NewLevel (Adv) - True Magix

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

NewLevel (Adv) - True Magix

Post by LEMARQUIS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi everyone,

This level is really just a crazy test to showcase Hex editing!

It uses "Piazza" textures which you may have, but I added it in case you don't have it. Thank you.

After I was playing around and mapped the entire Hex editing for RTW, I made this level for fun!

The study on Hexing and the level was created with "Ultraedit" software...

YOU CAN'T EDIT IT IN RTW!!! IF YOU TRY, IT WILL CRASH THE SOFTWARE THEN YOU HAVE TO RESTART RTW.

Try to solve it... Assume that nothing is at it seems!

Many tramps and various tiles are hidden... So you have to guess with try and errors! No crazy timing required! No risk to crash the software if you PLAY it!

Actually very fun to solve... :) :) :)

Still pushing the envelope to see how far I can go with the software...

Enjoy this totally insane level!!!

LeMarquis...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LEMARQUIS on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:51 pm

Agh, I don't know what to do.

I got the box, but I don't know if I kill the Shadow Stinker or push it on the transporter!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Metatiles? I love these. :D

Have you tried out tile 38 08 yet? It does some really wacky things. You have to go into a different level then into the 38 08 level though, otherwise you'll get a MAV.
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Yes I did try tile 38 08! :) Most of the times, it creates an invisible object that I can push around.

But only one time, after I loaded a test level, I ended up with a floating circle button (almost like it's on top of an invisible box) and I could push it around, but only the image of the circle button!!! the actual button was still there. If I would step on the original tile, the floating image of the circle button, wherever it is, would go dark. But I couldn't reproduce it twice! Very weird stuff!

On my Hex list, everything is stable unless if it's coded "Violation" which means MAV.

THE LEVEL I CREATED IS VERY STABLE AND WON"T GIVE YOU AN MAV ERROR.

Any tiles with violation really need further testing... I was hoping to find a generator of green cannons, but was out of luck! The only thing though is with tiles like 38 08, it's too ennoying!!! You can load the level if you load a previous level as you said, but when you get killed, you still get an MAV and have to start all over again... So I stayed away from those tiles...

Still very kool stuff!!!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

Yeah. I managed to find a Generator that made invisible boxes, although it crashed other times.

As for 38 08, I noticed that it takes certain elements from objects which are either made up of 2D graphics or many graphics pieces. Many times 38 08 took the gray ring things from a white gate. O_o

I've been wondering what 38 08 actually is. Is it a graphics loader thing, or just garbage data?
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I think it takes 2D graphics from surrounding objects anywhere in the level. Here was my set up: 1st line: 64 00, 38 08, 64 00
2nd line: 4D 04, 64 00, 64 00

like in my level...

The floating circle (from 4D 04) appeared on the tile below 38 08 (64 00 which is a regular floor tile)... then i pushed it and destroyed the shadow with it! Talk about weird!

What is the invisible box generator code?
Last edited by LEMARQUIS on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 pm

If my text file is correct, it is A3 06.

I only got it to work without a MAV once.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Three things...

1. :shock: Amazing level!

2. This, I think, may be the first level hex edited <NOT TRUE>

3. "Don't trust your eyes! Looks are decieving!" :twisted:
Last edited by Technos72 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Technos72 wrote:2. This, I think, may be the first level hex edited
Nope, people have hex edited their levels many times before. :wink:
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:36 pm

I tried to get that invisible box generator code and it didn't work. Also retested 38 08 and found this:

If there's only regular floor tiles, every time I push the invisible object (38 08 ) , It delays Loof's shadow by 1 tile in the opposite direction. Very weird. also tried to push it in a TP, on a tramp or in water, even pushed it on a boulder and the boulder didn't move. It stayed invisible no matter what I do.

Also when I push it on a water tile, it sank but you need 2 to fill water. I just tested it and it works! I could walk over the water tile after that! So It sorta behaves like an invisible metal box.

I fired a cannon at it and it stops, so it's not a prism or reflector. I passed a pink cube beside it and it didn't stick. I also threw it in lava then I got an MAV.

Also got a floating square button this time which was taken from a tile not immediatly beside 38 08 (2 tiles up and 1 tile left)... so it's very random...
Last edited by LEMARQUIS on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:43 am, edited 6 times in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:41 pm

I think it's RAM data from somewhere.

I believe I had another box generator thingy that might work if you try a lot... Try 4D 06. It's the other mutant box generator I have, though I doubt it'll work; my list was compiled about a year ago. :?

And I wish there was a Mothership Warp Gate.
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Yep it did work!

I saw the box generator and pushed 4 invisible boxes all over. I sank 2 in water and could walk over the tile thereafter. So it's an invisible box generator for metal boxes or prisms, reflectors,... not sure here...

