New Level- Buzz

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

New Level- Buzz

Post by DiscGolfer » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:40 am

This is pure enjoyment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:02 am

Hi DG,
I just downloaded this level and can't wait to try it. :D I'm also looking forward to your comp entry it sounds great. I haven't had a lot of time lately to respond to the discussion board with kids, starting a business, working part-time, and trying to come up with a level for the comp, but I have been reading and downloading when a new level is posted. I look forward to the posts from you and the others of our wonderland family, so keep up the good work! 8) Can't wait 'til I get some free time again so that I can participate more! I'll try to get you some feed back on this level soon! :wink:
SharonM
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:19 am

Sharon,
Yeah, It's pretty annoying having to do all of those day-to-day activities that deny us all of our true love.

Playing Wonderland!!!:D

This one won't take you long. :shock:

The challenge with this one is to get as few points as possible.

Who can get the lowest Buzz?

It won't be me. I'm a fraidy cat. :lol:
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:17 am

DiscGolfer wrote:The challenge with this one is to get as few points as possible.

Who can get the lowest Buzz?
Well, the Ctrl-F9 cheat code can always give you the lowest score of 1. :P

On a more serious note, this is really cool, truly a "pure enjoyment" (kinda funny too, the sight of it). :lol: The perfect level to play after hours of frustrations on levels like "They came across the river." I bet Dianna in particular will love the sight of, um, the buzz. :wink:

So far my buzz remains at a whopping 34900. Will try and see how low I can bring it down. [For those who haven't played this level yet, let me mention that just standing there waiting for the clock to run down will not necessarily net you the lowest score...!]
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:48 am

Hey DG,

If I could some this up in one word, it would have to be 'freaky' - not much challenge - just really cool!

Awesome
Robbie :D
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:04 am

Oh my GOSH! Guess you could say this was a "BLAST!" Didn't do so good - 35170. What fun, though! Love your levels - they're ALWAYS a total surprise and something completely out of the ordinary and unexpected - as Forest Gump would say, "You never know what you're gonna get!"
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:15 am

Weeee - got it down to 33260 - what fun! - I needed this level after the brain draining I did making a level for the competition! Thank you DiscGolfer! (What in the world is Disc Golfing anyway???? Am I not with it or something?? I've never heard of this - suddenly, I feel very dumb! Please clue me in - and PLEASE don't laugh if this is something everyone knows about but me!)
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:14 pm

Nobody's laughing :lol: :lol: Ignore those two people :D
It's also called Frisbee Golf. Played like regular golf, you throw discs (frisbees) toward a "basket". It's actually a ring with suspended chains, and a basket below. You throw from a teepad, and score just lke regular golf.
I played in Flagstaff, this August, in the Pro World Championships. This was three weeks after I had won the Amateur World Championship. They had a temporary couse set up at the Snow Bowl, north of Flagstaff.
There are courses all over Arizona. Fountain Hills and Vista Del Camino are two courses I have played in Phoenix.
I started playing seriously after my wife was killed by a hit and run driver on the day our baby was baptized. Obviously, it changed my life. Disc Golf was something I could do with my child in his stroller. I'd walk around the park throwing discs and trying to ease the pain. I guess I got pretty good :shock:
Anyway, for more information on Disc Golf got to: http://pdga.com/
Just like Wonderland, it is an activity that anyone can participate in.
Hmmmm.... I need to create a disc golf related level.
Loof

Post by Loof » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:32 pm

Sniff.

HUG.

Loof
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:54 pm

:( Hi DG,

Good for you!
It takes real guts to carry on after such a tragedy.

Wishing you every happiness for the future.

Kind regards
Maureen.

P.S. I had never heard of the game either! :roll:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:57 pm

:oops: OOPS!
Forgot to say, loved this level it was good fun.

Cheers.
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:25 pm

Yeah, StinkyNLoof, you sure got my number on this one. I just stood there behind the reflectors and the coins waiting for all the UFOs to destroy each other, then when there were only a few left I tried to grab the coins and escape to the exit -- but even then I didn't make it! So I can't report how many hundreds of thousands I would have scored if I had been able to complete the level.

This forum has some amazing members. I'm always happily surprised at the creativity in coming up with new levels, and dumbfounded at the hand-eye coordination that some of you must have. Gee, how DO you get to that exit without getting drilled full of holes? :oops:
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:39 am

Dianna wrote:Gee, how DO you get to that exit without getting drilled full of holes? :oops:
You might find it helpful, while the UFO massacre is still going on, to try to push each reflector just one step out. That way, when the reflector reflects someone's fire, instead of hitting the coins it will potentially hit other UFOs. That way you might be able to end up with less UFOs left.

I looked at what happened if you just stand there doing absolutely nothing, and I noticed that when the dust finally settles there're still 11 UFOs left! :shock: