New Visual- Space Ball

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

New Visual- Space Ball

Post by DiscGolfer » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:51 am

This would make a good screensaver :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:55 am

You are crazed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:04 am

Now THIS is a Wonderland screensaver. (HELP - DiscGolfer is definitely having an effect on me!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by majic1 on Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:13 am

whoa! you guys are really making me dizzy! :o :!:
DiscGolfer
Rainbow Wizard

Post by DiscGolfer » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:17 am

majic1's will induce seizure activity :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:53 am

Loved it DG! :lol: I kept waiting for the ball and Stinky to collide! :lol:
I think you're having an effect on all of us :shock: :lol:

majic1, are you in the running with DG and freightrain for craziness? :lol: I think the screensaver is great! They looked like they were having a fun winter's day! :lol:

Great job you two! 8)
SharonM
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:19 pm

NOone could match DG & Freightrain - this level competition must be having a weird effect on me :!: :lol: :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:47 pm

majic1,
:lol: Not wierd, jist fun! :lol:
SharonM
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:33 pm

WOOPS! I just edited & uploaded new version of my silly screensaver - had an ice patch wrong!! :x It's still silly, but at least now it's working the way I meant for it to work!!!! :D
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:10 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

YOU ARE ALL MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so you know who's talking, my name is:-

Maureen Ann Davidson get it? M.A.D. FOR SHORT.
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:48 pm

:lol: Now I understand your name! I wondered because you didn't seem to be an angry person! :lol: My married name is Sharon Anderson McNeal ......... SAM, so I use that a lot on-line. :)
SharonM
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No SAM, not angry just MAD as in loopy!

I love a good laugh, life can throw too much grief at you and I'm afraid that I was feeling sorry for myself for a while. :cry:
This forum (the first I've ever joined) has done me the world of good, I check for new posts countless times a day. (How sad is that?)

I must admit that it was unusual for me to enter into a competition like this one, didn't think I'd have the guts!
As you will see after the comp, I made loads of mistakes but if people had fun it doesn't matter.

Must get back to work or I 'll have to sack myself.
Maybe Patrick will do it for me seeing as he likes to blow me out of the forum! giggle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:39 pm

Oh, my mistake MAD :lol:

I'm glad you joined the forum. As you might have seen in some of my other posts, I don't typically join them either. I also check several times a day when I can, though I don't always have time to post.

As you can see, by the levels I usually post, I don't usually come up with very difficult levels. I'm still learning. I look forward to seeing more posts from you!
SharonM
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:08 pm

:D :D

Hi Sharon,

That's me back again for a little while, ahem!

Don't knock it, I think your posts are brill.
The problem I have is I'm not too sure of the symbols and what they are, it took me ages to figure out a spook from a spaceship (must be the old eyes)
The other thing that got me was; I could put a title on the level but nothing else! Sorry, I'm not explaining myself very well.
Here is an example, I posted Jailbreak for the comp but when it came out it was an untitled level, do you understand what I'm getting at? :?

Now everyone knows who made the faux pas........ :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh well you will all find out anyway so what the heck!

I will try another level soon, I will never reach the standard of yourself and the others.... Eeyore31, DG, Robbie, L'n'S, ol'gramma, Jen, Majic1 and Lean Demon to name a few but I certainly can give you a laugh at my efforts.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:37 pm

Jailbreak was yours? I loved that level! It's one I keep going back to. :D I almost picked that one as one of my top picks. Those hidden chompers kept getting me for a while. As far as the title goes, in the level editor, look up to the very top right. You should see the words Untitled Level (I think). Just click that and it will take you to a screen where you can give it a title. After you type in your title, hit enter. Hope that helps. :)
SharonM
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:14 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks Sharon, how stupid can I get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Glad you liked Jailbreak, I forgot to put gates at the exit and to set a time limit.... the reason for the extra box was to block the chomper, if like me you would rather get out of their way (coward, that's me)
The funny thing is, I was going to call it Surprise! Lucky I didn't, what a red face I would have had! :oops: :oops: :oops:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:45 pm

:lol: I liked it just the way you had it. Patrick probably would have renamed it Surprise 2 or something. :lol: Don't feel bad, I forgot about the music on mine. I typically play with the sound off so I don't always remember to select my music. The only reason I knew about the title was I went to the tutorials at Midnight Synergy. I had to print them out so I could refer to them while I was learning how to make a level. :lol: I do best when I have directions right in hand.
SharonM
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:36 pm

Davimad wrote: but I certainly can give you a laugh at my efforts.
Your level was good! No, really! If people are laughing I'm sure it's because they enjoy your level!

Here are some nice things about your level:

1) It suits players of all skills. Those who's content to just complete the level will have little problems doing so, since they pretty much just need to sit back and wait until the cannon blasts away most of the baddies (and that's always fun to watch). For competitive players interested in high scores, there are still plenty of interesting challenges, like how long to wait (the longer you wait the more baddies you killed but the less time remains), how quickly can you get past the coilies near the exit, etc.

The only thing lacking is of course puzzles (I'm thinking of puzzles as in "A small Adventure", "Just 3 Coins", "Stinky Crusoe", etc.), but that's just as well for your first level, since puzzles tend to take some experience and time to be designed well, and not everyone likes them anyway.

2) The visuals for this level is pretty rich and balanced, and fits the fun nature of this level very well. Same wth the choice of music. The only thing I didn't like is using psychedlic color-cycling on the green "Garden" theme, but that's just my personal taste.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:04 pm

:) :) :)

Thanks for the nice comments and constructive criticism, I'll take it all on board for my next one.

Incidentally, I went through the hippie era! Maybe that's where the colours come in!

Cheers.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:08 pm

Here's a screensaver from me! Not particularly spectacular or funny like DG's or majic1's, but kinda cute. The sound gets annoying pretty quickly though. :roll:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:19 pm

Okay LNS,
It was cute! And funny too! I had trouble controlling the pan (shift + arrow) to find the mechanism, lol. The conveyors kept pulling me back! Does this happen to you too? :lol: Yet another interesting glitch!
SharonM
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:02 pm

Okay, this one is just pure silliness. :wink:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:20 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LNS, I laughed hard. freightrain says welcome to the Clan of Idjits! :lol:
SharonM