ALL the levels!

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

ALL the levels!

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:54 am

**UPDATE AUGUST 2019**

You've somehow found your way here. Fascinating.
Please see this stickied topic instead: https://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27706

** ORIGINAL POST CONTENTS BELOW **
** This topic is obsolete now, and its links are broken, but the contents will be preserved for the sake of preservation.**

I've downloaded almost all the levels from the "Puzzle/Action levels" forum - 8,800 to be precise. :shock: See the attached image to get a link to download them. You will need the 7-Zip file extractor (free program) to open the archive, although WinZip/WinRar (not free) might work too.
I stored the link in an image because you must be a member to download levels normally. Therefore, I wanted to make sure only members could download the archive.
EDIT 27/8/16: Whoops, you should not type the "www." at the start, or the page will not load. Instead, start typing from the letter C.
You can also get the shell script at http://cloudrac3r.ddns.net/wdla/levels.sh. If you decide to run it, use BASH. The tools it mainly uses are wget, grep, head and tail, which should come preintstalled on your Linux box. As for the Windows 10 bash thingy, I don't know.

Have fun playing all 8,800 levels! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cloudrac3r on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:05 am

Aah, the magic of bash, grep and wget. It's so beautiful.
My winning combination is a shell-script (bash), using "fetch" (like wget), "sed" and "sort", running periodically in the background to beep me when a new topic comes up on this board.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:12 am

Script file please?
And is that running on a Linux box, or in the new Windows 10 bash thingy?
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:07 am

This script runs on a FreeBSD server, so you may like to adjust it to your specific environment:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh -
chk()
{
while :
do
        fetch -q -o tforum www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
        fgrep 'class="topictitle"' tforum | sed -e 's/.*topictitle">//' -e 's/<.a>.*$//' | sort > tforum1
        cmp tforum1 forum || &#123;
                mv forum oforum
                cp tforum1 forum
                echo "New level" | mail -s "New level is available" myself
                # check here if you are still logged in - otherwise exit
        &#125;
        sleep 1800
done
&#125;

chk&
[/color]

Possible adjustments:

1. To use "wget", change "fetch -q -o tforum" into "wget -q --output-document=tforum"

2. To inform yourself when a new topic appeared, I mail a message to myself, because my E-mails beep when they arrive, but you may perhaps prefer a different method.

3. I check every half-hour ("sleep 1800"). If you prefer a different interval, change 1800 into your desired number of seconds.

4. You may want to add a check whether you are still logged in and exit otherwise - otherwise, once you log in again you may have several scripts running in parallel.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:34 am

Oh snap. Isn't it just so satisfying when you leave a script to run, and then come back later and it works perfectly?
I've got 2,375 levels so far. It's only about a quarter done. :shock:
When it's done, I'll publish my script along with the levels it's amassed, for all the forum members to download and play. :D
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:25 am

The levels have arrived, but no one seemed to notice.
I'm not going to bump this topic again.
RolaRoul

Post by RolaRoul » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:17 am

I tried going to the link shown in the attached image, but I got a DNS error.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:36 am

RolaRoul wrote:I tried going to the link shown in the attached image, but I got a DNS error.
Whoops! The "www." should not be used. So the correct URL is "clou[removed]s.7z"
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:49 pm

This is a great collection, but could you please have this organized by whoever posted the level as well? 8800 levels gives me a maximum levels error. :lol:
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:38 am

Glad to see you could download it.
Actually I have no idea how to arrange the levels be the creator. The creator's name isn't stored in the level file itself, but the file name. People do not need to put their name in the filename, even though it is advised by MS.
*takes a deep breath*
My first approach would be to find the first digit in the filename, then use everything before that as the username, and put everything with that usernamed into a folder. That would work for CHIP0459 (CHIP) but not CLOUDRAC3R001 (CLOUDRAC). And what about people who don't care and name them things like SECRETROOM ([no output]) and worst still, Jutomi's latest naming convention. That would be a nightmare to parse.
Simply put, there's no automatic way. Do it yourself.
When I want one of these levels, I simply use a script to extract a random file from the archive and put it in the RTW levels folder.
It goes something like:

Code: Select all

7z x levels.7z $&#40;7z l levels.7z | sort -R | head -n 1&#41;
mv *.LV&#91;56&#93; ~/Downloads
Translation&#58; Hey 7-zip, extract some files from levels.7z. Those files are the output of the command&#58; &#40;Hey 7-zip, list all the files in levels.7z on seperate lines. Then, sort them in a random order, and then read only the first line.&#41;
This works in BASH, and probably most shells, but not Windows command prompt. I have another script which moves levels from Downloads to the RTW folder when RTW is started.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Couldn't you just find a way so it finds the username of who posted the topic containing the level, and organize them under folders that way? :P
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:58 am

Sammy_P wrote:Couldn't you just find a way so it finds the username of who posted the topic containing the level, and organize them under folders that way? :P
Alright, that would work, but I honestly really don't feel like doing that. Sorry.
Whose levels do you want to play? If it's Mark or someone who follows the naming convention, my first plan would work.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:02 am

Bah. Here's the levels, sorted by author. Anything that the algorithm didn't sort went into the "UNSORTED" folder.
Again, read the attachments, and remove www. from the start.
Enjoy, I suppose?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:11 pm

Oops-- sorry for not answering. Either way, thank you! :)
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:22 pm

Sorry to bother you again... :lol:

I now just tried to download it but the link doesn't seem to be working. Yes, I removed the www.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:08 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
How dumb am I?
I totally forget to actually upload the file to the website! Of course, that would help. Go ahead and download it now.
:shock: :x :oops: :cry: :evil: :idea: :roll:
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

cloudrac3r.ddns.net

Post by VirtLands » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi Cloudrac#r,

I'm looking forward to getting all 8800 levels. :)
Is it possible to host the 7z file on some other file hoster, (like maybe DropBox) ?

(?) That link is blocked where I am (cloudrac3r.ddns.net).

( For some reason, all Dynamic DNS are blocked from me, and I don't know why. :shock: )

And congratulations on the BASH stuff;
Last edited by VirtLands on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:29 am

Did you try contacting your system administrator? I'm sure they can fix the problem! :lol:
Here's a short url which links to a Dropbox folder with the two archives in it.
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

cloudrac3r's large haul of 8800 levels . . .

Post by VirtLands » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:12 pm

THanks c for this large zip of user levels, (8800). :) { And I still have no idea how you grabbed them. }

LV4 type levels :: 0
LV5 type levels :: 2183
LV6 type levels :: 6617

Maybe someday, someone will classify the mysterious 26% of unsorted levels, but there's no hurry. Image
-
By the way, I believe that there are a lot more than 8800 levels; It's just an idea, ... because some of mine are missing....
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:33 am

I had no idea that .LV4 levels existed. That's why it didn't download any - it fitered out anything that's not a .LV5 or .LV6 file.
Why some levels weren't included: It didn't go back all the way to the first level ever. It stopped a page or two short of the oldest one. This is because when it runs out of levels on one forum page, it presses the next button and goes to the next page. If it reaches the end, I have no idea what would happen, or what it would download. I think there's some rm (delete files) commands in that script, which could be dangerous if it got out of control. So I made it stop a couple of pages before the last page, just to be safe. :)
Also, the archive is not being updated since it was created, so any new levels will not go in there.
ALSO, any level which has the same name as an already downloaded level is discarded.
Just to clarify how the usernames were collected, here's the algorithm:
1. Store the current level name and call it $n
2. Repeat instruction 3 20 times
3. Is the last character of $n a number? If so, remove it from $n. Otherwise, leave $n unchanged.
4. Create a folder named $n. If it already exists, do nothing
5. Move the level file with its original name to the folder named $n
6. Are there any folders with only one level in? If so, then for each folder, move its level to UNSORTED and then delete the empty folder.
So anyone who made 1 level only is in UNSORTED, not their own folder. Anyone with 2+ levels has a folder.
Wow, I wrote a lot. I should stop blabbing on. Nice pie chart btw.
QUICK EDIT 4 mins later: It only went up to page 220. (A total of 11,000 topics were searched for levels, 50 per page = 220 pages)
VirtLands
Rainbow Master

cloudracer's search Lv5 algorithm

Post by VirtLands » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:27 pm

That's an interesting subroutine you mentioned up there..

Glad you liked the pie-chart, it was created automatically (through a Glary Utilities context menu option).

Glary Utilities 5 link ::
http://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/
-

And as for LV4 files, I was wrong, I guess there never were any. :oops:

But there ARE at least 1015 LEV files, (which we forgot about) :lol: ::

You can get them here:
There are no LEV duplicates, .. It would be best to extract SET1 and SET2 to the same folder.
Apparently most of these are from 2004.

I'm not sure if RTW Platinum Edition can open LEV files; I haven't tried it yet.