2008 HOLIDAY CONTEST LEVELS

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

2008 HOLIDAY CONTEST LEVELS

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE !!!!!!!! :P :D :P :D :P

We also wanted to post the Contest in this forum, so here is the 2008 Holiday Contest zip file. THANKS Patrick for helping us with this large zip file. :D :D

HAVE FUN! :P :P :P

http://www.midnightsynergy.com/2008holidaycontest.zip
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:12 pm

:stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy:

I just have to say that ALL of these levels, textures, models, houses and backgrounds look absolutely AMAZING!!!! Fantastic job everyone! :P

To ALL of the creators, I want to say THANK YOU! 8) :D 8) :D :D :P
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:22 pm

Hey Emmy,

Thanks for all that you did for this contest. I'm beginning to play the levels. Do you have a form you would like us to fill out? Will there be some high scorers like last year?

[Edit] And to Cathy, too, who did ALL of the work!
Last edited by annedanner on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anne
My List
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi Anne, you're very welcome but (Cathy did all the work.) :lol:

There is no form. See Cathy's post below. :D
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Here ya go :wink:

Scoring

a. Scores must be sent by PM to Cathy (jcvalcar2) or Emmy (Dizzy1) by January 3rd at 12 midnight EST.
b. Side Contest - Guesses on who made what level should be sent by PM to Cathy (jcvalcar2) or Emmy (Dizzy1) by the same deadline date.
c. You must give each puzzle a score from 1 to 10 (10 being the best). You can also use the decimal point system -- i.e., 7.5, 8.3, etc.
d. The levels should be judged on inventiveness, fun and Holiday Themeness.
e. Anyone can score the levels, but if you score one, you must score them all.

We will collect and tabulate scores along with your guesses to the Side Contest, and post the results/announce winners on January 4th, 2009.

of ....

Midnight Synergy wrote:
"I'd be happy to provide a free copy of WAMOFI to the winner" Image

Thanks again, Patrick 8)

Side Contest:
Send in your guesses as to who did which level.

Your entry should look something like this:
#1 - Username
#2 - Username
#3 - ...
#23 - Username

Scoring is as follows:
* You get 1 point for every name in the list that actually did submit a level! (e.g. you guess BruceB did #1. He didn't, but he did submit a level, that's 1 Point for you). If you also put down BruceB for #2, you still only get one point.
* You get 4 points for every entry that is correctly identified (e.g. you guess BruceB did #1, and he really did. That's 4 points for you). If you put BruceB down for both #1 and #2, you'd only get 4 points for guessing #1, but no additional points for #2. This might affect your strategy... you might in fact want to put down a name several times. Or not. Image
Entries are due for the Side Contest on January 3rd, 2009 as well (as are the scores for the levels).
Cathy
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:04 pm

Dizzy1 wrote::stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy: :stinkyhappy:

I just have to say that ALL of these levels, textures, models, houses and backgrounds look absolutely AMAZING!!!! Fantastic job everyone! :P

To ALL of the creators, I want to say THANK YOU! 8) :D 8) :D :D :P
I second this, thank you all Image
Cathy
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:02 am

Great levels all the way. Played them all, finished some of them.
It'll be hard to guess who made what...
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:50 am

I've had a few pm's about the contest files, hopefully this will help anyone that is having trouble seeing all the back up files :wink:

Download the contest file, using your mouse - double click on this file folder to unzip this file, then right click on the unzipped file folder labeled "2008 Holiday Contest" and select copy.

Open your "mycomputer" folder, then open the "Local disk (C)" folder then open the "Return to Wonderland" folder.

Right click again (inside the RTW folder) and select paste. You will receive a pop up "Confirm folder Replace" select "yes to all" (This will add the contest file folders in the appropriate file folders).

Note: If you want the contest levels (now located in your CustomLevels Folder) to be placed in your "ByUser" Folder right click on the "2008 Holiday Contest" file folder then select cut - open the "ByUser" folder and right click inside that folder and select paste.

I sure hope this helps, but please let me know if anyone needs more help. I keep my contest file folders in the Custom File folder. I'm sorry if there is any confusion.
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Of course I'm gonna be the first to scream for help :oops: :oops:

Don't know if it's to early or even IF there will be hints /spoilers for the contest levels, but, IF there are I sure could use some help with "The Polar Express" It's a loverly level, but, I can't seem to get going in the right direction. I can get both Stinky & Loof off their starting spots & get the white button covered (no idea how to cover the red button :oops: ) then am I suppose to bounce Loof down then right or down, down .. leaving him to take a ride on the tracks without the train & how does one collect those coins by the "evil snowmen" my fingers aren't fast enough :cry:

If someone that's completed this little gem would be so kinda as to drop me a pm with a bit of guidance, I'd appreciate it ... I'm stuck Image
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
angi-no e
Rainbow Seeker

Post by angi-no e » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:20 pm

These levels are awesome! I've been able to complete two so far--- but I'm going back to it now. Just wanted to say "thanks!"
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:20 pm

:lol: I love that little stuck dude!

I actually happen to have that spoiler - yeah! so I'll send you a pm shortly. I don't know if it's too early yet to post spoilers either but if we start getting more cries for nudges then we can start posting them :wink:
Cathy
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:11 pm

laura n. wrote:If someone that's completed this little gem would be so kinda as to drop me a pm with a bit of guidance, I'd appreciate it ... I'm stuck Image
I really liked this one (NO! It's not mine), anyway PM on the way! :D

edit: Oops, didn't see Cathy's response, oh well, let it ride.
bob
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:55 pm

Thanks Cathy & Bob Image

Don't have time at the moment to play, (got a house fuill of kids) I hope to get UN-Image later :wink:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:58 pm

No worries Bob, feel free to step in anytime :wink:

Thank you 8)

Edit: I am reposting two of the levels that have been corrected. Entry C has a model - I thought it was the chimney/stove pipe for the houses but I was informed that this is not the case :shock: :lol: and Entry H the custombackground was removed.

