2008 HOLIDAY CONTEST LEVELS

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:04 am

I was told that you weren't the only one to ask so we shared :D you just started the ball rolling that's all :wink: :lol:

Go wrap those pressies Image before it's too late :shock: :lol:
Cathy
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:48 am

These are all really great looking levels! I'm always amazed at all the different backgrounds, models, textures, and houses that everyone comes up with. They sure make the levels interesting, especially if you get frustrated trying to solve them. That being said, could someone help me with entry B - Christmas time in the snowglobe? I've been through it several times and keep missing a rainbow coin. Thank you.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:57 am

Thank you tweetyangel :D

Stand by........................Image and we'll have it for you soon :wink:

Sorry had to take a little break :oops:

ENTRY B - CHRISTMAS TIME IN A SNOW GLOBE

Push the sphere R-D-L-D then tramp down collect the coin on the light blue button and the breaktile then push the sphere to the right.

Make your way to the bonus coin on the breaktile then collect the four coins then tramps down and collect the bonus coin and step to the right then push the sphere down.

Push the left boulder to the left then up into the water then collect the kinda hidden coin just above the Christmas tree.

Now step onto the breaktile and tramp R-R landing on the blue button, push the boulder up then step to the right thru the false wall and push the sphere up then quickly step to the left pushing the boulder as you go then push it up and follow.

Collect the coin on the sign then step to the right into the white TP.

Collect all the bonus coins then step down onto the twqo way conveyor and collect those coins then get the spheres going over the timers and leave for the exit.

Collect the bonus coins from left to right.
Cathy
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Thank you. I sure didn't see that coin there, finally able to go home!
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:38 pm

WOOHOO! Just solved the last level on my to-do-list! :D I think this is the first time that I was able to solve every level of a contest all on my own.

I had much fun the last few days figuring out the levels. There were some really slick levels in this contest, and I'm really impressed how much love to the detail some designers put into their levels.

So, all in all, many THANKS to both the organisators of this contest and also everyone who took part in designing the levels. :D :D
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:27 am

Thank you, Lucas :D :P

I hope you won't forget to send us your scores and guesses when you have a chance. :wink:

Have a wonderful Holiday!!! :P :P

Edit: Wow :shock: you're fast, I must have been typing while you were emailing :lol: thank you!
Cathy
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:50 am

Does anyone have a little hint for Holly Ball (Entry O)? I've got all but 5 levels completed, and that one is driving me nuts. I can't figure it out.............and it is making me feel extremely stooopud cuz I know the answer must be right there in front of my face. :lol: What am I missing?
Majicaleetarina
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:41 am

Here ya go :wink:

Entry O - Holly Ball
Stinky steps down on then break tile and then stands on then white button. Loof slides top-left box up and left just below Stinky.
Stinky pushes the box down into the water and takes the coin above the left boulder. Loof stands below left lamp and jumps down, walks right, and then jumps up. Stinky stands under the aqua button and steps down on then break tile and then stands on the aqua button. Loof slides box up and then right below Stinky. Stinky pushes box down into the water and takes the coin above the right boulder. Loof stands on aqua button while Stinky stands on white button. Stinky slides right and jumps three times right, down and then left to roll the left boulder up on the white button.
Loof slides left and jumps four times left and up landing just above the aqua gate. Stinky stands below right lamp and jumps down, walks left and jumps up. Then he steps on the aqua button, slides left three times, down and right to roll the right boulder up on the aqua button. Stinky must continue walking up with the moving boulder so that he remains inside it when it lands on the aqua button. Loof can now safely exit. Finally Stinky slides left and jumping four times left/right and then up to exit below.
Cathy
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:37 am

Do you have some help for level V?

I managed - after a lot of hard thinking - to get to the outer side. Now I have no clue what to do next.
Especially some hint for the green timer part would be appreciated :)
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:39 pm

I haven't had a chance to play this yet :oops: so I don't know if this is what you need or if you need more, please let me know. :wink:

LEVEL V - MAYOR PEEGUE IN: THE LOST PRESENT

(Hint only)

- Kill the Z-Bot before you open the cyan gates.
- Some items have multiple purposes.
- All items in the "house" must be used (or destroyed) before you leave it.
- However, this doesn't mean that you don't have to use them anymore after you've left the house.
- Start with the red present; use two boulders to build a bridge to it.
- The yellow/red teleporter constellation allows a long jump for an item.
- Don't enter the upper area before you have made some preparations.
- Make sure to destroy all \-shaped reflectors.
- Use a wooden box to fill in the first gap to the green present.
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:55 am

Cathy do you have anymore help for level "V" ? :oops:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:01 am

Hi Laura, :D I'm working on that one and I have a request in, for more help. I'll post it as soon as it comes in. :D :D
RSL
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by RSL » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:08 am

How can you guess who made what level without knowing who the entrants are?
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:15 am

Hi RSL! :D I've heard the Contest was done this way a few years ago and we are trying it the same way. If you can just give it your best shot and try to figure it out. Remember, everyone is in the same boat as you. Nobody knows the names. :lol: It might be really funny to see who's names pop up! :shock: :lol:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:56 am

Thanks Dizbomb 8)
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Pat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:14 pm

The little bit of memory I have left :roll: is telling me that previous contests supplied a list of participants if we were to guess "who made which level". Have I totally lost it? :wink:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:32 pm

Image It has been over a year, so no you haven't lost it :wink: :lol:
Midnight Synergy wrote:And now it is time for a side competition, open to anyone. I know players on this board often run a "who did what" competition. I'm not quite sure of the ruleset that is usually followed. I'll make it up as I go along. :)

So here's the deal: send in an e-mail with your guesses as to who did which of the 13 levels in the 5th Anniversary competition. This is extra hard since you don't actually know who all participated, although some folks have stated so in this thread (and others).

Scoring is as follows:
* You get 1 point for every name in the list that actually did submit a level. (e.g. you guess BruceB did #1. He didn't, but he did submit a level, that's 1 Point for you). If you also put down BruceB for #2, you still only get one point.
* You get 4 points for every entry that is correctly identified (e.g. you guess BruceB did #1, and he really did. That's 4 points for you). If you put BruceB down for both #1 and #2, you'd only get 4 points for guessing #1, but no additional points for #2. This might affect your strategy... you might in fact with to put down a name several times. Or not. 8)

Entries are due Oct 15th as well (as are the scores for the levels).

Now, anyone can enter this competition, and with a little detective work you are guaranteed a few of the 1 pointers.
Cathy
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Pat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Yes , the contest initiated by MS was handled that way, but the member initiated ones I believe included a list, so... it's "six of one and half a dozen of the other"!!!

Since I'll follow the rules, just thought I'd make a plea for a list 'cause there are so darned many entrants (a good thing). Thanks for the info Cathy. Now I'll shut up. :lol:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:04 pm

No worries Pat! :D

Certain people asked to remain annonymous until after the guessing, which is why we didn't post the names. We know this will be a little tougher but I think you all know who posts levels and who doesn't. :wink:

And this has been an awesome showing of level creators - my hats off to all of you who entered the contest, Image each level is a winning level in my book. :wink:

Edit: Here's a little "SPOILER" for you all! :lol:
Hint: Each person that sent in an entry, with the exception of one mystery creator, has posted a level on the forum in the past
Cathy
Pat
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Pat » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:23 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WELL, AT LEAST I GOT A HINT OUT OF YA! :wink:
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:26 pm

laura n. wrote:Do you have anymore help for level "V" ? :oops:
Here you go! BTW-There was still no reply from the level creator, so this was sent to me by one of Santa's Elves :P ...not the level creator. (so it may not be the 'intended way')

LEVEL V SPOILER:

-push wood box down one square
-metal box up and into doorway
-top keg right and up above ice cube
-boulder up and into keg
-metal box back down besode lower keg, wood box to the right of the metal one
-reflector on lower pink button, prism up one square
-top reflector up and onto top pink button, middle reflector up, lower reflector down
-push prism up below top reflector to blow up the box in the wall
-keg on lower pink button, top reflector over the wall, right reflector into the waterhole
-exit enclosure left over breaktiles, step on teal button and push boulder down
-walk around and push the other boulder up
-walk back around and cross over onto the island on the breaktile above the right red tp
-push the left metal box up, left, down and boulder left, then push the metal box above the boulder
-here's the fast part, you need to push the boulder right and quickly push the metal box down to act as a stopper. it's tricky but not super hard
-push green sphere right and follow closely, step up before green sphere gets to the ice so you can push it down into the water
-go back and push the left box right onto the ice just after the boulder bounces off it
-right box down and left and use the boulder and the other box to create a bridge to the right side red tp
-push the remaining metal box into the red tp, it needs to be on the square to the left of the left side red tp to act as a stopper, you can either walk over the last breaktile on the island or enter the right red tp and tramp left
-walk right and push the metal box down onto the ice curve, it will land one tile down and right of the lower wood box, it needs to go on the yellow button so push it left three tiles
-take the tramp above the pink cannon into the enclosure and walk around and push the metal box onto the yellow button
-now enter the area with the green and blue tps, enter the top blue from the bottom then back into it and push the boulder the same way so it lands below that metal box
-push the lower wood box into that area and use it as a turnaround so you can push the box over to the wall of the enclosure and up onto the tramp
-push the wood box onto the ice slide and the same thing will happen as the metal box, go down and push the wood box all the way left and collect the coin at the red present
-walk all the way around and push the metal box into the left red tp
-up onto the tramp and over between the upper green and blue tps
-enter blue tp from the bottom then back into the lower one from the right side so that the metal box lands left of the lower green tp
-tramp back over the wall and push the metal box onto the lower pink button, push the wood box below the top pink button
-walk around, tramp over again and push the wood box over the wall
-walk all the way around and push the wood box right into the left side red tp
-push the wood box between the upper green and blue tps and do the same as you did with the metal box
-use the two metal boxes to fill the waterhole below the green present and the boulder to fill the waterhole below the blue present
-done
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Dizzy wrote:Here you go! BTW-There was still no reply from the level creator, so this was sent to me by one of Santa's Elves :P ...not the level creator.
Give a big kissy poo to Santa's Elf for me would ya Image
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:54 pm

laura n. wrote:Give a big kissy poo to Santa's Elf for me would ya Image
Ok.. :P ...Mmmwwwaaah!! :lol: :lol: Thanks Elf!
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:59 pm

I had an SOS for these two levels :wink:

SPOILER ENTRY F - THE POLAR EXPRESS
Section 1

1. Stinky removes coins and pushes steel box up into water.
2. Then pushes one box right onto conveyor to smash and the other box left into water. Ensure stationary conveyor is pointing to left before heading for bonus coins.
3. For break tiles, walk right, up, push barrel onto tramp then back down.
4. Push boxes to left to complete bridge and send travelator towards Loof.
5. Loof pushes box up to slide to white button then uses travelator to reach Stinky & steps onto railway "platform".
6. Loof stands by to push red sphere immediately left of white gate north to red button.
7. Stinky maneuvers travelator to line up with that red sphere and red button (LRULDR)
8. Loof pushes sphere north on travelator

Section 2

(Objective is to retrieve the barrel from the green section, far right, to throw onto the ice slide to smash the steel box on the white button so those coins can be picked up in the "TICKET OFFICE")

1. Stinky pushes box in and destroys on the flame, goes up on conveyor into generator section.
2. Stinky pushes generated box to the right and places above the bonus coins, collects rainbow coins.
3. Loof uses travelator to collect bonus coins then pushes box north to make bridge and tramps over wall.
4. Stinky uses travelator to reach and enter green TP then positions to push barrel down.
5. Teamwork exercise, Loof pushes barrel to left, goes down into TP, enters other TP from right and takes position, Stinky pushes barrel down, Loof pushes barrel thru TP, Stinky enters TP from the top and pushes barrel down and out of that section onto the railway platform.
6. With one character stood in the doorway of the TICKET OFFICE, barrel needs to pushed down one square and then to the far left of platform(by 3 green fir trees) to tramp over wall onto ice slide to destroy steel box on white button
7. Now, safely, collect coins from TICKET OFFICE
8. Both characters can get on the train via sign and 2step break tile.

Section 3

(Objective - squash that coily on the left hand side with an ice block)

1. For character entering ice slide, directions are ULRURUR - squash coily, aqua gate will open.
2. Then slide down and push ice block down to sit next to barrel.
3. Other character pushes cannon to left over tramp (barrel and ice block destroyed), then pushes cannon back round ice over tramp onto blue button
4. Both characters get back on the train for the exit.
Last edited by jcvalcar2 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathy
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Me again :oops:
I've been working on "U" for days, such a "cozy" looking level. I can get the opening parts done, getting Peegue up to the room Qookie is in, but after that I'm TOTALLY LOST, all those invisible walls :shock: :? Any help in my direction would be appreciated :D
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi Laura, :D

EDIT: I now have the entire spoiler for this level.

Here's the spoiler for Level U:
Peegue-push box right to coin, go up, get coin between walls leading to water. Go down on right side of box and push it up into water. Get on travelator, collect 3 coins, take travelator to far right and push barrel down into water by white gate. Go back up to travelator, take it all the way left and go down on ice curves. Push boulder left, get on far right travelator, go left, push boulder down. Push boulder down, right, left, up (it should land on white button). Go up through middle of wall, take top travelator back to the right side. Push box left to travelator. Get on right travelator, go left, push box down and to water by white gate. Go to lower right room, push sphere up and box up, collect all coins (one behind tree). Go up and around to push box all the way left, then out the gate and to front door. Now push sphere to roll on timer.

Pink cube fills 1st water in house. Don't need Qookie until time to exit. Peegue go left to tramp, jump L,U to get sphere going under tree. Go right, past fireplace; back down to tramp, jump L,D, push box into water to enter kitchen area. 2 boxes in kitchen area go to exit gate area. Sphere on blue timer.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:48 am

:D :D :D Just sent in my scores and I want to thank Cathy and Emmy for all their efforts.

I appreciate them tons.

I also want to thank all who posted levels in this contest, I think we had more in this contest than any I remember.

Bravo to all the fabulous designs, textures, models, custom houses and backgrounds.

There were some outstanding puzzlers that were quite brilliant.

good luck to all and once again, thanks for all the fun. :D :D :D
Keeks
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:59 am

You're very welcome Kiki! :P

I agree, this was the biggest contest I've seen so far.

Thanks again everyone! :D :P :P :D
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:34 am

Hey thanks for the "hints" Dizzy one more down & 5 to go 8)
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm so excited to be finally getting started on all the Christmas levels. Got home late last night after no computer for two weeks, no Wonderland.... :cry:

Had a lot of reading to catch up on. You have all been busy.

Emmy and Cathy, you both did a great job...thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into the contest.
:)