New Level: Castricum Cottage

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

New Level: Castricum Cottage

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:47 pm

Answering a special request (mine) a variation on the Bloemendaal vending machine. This time: one of each. Good luck!

Castricum is another little village on the Dutch coast and quite popular. Come to think of it: all towns and villages in Holland are popular, as is proven by the fact that there are people living in every one of them.... :shock:

The texture is, of course, named after the famous Russian professor Cottageniopopulouskynov, who moved to Nuneaton (a lesser known area in England, notorious for its savage tribes) after WWII. Originally a professor in philosophy, after changing his name to Cottage, he found a job with Marks & Spencer right away, designing lovely textures for dresses mostly. This was his favourite.....
8)
8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:10 am

:D :D :D I love those vending machines, Took me a bit to sort out what I needed first, Finding a way to put it all were I could use it for the good was tough, Getting to that one coin was the hardest for me.

Very challenging as are all your creations, I did exit but without two of the bonus coins, I will try again after a good nights sleep. Thanks Maha. :D :D :D
Keeks
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:17 pm

What a wonderful machine Mahaloof! 8) So clever.
And the texture looks great. :D

Like Kiki, it's taken me ages to work out what should go where and in what order. And like Kiki, I've had to leave without 2 bonus coins. I can see one, and I can see where the other must be, but for the first I don't know how to make the jumps and for the second I don't have any spare equipment.

Anyway, I'm so chuffed that I've actually finished another of your levels, even though I'm missing my gold star.

Thanks for the challenge! :stinkyhappy:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:45 pm

Well done, Mahaloof!

At first it looked easy - I thought it would be like Bloemendaal, but no! it proved to require a very particular order and accurate timings.

Anyway, it took me about 3 hours and now I got another gold star.

You must have worked hard to figure the exact timing and distances.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:11 pm

When I saw the coin on the white tp I knew how I had to get there but setting it up and finding the right place for everything proved quite a challenge!

I think I like the old style vending-machine better, it popped out as many goodies as you wanted :D

Another superb effort Mahaloof, big thanks for the gold and the fun!
bob
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:33 pm

I think I like the old style vending-machine better, it popped out as many goodies as you wanted
LOL !!!!!!!!! :D :D :D If this doesn't show your Dutch heritage, Bob, I don't know what does. Always trying to tame the water, like you did on the road to Morgantown, eh? Let's dry up that lake and turn it into land.

There's a very true saying: God created Man. Man created Holland.

8) 8) 8)
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:51 pm

Always trying to tame the water, like you did on the road to Morgantown
I decided to try the other road to Morgantown, took some effort but less than all the boulders :lol:
bob
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:23 pm

And I don't know on what page this one was, but it should've been sticky. 8) Very nice! Surprising!

(A gold medal please :lol: )
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Awww, Marinus, first of all: CONGRATS!!! :D :D :D :D

Now for some bad news: turns out I ran out of gold. Nada! :oops: :oops:

The good news: I talked to our beloved Prime Minister (you know the one) as he's a secret, and feverish, Wonderland fan. He'll arrange to get you a National Medal of Superbance (or is it Superbity? I always confuse the two). Anyway, one of the 2 really superb medals.

I'll tell you something if you keep it a secret: A few months ago he (the PM) was supposed to go on tv for his weekly live chat and he didn't show up. Turns out he was playing one of my levels on his laptop and had smashed his Harry Potter glasses out of sheer frustration. He then told his driver to turn round and head back home. On arrival he first sacked the driver, then the butler. Next, he wanted to sack his own government, but his wife stopped him.
They were all angry with me for weeks.... :? :? :? :? :?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:36 pm

rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:08 pm

Alrighty you guys I need the secret. I can get everything but I'm really stumped on the exit. I can jump to it but alas I have no cover for the pink button....and if I cover that I slide to my death tryin' to leave.

I need some exit help. I'm sure it has something to do with being greedy a bit earlier on but I just can't see where my error is!

Please help :oops:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi Robyn! :D

In my version of the world there's a reflector ending up on the pink button. I hope this helps... :?

For anyone else: as a gentle nudge you'll find the sequence of buttons to be used right here...
Dark Blue (Marine)
Light Blue (Cyan)
Green (Seasick)
White (Checkered flag without black spots)
Yellow (Mango Swirl & Pineapple Delight)
Red (Squashed Tomatoes on a Deserted Stage)
Purple trying to be Pink (Confused Eggplant)
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Hmmm I didn't do it in that order :?

My goal is to get over by the red gate and boulder right? Cuz I got there. I found yer hidden stuff :twisted: but I just can't get both of those last buttons covered and leave.