Also one time I had a very weird behavior and was able to push the image of the box generator... (similar behavior like 38 08..) lol

Wow! Some crazy stuff going on here!!!
Last edited by LEMARQUIS on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Awesome and easy level!

Make another one like this!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:31 pm

LEMARQUIS wrote:I saw the box generator and pushed 4 invisible boxes all over. I sank 2 in water and could walk over the tile thereafter. So it's an invisible box generator for metal boxes or prisms, reflectors,... not sure here...
We'll find out if we test them with cannon fire. :wink:
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:02 pm

I need to lead the Shadow Stinker Army to the button.
°°pathways°°
Bronze Wonderlander

Hex-Editing Map

Post by °°pathways°° » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:44 am

Thanks for the Hex-Editing Map, you are very creative,
I can only imagine how many hours you stayed up late creating
this level. Image
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:32 am

I don't think it's easy.
I can either destroy the shadow and get 4 more which I can use to put out the flame and stand on the conveyor button.
Or I can move the transporter, giving access to invisible trampolines. I've jumped this way and that way and never end up anywhere useful.
I can't get to the white button or to any of the coins.
Completely stumped! :shock: :o :shock:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 am

Liz.. Just pmed you!

Pathways... It's not that hard to do once you understand how it works... I just built a level then replaced the tiles I didn't want through Hex Editing using Ultraedit. The Mapping took few hours ... but now I can do pretty much anything I want... I could even use hex editing then recover tiles with models if I want to show them after all. It just opened my game creativity.

I wish that Patrick at Midnight Synergy would give us some info on all this... I bet there's way more things that are possible... I wish I could have a green chomper! Why don't they update the software to open for more kool stuff? Many codes are not even used, so there's space to add more things... I also bet there's a command to call for shadow or red chomper warp gates without having to Hex edit.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:51 pm

I found my way to the white button, but apparently it's useless, so I'm assuming that white gate is not a solid one. I've also messed with the Shadow Stinkers a bit, but they're not helping much. I have no clue on how to reach the coins behind the boulder or the exit area.

Am I doing it incorrectly, or am I missing something?
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Finished it, will show walkthrough if LEMARQUIS lets me.

Hint: Box for button, boulder for stinker.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:00 pm

After I got a PM on a hint, I managed to finish the level! :D

Pretty sweet, I love Hex-Edits. :D

I remember Hex-Editing to find all the mutant tiles. It was so cool! It's a shame that there are no other tiles to look for now.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks for the fun!
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

my True Magix progress

Post by VirtLands » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:11 am

Hi LeMarQuis,

I only managed to get this far,
hope that sending that box East was the right decision.

I enjoyed this part where trampolines are created on Demand,
and hidden floors only appear after they are stepped on.

Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:35 pm

I don't understand how Sammy did it by putting the box on the button. How do you open up the trampolines without pushing the box on the transporter? If you push the box on the transporter you end up with the box where Andy has it in the picture.

I've followed LeMarquis' instructions but I still don't know how to cover the button. I can't do anything useful with the boulder/sphere combo.

Stuck ... :roll: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:59 pm

If you push the box on the transporter you end up with the box where Andy has it in the picture.
NOT NECESSARILY!!!
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:21 pm

@Liz: Wrong. I used the box to get to the white button. The white button is fake.
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 pm

I just revised the Hex editing maps with new information... Thx to Virtland :)
LEMARQUIS
Rainbow Seeker

Post by LEMARQUIS » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:55 am

I tried to understand 38 08 a bit better... here's what I found:

38 08 is like an invisible metal box. It links to the "image" of the closet object. Now you have 2 objects linked to the same image!

Example: Let's say it's a wooden box. If you push 38 08 up, you will create a delay between the wooden box and its image. The image will go up, but the actual wooden box (now invisible) won't move!

But since the wooden box is also linked to that image, if you push the actual wooden box (invisible) down, the image of the wooden box will go down as well. So basically, you can move the image of the wooden box by pushing or the invisible metal box or the invisible wooden box.

Yes... very weird indeed! :)
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:01 am

I've also heard you can somehow use it to walk on walls, but I've yet to recreate the effect.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:49 am

It's only a visual effect, actually. You have to use fake walls (double height I think) and then put Stinky inside and that object somewhere near. Then you surround the fake walls with X floor tiles.

Since I can't open Mark's "wall" file in the editor, I don't know the exact configuration, nor what happens, but if the graphics are linked right, then when it's pushed before the level loads completely, the entire level is visually pulled downwards.

Since Stinky is inside a set of fake walls and is NOT pulled along with the rest of the map, the fake walls get pulled below Stinky. It looks as if he's walking ON actual walls, but that isn't true. Sorry. :(
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.