New Level (adv) - The 500 Islands

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Level (adv) - The 500 Islands

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 pm

500LIZM - The 500 Islands

Finally the Fab Four will get together again.

As this is my 500th level, it's HUGE. :shock: :o :shock:
But it's pretty easy. 8)

Using my Desertisland texture used many times before.

I'm using a new model set assembled from Popo's Stonehenge model she made for Lillie some time ago, plus her Easter Island model and palm tree. Thanks for your constant help with models Pauline! :D This set also includes a waterfall by JanetGalle. Thanks so much Janet! :D

It's worth doing AltX and keypad numbers to zoom out and see the whole level. If you don't use the models you're really missing out.

Above all, have fun! :piratesmile:

EDIT: I've split Qookie and Peegue's puzzles into another level if you want to practise that part. Look lower down the page to download.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Liz Mayhew on Sat May 15, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Thu May 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Congrats on reaching 500, Liz :piratesmile:
Your levels are always a pleasure to play and look at. Thanks :D :D :D
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Thu May 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Whoa! Talk about instant gratification! I just asked for this level two hours ago.

Congratulations on 500 levels.
Anne
My List
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu May 13, 2010 9:42 pm

Congratulations on 500 levels Liz

Liz you have been a inspiration to me since the day I joined this forum and started designing levels.
I want to say thank you for all your fantastic work and hours, days, months, and years of puzzling pleasure.
Carry on my friend and here's to the next 500 on your way to your 1000th level. :) :) :)
Keeks
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Fri May 14, 2010 3:13 am

Lizzie! :D

Congratulations and thank you...for your levels, your guidance, your friendship, your support.
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Fri May 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Congratulations, Liz...

:D ... and thank you so much for all the fun and the challenges you brought to us. :D
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 pm

Congrats Liz with your 500 level. I am starting with it (and that just as far as came) I keep trying Hon

Thanks for all your lovely and puzzling levels kiss kiss :lol: :lol:

I am looking forward to see you next week :lol: :lol:
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Fri May 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Congratulations on no 500, Liz! :D :D

Like all of your others (as far as I played them, at least), a beautiful level! And thankfully it really wasn't that hard once you've got past the beginning. I still had to restart at least a dozen times, but it didn't spoil the level, luckily. :D

Thanks for your great compositions, and also for being such a kind and patient player. :roll:

Lukas :D
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow Liz! :shock: :shock: :shock:
500 AMAZING & ENTERTAINING Levels!!! :D
You are the Grand Dame of Wonderland! 8)

angi-no e
Rainbow Seeker

Post by angi-no e » Sat May 15, 2010 12:38 am

Liz, CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU !!!!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat May 15, 2010 7:28 am

Thank you all for your lovely comments! :D :D
See you next week Rose! 8) :D

I should have thought of this earlier. I've elminated Stinky and Loof from the level so that you can practise Qookie and Peegue without having to go through all the first part too many times.

500ALIZM - The 500 Islands. Qookie and Peegue's puzzles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Sat May 15, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for the help Liz. I off trying it now :lol:
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat May 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Lots of fun adventures getting the foursome home but I'm certain I handled the area around the white tps incorrectly. :(

Thanks for another great level Liz! :D
bob
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat May 15, 2010 5:21 pm

Congratulations Liz for your 500th level.

The level itself, though a bit long, is straight forward and fun.

Thanks.
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

5-0-0!

Post by Mahaloof » Sun May 16, 2010 10:59 am

CONGRATULATIONS, LIZ!!!!!

500 is a humongous achievement. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm taking my first Wonderland steps since 1879. Looking forward to a gold star!!! :D 8) :shock:
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

500 Islands

Post by doodlebug » Sun May 16, 2010 2:09 pm

How do you jump to the boat in the first part. I can't get past that to get started. I have the Z bot going over the red switch. Thanks

Annie
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun May 16, 2010 2:11 pm

How do you jump to the boat in the first part
Don't jump - walk! I hope you did not earlier waste a certain box.
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

500 Islands

Post by doodlebug » Sun May 16, 2010 2:25 pm

I tried that also but can't move the boxes around to do that. I need help moving the box into place. Thanks

Annie
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Sun May 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Annie,

Don't move that box in the upper right until the very last thing.

Jump
R,R,D then tramp over the wall to push the box D through the TP - then follow.
Anne
My List
doodlebug
Rainbow Master

500 Islands

Post by doodlebug » Sun May 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks Anne that worked I was just missing that one step.

Annie
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: New Level (adv) - The 500 Islands

Post by Technos72 » Sun May 16, 2010 3:36 pm

I was expecting 500 islands but instead islands shaped.

it was fun. thanks
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue May 18, 2010 3:13 am

Making progress Liz, back soon...I hope! :)
Keeks
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue May 18, 2010 11:35 pm

Finally hunkered down and completed this masterpiece Liz...Well worth the time to sort thru.
The models from Janet and Popo were put to great use and looked fantastic.
The level was a great assortment of puzzles on a grand scale with the stickies giving me the most trouble.
Looked great using the alt-x feature.
Thanks for the fun and level, carry on! :) :) :)
Keeks
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed May 19, 2010 1:36 am

I finally managed to get more time for Wonderland and decided to try out your big 500. :D

And wow, it IS huge. This should give me something to munch on for a while.

Be back later...
annedanner
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by annedanner » Wed May 19, 2010 3:28 am

Yes! Got 'er finished. I thought I was going to have to let go of getting all at home at once. But I took my time and gave it one more try and got the gold. Another challenging and beautiful to look at level, Liz.

Again, Happy 500!
Anne
My List
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Wed May 19, 2010 7:25 pm

Excellent fun, Lizzie.
Got Stinky's and Loof's part pretty quick but was stuck with Qookie. For a long time I thought she had to do the part with the barrels and yellow TP because she could float to that island :roll:
After lots of useless attempts Peegue came to the rescue.
Finally got my gold :stinkyhappy:

I still don't know what made Peegue's roundabout stop :? :lol:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu May 20, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks all for playing. :D :D :D

Lutz - I should have carefully plugged the gap so Qookie couldn't float to Peegue's area. Still she couldn't do anything useful there.

Mahaloof! Great to see you on the forum after all this time. Come back soon please!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu May 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Liz, congratulations and thanks for 500 levels! :D Great level.

I agree:
- It's huge
- The models are beautiful
- It's worth to zoom out with Alt-X

But only one thing is still a complete riddle to me: What do you exactly mean with: "pretty easy"? :shock: :shock: :lol:

I also had about all the same problems as the other people: Wasting a box, sending Qookie the wrong way and doing the white TP area different, but after a long time I think I could play the whole level.

Thanks! :D
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun May 30, 2010 7:09 am

I think it's been long enough now, so here is the complete walkthrough for anyone who wants it:

500LIZM – The 500 Islands
WALKTHROUGH

1. Stinky: Step down and jump up. Push top box L in water, and lower box D. Push right box D onto conveyor and follow. Push box R over tramp and it will land in the water. Tramp R, R, U. Collect coins and activate red gate to bring z-bot to the top alley. When z-bot goes left, quickly step left and down. Tramp R, R, D to get bonus in cave. Tramp U over wall and push box D through red TP and into water. Ride raft around the top right area, collecting coins and finishing at the palm tree by the cannon.
2. Walk up and tramp up into the cave. Push left box D into water and right box R over tramps. Go back to the raft and ride up to collect the coin on the island. Leave the raft there. Walk round to the top of the pond and tramp down onto the raft. Collect coins and ride U, R, D, R. Push cannon 1xR and let it smash 2 boxes, then push it 1xR again. Push last box from that row 1xD, step round and wait below and right of the box.
3. Loof: Push box L below break tile, push Stinky’s box D in front of him. Walk round and push the box at the bottom of the pond U into the water and walk back to wait on the break tile. Switch back to Stinky.
4. Stinky: Push box round to the bottom of the pond to continue the bridge to the generator island. Walk back to the alcove at the bottom right. Switch to Loof.
5. Loof: Push box round to continue bridge. Walk up to the top right raft and ride down to the palm tree to push the cannon 1xL. Ride the raft up again and push cannon all the way down to Stinky. Switch to Stinky.
6. Stinky: Push cannon L to blow up right side box. Collect coins and push last box up to complete the bridge. Generator starts. Collect bonus coin and push cannon up to bonus coin spot, using the little island to avoid cannon fire. Go and stand in the bottom right alcove again. Switch to Loof.
7. Loof: Walk to raft near reflector. Ride L, R, D. Push reflector 1xR and all the way D to Stinky. Then get back on raft to ride L, U, L, D, L, U to wait by the green spheres. Switch to Stinky.
8. Stinky: Push reflector below cannon to keep the green timer activated. Take care to avoid cannon fire from reflector. Jump L over lower left tramp. Push the sphere U, take the coin and push it U again. Ride the raft L. Switch to Loof who can now go through the gate and ride his raft L.

9. Switch to Qookie: Tramp D over red sphere and push it U. When it bounces back down, go left and push the pink cube L to cover the pink button. Don’t take the coin there. Push the sphere in the pyramid R, which sends the top sphere R to bring the raft L. Walk round, take coin push sphere L. Walk back to tramp at left side of pyramid and tramp L which lands you on the breaktile near the pink cube. Push sphere up and when it lands in the water, follow it. Take bonus, ride R, D to get bonus in pink cube. Ride U and go through tunnel to get bonuses at top. Ride L and get time and bonus, quickly running back to raft.
10. Ride D, L, U, R. Get bonus from cave when z-bot goes right. Get extra time from lower caves. Ride L, D, R to shark infested waters. Ride U, R and push the boulder R thru TP. Ride L, R, D, R and push the boulder U thru TP. Follow and push cannon L thru TP. Leave it to do its work and ride R, collecting all coins and leaving the raft parallel to the ice cube. Push ice cube L, U. Use raft to help push it R to get the bonus coin. Ride back to the green TP and go L through it to push the cannon 1xL. Ride down and wait on sign.
11. Switch to Peegue: Barrel in water, travel all the way R collecting coins etc. At the last tramp jump R, U to land on sign. Then ride down and do nothing until you land on the yellow timer. Quickly push the barrel D in the water and wait on the island for explosion. When safe step on yellow timer and go into kaboom room to push the boulder D and get out, stepping on the timer again. The kaboom blows up the last barrel. Step on timer again and push the yellow sphere L, quickly following. Step on timer again, yellow sphere U and L thru TP, step down. Go right again and push boulder onto blue button.
12. Down thru white TP. Push the pink sphere L thru TP and follow to push it 1 further. Back thru TP and push boulder L to block it. Through TP into the coin area. Push left pink cube U below TP. Push right pink cube U beside it to block TP. Go L and ride raft U. Push lower pink cube and boulder R into water. Repeat with upper. Collect coin and ride D. Push steel box 1 down. Push boulder R and walk L to tramp R, R and push the box U left of the ice to block the boulder.
13. From where you are standing, tramp L, D, L, L to land on coin. Push cube/boulder D into water. Tramp R, R, R. Take coin, push prisms into water and raft R. After cannon fire push barrel R and ride back quickly to hide behind the wall. When the prisms have blown ride R again. Walk up to the remaining 3 prisms and push the left one 1xD and 2xR. Step up. The last prisms are blown and the cyan gates open. Avoiding cannon fire collect remaining coins from Stonehenge and exit.
14. Qookie, Stinky and Loof can now exit too.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun May 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Yesh, I finally got it! I needed to use a few hints, though. :lol: