New Level (Adv) - Batty Loof!

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

New Level (Adv) - Batty Loof!

Post by Lillie » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:48 pm

Using Lizzie's great "Battycastle" custom texture :D

Have fun - easier than the last :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:26 am

Since you're the first to post on 'Lava Loof' it's only fitting that I post first on 'Batty Loof' (we have got to think of some new titles).

Anyhoo, this was a bit of a toughie because I kept getting caught up in the red and white gates! After I learned to keep my eyes open things went smoothly!

Lots of fun as always, thanks Lil!
bob
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:04 am

:D :D :D Since I was second to post on "Lava Loof" Its only fitting that I post second on this level. :lol: :lol: :lol:

the first part I was doing all wrong, All wrong! I had one of your old levels in my mind about rolling boulders, Spent alot of time rolling balls around, And around, And around.....

i finally went in another direction and started to make some progress. Like Bob had to watch those gates, I did get nailed once, Dangy!!!

Ace level matey. And do carry on getting closer to the big 500 :D :D :D
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:24 am

Fabulous level Lillie - and not so easy! :twisted: :lol:

Took several tries just to get the first boulder bit right. :roll:
Then the next boulder room was so cleverly designed -
that took a few tries too.

Cannon section excellent.

I was having fits about how to cover that light blue button! :lol:

Ace fun! :stinkyhappy:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:00 am

Brilliant boulder fun. Got the first room with (nearly) no problems but spent a long time in the eastern part of the level. Tricky dicky and lots of fun. Thanks :D
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:08 pm

I'm not sure why you bananaheads were getting gated :shock: The cannons are supposed to keep the gates fully open at all times in my version - serves you right for cutting corners again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Batty Loof

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:06 pm

I'm a Image head too got nailed a few times with the gates as well :evil: :lol: I was also worried about covering that light blue button. Image This one was sure easier than your last one (which I'm still working on) Thanks for the fun. :D
Cathy
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:15 pm

Lillie wrote:I'm not sure why you bananaheads were getting gated :shock: The cannons are supposed to keep the gates fully open at all times in my version - serves you right for cutting corners again :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Even though I didn't get gated, the gates didn't stay open all the time. I don't know what your plan was, and I didn't think I was cutting corners.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:50 pm

The cannon should go on the yellow button - thus blasting the newly generated boxes as they hit the timers :D :D :D The reflector was spare once used :D :D :D
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:35 pm

Excellent puzzle, Miss Lillie. Very clever design & so misdirecting in parts. So glad I didn't read any of the posts first cuz I finally did something right by using the cannon on the yellow button -- & IT WAS MY OWN IDEA :!: :!: Hope we can look forward to Batty Stinky & Batty Peegue :wink: :wink:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:08 pm

The cannon should go on the yellow button - thus blasting the newly generated boxes as they hit the timers
I don't know how the other bananahead did it but I did have the cannons blowing up the boxes...there is just a milli-second delay and that allows the gates to close!

Try standing between one of them and see.
bob
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Batty Loof

Post by jcvalcar2 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:15 pm

Image yup that's what I did Image
bob roest wrote:I don't know how the other bananahead did it but I did have the cannons blowing up the boxes...there is just a milli-second delay and that allows the gates to close!

Try standing between one of them and see.
Cathy
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:24 pm

OK - sorry for calling you bananaheads (not!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just tested your theory and you are correct - a milisecond and you don't even see the flash of gate! :shock:

Carry on ......... :wink:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:47 pm

OK - sorry for calling you bananaheads (not!)
Speaking for myself and possibly Cathy and Kiki as well, I don't feel entirely satisfied with that rather lame-o apology and I think a true act of contrition is called for. Perhaps you could design a level in our honour, that would be nice and it would show that deep-inside you really do feel bad for calling us 'the b-word'. :D

Yours most sincerely,
bob
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:49 pm

You guys are funny :lol:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Batty Loof

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Image Image Image
Cathy
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:48 pm

Finally did this one. I didn't know what all the name-calling was about because I couldn't even get past the first part, let alone get to the gates in question. Finally saw my way clear today, and yes, I was caught in a gate once! Then I was horrified to see what I thought was a shortage of equipment (boulders) at the end, and was frantically trying to re-think my entire strategy when I decided to just give one a kick and voila, a second appeared. Very intriguing level Lillie!
It's a Wonderfull life
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:58 am

I almost had more fun reading the comments for this one, than actually solving it! You guys are a hoot! :D

This was brilliant! It took some time to get the timers going, and I got a little tangled up trying to move things around, but it was lots of fun to figure out!

Thanks!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:21 am

Yep I've been working on this on and off for over a year!!!

Yep forget those gates it was that row of boulders that drove me wild.

Finally got past that and got gated a few times myself. Sure wish I had come here first cuz I woulda got out on my first try if I knew what to watch for...live and learn.

This was great stuff Sass....gonna go look for that Lava Loof Bobster was talkin' about.

Was there ever a dedicated level to the Bananaheads? If so does anyone remember what it was called?
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:39 am

I saw all my old level posts that you had brought up this morning and thought "YIKES" ....... I bet I am gonna have to replay and write spoilers for all these and I won't have a clooooooo how to play them any more! :x What a pleasant surprise Fluff and thanks for playing these oldies :D
rescuefire wrote:Was there ever a dedicated level to the Bananaheads? If so does anyone remember what it was called?
I searched Bananaheads and it came up with so many threads :lol: :lol: :lol: Then I searched with me as the author and it came up with just as many! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eventually found this for ya Fluff: http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... ananaheads
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:53 pm

I remember this gem of a level and I remember that I couldn't do it.... So for poops and giggles I thought I would give it another go and this time I sailed through it. Does that mean I play wonderland too much???? LOL Anywhoo - this was Ace.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Thanks for findin' that Sass! Yer right, when searching "Bananaheads" there are a ton of levels! hehehehe

Off to go try the one you posted above now :D
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
stinky2
Rainbow Keeper

Post by stinky2 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:08 pm

nice level
Too busy with EHM2007
My record:
Atlanta Thrashers: 1 Stanley cup (4 seasons)
Detroit Red Wings: 4 Stanley cups (8 seasons)
Dallas Stars: 1 Stanley cup (2nd season in progress)
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level (Adv) - Batty Loof!

Post by Amnon » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:31 pm

Thanks for the fun!