I'm gonna keep pluggin away at it though 8)

Ok I'm startin' to wonder if my order is the problem. Here's what I'm doin...
Slide down ice and quick right to land on the box ya push into the water and avoid the bad dude. Then I do Red to get a prism out and slide that down the ice and leave it. Then cyan and push that reflector to just above the prism I just placed. Then dark blue and leave it where it lands. Then I go stand above the prism and reflector so that the bad dude shoots the boxes and himself. Then reflectors in the water. Slide down and grab coin hidden in the left wall. Back up and hit yellow and push steel box over and then down the ice so both steel boxes are now in the lava. Next green and push box in water. Lastly white and use cubie to cover the conveyor button that's left of the lava hole I filled with steel boxes. Now I slide down the ice avoiding the ghostie and push the boulder down and grab the coin in the red gate. Then tramp RRL, grab coins. Tramp right and then right again and stand on green TP then tramp down and get the box. When I push the box it ends up in a spot that I can only push it left and then bounce behind it :? What I really wanna do is get that box to go past the green TP to fill that water hole. I can get the bonus coin in the white TP and I'm sure there's one near those buttons or green TP but I can't seem to find my way there!!! HELP!
Last edited by rescuefire on Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:10 pm

The red gate 'n boulder is just to get that Bonus coin...
The green button should be covered by the boulder in the Vending Machine and the purple/pink one by a reflector. Remember, there are 3 reflectors that can be used... :D :D 8)
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:15 pm

heheh we musta been posting at the same time or I just had this page up too long :?

Me thinks I need to redo my strategy! be back soon
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Oh, my dog!!! :shock: :shock: Sounds way too risky... :? :?

So allright, here's my reasoning:
- Marine - slide down the ice. The wood ends up in the water and the reflector takes its place. Move left to seduce Mr Red into shooting the prism on the left.
- Cyan - slide down the ice. Move left to seduce Mr Red into shooting itself and its 3 wooden buddies Kamikaze style. Right reflector down into the water.
- Seasick - Box into the water above the remaining reflector. Slide down ice to retrieve coin in wall. Back and up over the woodbox.
- Checkered flag without black spots - Keeping an eye on Mr Ghost, put remaining reflector down into water and quickly retrieve Plasma cube. Down onto the large ice slide, kill Mr Ghost, tramp, tramp and it should land on the conveyor button.
- Mango Swirl and Pineapple Delight - Steel box into the lava with the other one.
- Squashed Tomatoes on a Deserted Stage - Retrieve Prism and bring onto the downed steel boxes (but no further yet, or the boulder will stay put).
- Confused Eggplant - Here's the tricky part to get the Bonus coin by the Red gate: Release boulder, move to push prism onto the conveyor button by lava, retrace your steps right away, right over the tramp, down to follow the boulder onto the large slide and upon arrival one step down to push the other boulder down onto the Red button before it's too late. Phew! That was the speedy bit...
The reflector in the middle of the level goes onto the pink button. One should be able to get one's bearings from here on...
:D :D :D :D
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Ah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Got it!

This was loads of fun to figure out Loofah! I totally didn't see that bounce to get that island reflector over until I hit what I thought was the wrong direction on a bounce and viola' there it was.

Great stuff sir. Got any more in the works right now? You Pokemon trader you!
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:26 pm

Well, I haven't been playing for a while, let alone designing. Tinkered around with a few ideas, but they haven't amounted to a level...

I suggest you try out "Nude with Coffeetable 1". Not hard to grasp, you just have to move yourself around the board. You'll see.... :D 8)
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:30 pm

Yikes! Me nude around a coffee table....now that sounds scary!!!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:32 pm

rescuefire wrote:Yikes! Me nude around a coffee table....now that sounds scary!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like my father used to say:"You're a 'nice' boy, always tough against the thread." Well, he was right. I did it my own way. Thanks to a :D :D :D :D coincidence I found another way to play this level.

But I must admit that I couldn't resist the temptation to highlight the explanation of the intended solution. :oops: So I didn't find it myself :? I read just the first line, but that was already too much. At least; I think so because that was something I had totally seen over the head (Dutch expression: overlook)

If someone is interested; Here is my alternative solution (highlight to read). But don't make the same mistake as I made!

So, you did it though......................................... Image

Ok, it doesn't matter, the solution is here http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/files/castricum.jpg

I started the same way you did
Robyn. But then I got the idea I had too few pieces to put on the buttons.

If you like to get more information; just ask. I'll be :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D to give!