Also just in case you missed this under the General Forum here is the link to the Song Entry from one of our level designers for your enjoyment :wink:

Flight Of The Bear (In An Upside-Down World)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0rctozy5dw0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cathy
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

I just finished all the levels and I have to say this was definitely a pile of fun! Some of them caused me a lot of restarts and a lot of thought. :D

I plan to run through them again tomorrow and do my scoring but I first wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributed and a special big time thank-you to Cathy and Emmy for putting it all together! :D
bob
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:21 am

:P Thanks Bob and everyone else, for thanking us! :lol:

It was my pleasure to work with Cathy, especially since (she did all the work, while I sat in my comfy chair and bossed her around) we both work well together and there was no fighting at all! :lol: :lol: Lots of fun! 8)

I'd do it all over again...no problem. :D
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:29 am

Your all very welcome, it was my pleasure as well Image
Dizzy1 wrote:.... while I sat in my comfy chair and bossed her around
and she did too :shock: Image :lol: :lol: I'd better get back to work before she catches me :roll: :lol:

For those of you that are having problems with the xmas2 texture, it has been resized for you. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cathy
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:31 am

:lol: Actually, Cathy and I working together went more like this:

Cathy: "Hi!" :D
Emmy: "Hi!" :D
Cathy: "Ok, when you receive a level with all the zip files, do such & such with them and then pack them up and send them to me.
Em: "Ok I'm back...had to go potty. Now, what did you say?"
Cathy: "I said, do you know how to zip a file?"
Em: "Of course I do, duh!"
Cathy: "Ok then, zip the levels, blah blah, etc. and send...
Em: "Wait, wait...I don't have any levels to zip!"
Cathy: "NO, I said When You Get Them!"
Em: "OHHHH, why didn't you say that in the first place?"
Cathy: "I DID!!! What part are you not understanding?"
Em: "Oh geez! I don't know! Where will these levels be coming from? Are you going to send them to me?"
Cathy: "Uh, did you..."
Em: "What?"
Cathy: "...nevermind..."
Em: "Uh..."
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:33 am

And yet somehow it all magically worked! :lol: :lol:
bob
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:52 am

Here are some model files that had wrong size or wrong name jpgs for anyone having trouble seeing them. And in case anyone is having trouble with the size of one of the model files, perhaps on an older computer, I've changed the bmps into jpgs and dramatically reduced the file size.

If there are any more that you're having trouble with let me know.
Pauline
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:34 pm

Thank you so much Popo!!!!! Image

Please download these files if you aren't able to see all the models. Each level creator did such a wonderful job putting these together for you. :wink:
Cathy
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:29 pm

Well, since Cathy did all the work I'll send my scores to Diz so she can say she did something. :lol:

Forget the 'Who Made What' contest, I have no clue! :?
bob
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:22 pm

You all are too funny, she's fibbing ya know :lol: :lol:

Bob, you should at least give it a shot at the guessing - I'd say you would get at the minimum most of the names of the creators right maybe not the right level. :wink: and you still get one point for a correct guess on who sent us a level :P
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:36 am

Hi, it's me again :D am I the only one having "issues" :oops: or, am I the only one willing to ask for help :?

Anyway I'm stuck again :oops: Entry "C" Qookies Christmas Cookies, I've figured out a very small part in the beginning.. but after I get over towards the red sphere, I'm stuck Image

Help please Image
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 am

PM sent :D
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:16 am

Thanks Marinus :D

No Laura, you aren't the only one, we've had a few pm's for nudges and we do have spoilers ready if you want to chit chat :wink: :lol:

I wasn't sure :? if it was too early to post the spoilers since some have told me that they are still getting ready for the holiday and haven't had a chance to even play yet. :(
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:22 am

Oh Marinus thank you, thank you :D

Cathy Thank you (again) too. :D :D

I wouldn't post the hints/spoilers yet. I was one of those people running around yet, again, today getting last minute gifts :oops: I think pming people when they ask for help is a good idea, at least for now :wink: :D
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:45 am

Image I was informed that it's not too early so here ya go :lol: :wink:

SPOILER - QOOKIES XMAS COOKIES - ENTRY C
Loof through white TP.
Peegue jumps left.
Loof goes on ice slide and jumps UUUUL.
Loof pushes red sphere right.
Loof pushes red sphere up and jumps right.
After collecting the bottom coins Loof pushes sphere right and stays on break tile until sphere stops.
Sphere up.
Sphere right (wait on break tile until sphere stops on red button).
Loof enters house and waits left from the house.
Peegue follows and pushes the right green sphere to the left.
Loof pushes sphere up, box into the water and remaining spheres down and goes back to the spot left of the house.
Peegue pushes spheres left.
Loof pushes spheres up and goes through TP to the right side of the level.
Loof collects all the coins hiding behind the trees and then pushes box into the water. Loof pushes the northern box right to open the way for Peegue.
Last edited by jcvalcar2 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:54 am

Sure now ya post it.. after I embarrass myself by asking :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again you two. :D
Now it's time to go wrap pressies. I've got an 8 year old about to jump out of her skin if we don't wrap some presents TONIGHT Image
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 am

-deleted-
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.