrels (one hidden) on my own (that is, having a boulder stop at the break tile while hiding in the wall and sending the boulder westwards) -- but then I had to visit the forum.

This is one of the best levels I played! Good work.

Janelle
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 am

Great level! I could solve it without the walkthrough, but probably not without a look in the editor.

Thanks for the fun. :)
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks for the walk through Bob! I was lost from the very begining! It still took LOTS of tries, especially the tramps! Finally made it through!! Thanks again!
poohbutton
Platinum Wonderlander

Re: New Level - Bolderama: A Boulder Drama

Post by poohbutton » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Bob,
I'm not sure if you lurk on this site anymore, but I FINALLY FINISHED IT!! I went on a long hiatus, though. :stinkylol: I just want to thank you again for writing it all down for me so I could finish it.
Take care,
Poohbutton, aka Sondra