New Level - Robots

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

New Level - Robots

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat May 26, 2018 6:16 am

It is a small level involving boxes, prisms, spheres, Z-Bots, UFOs and puzzles.

EDIT: Fixed loophole as discovered by Muzozavr.
EDIT2: The intended solution for Z-Bot section was something else, but there was a loophole because of a rainbow coin. This is also fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lazy Loof on Sat May 26, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Previously known as Aryan101
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level - Robots

Post by Amnon » Sat May 26, 2018 1:40 pm

Quite a challenge, thanks!!!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat May 26, 2018 3:28 pm

I imagine this level would be harder if I was doing it the intended way... your planned ending involves prisms, correct? The level can be solved much easier than that...
After you divert the z-bot to the yellow button area, you can use the conveyor in the bottom left corner to redirect both wooden boxes and the prisms into the water. Blue spheres cover the last patch of water. One other pair of spheres (I used green) is used to destroy the final box and roll the sphere back to actually step through. This is the trickiest part in my solution, but even that's not too difficult.

I suspect you were planning to use prisms in very specific places to reflect a shot from the UFO into the box. I know how that would work, but it'd be trickier to set up.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 3:28 pm
I imagine this level would be harder if I was doing it the intended way... your planned ending involves prisms, correct? The level can be solved much easier than that...
After you divert the z-bot to the yellow button area, you can use the conveyor in the bottom left corner to redirect both wooden boxes and the prisms into the water. Blue spheres cover the last patch of water. One other pair of spheres (I used green) is used to destroy the final box and roll the sphere back to actually step through. This is the trickiest part in my solution, but even that's not too difficult.

I suspect you were planning to use prisms in very specific places to reflect a shot from the UFO into the box. I know how that would work, but it'd be trickier to set up.
Wow! You found the loophole in this puzzle. :o
I would have fixed it, but I am always confused at linked sphere puzzles. :stinkyconfused:
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat May 26, 2018 3:38 pm

This one was quite challenging, I did end up using the prisms to destroy the wooden box but I only needed half of the spheres. I think the level would have ended up being harder if there were no wooden boxes. Still, it was tricky to solve!
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat May 26, 2018 3:42 pm

What I will do now is that I'll put prism in place of that wooden box. :D
You guys are really excellent. Thanks for your feedbacks! :stinkyhappy:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat May 26, 2018 10:28 pm

Just checked the newest version -- yes, the old loophole is fixed. If you value your sanity, you now have to do the finish in, more or less, the intended way. You can still abuse the wooden boxes to finish without using half of the link spheres, but it doesn't change the overall solution too significantly.

One problem is that if you collect a certain coin, you can make the UFO enter that particular room on the right side, which means that you can create the necessary shot even with just one prism. I'm not sure how to fix that easily.

Lastly, in the current state of the level there exists a different solution, which is much harder and more intricate than what you intended. If you give me permission, I might make my own version of your level that forces this harder path.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun May 27, 2018 3:29 am

Muzozavr wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:28 pm
One problem is that if you collect a certain coin, you can make the UFO enter that particular room on the right side, which means that you can create the necessary shot even with just one prism. I'm not sure how to fix that easily.
No, I think that is not possible.
Spoiler wrote:The left and bottom walls of that room have hidden powder kegs. So, if you make the UFO enter that room and let it come close to the left or bottom walls of the room, there will be an explosion and the UFO will be destroyed. :D
Muzozavr wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:28 pm
Lastly, in the current state of the level there exists a different solution, which is much harder and more intricate than what you intended. If you give me permission, I might make my own version of your level that forces this harder path.
Okay, you can make the different version of the level that forces the harder solution. :stinkyhappy:
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun May 27, 2018 7:31 am

Well the prisms went in the water.... I see there's a new version, so I'll try it.

In future, please keep the old versions for reference, then add the updated one(s) if necessary.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun May 27, 2018 9:34 am

The UFO can enter through the OTHER yellow gate, on the right side of the room. No barrels there, so only one prism (of the outside two) is required for the shot.

I'll post "Robots Redux" in a separate thread now.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun May 27, 2018 10:09 am

Yes, this version was quite harder.

Still, two prisms went in the water - the yellow buttons were covered by a green sphere.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun May 27, 2018 10:16 am

Oh wow, Amnon, you're very stubborn. You should try my version, there are similarities to what you did. :lol:
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 am

I appear to be a bit stuck. https://cadence.gq/api/images/72c4d7

So I believe the goal is to make the UFO destroy all the prisms to get them out of the way, then to push the two wooden boxes into the water, then to push 4 of the 8 link spheres into the water to complete the bridge. Trouble is, I can't figure out how to get both of the wooden boxes down into the bottom-right area: whenever I move one, it blocks me from moving the other one.

Can I get a hint?
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Mon May 28, 2018 7:45 am

cloudrac3r wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 am

So I believe the goal is to make the UFO destroy all the prisms to get them out of the way, then to push the two wooden boxes into the water, then to push 4 of the 8 link spheres into the water to complete the bridge. Trouble is, I can't figure out how to get both of the wooden boxes down into the bottom-right area: whenever I move one, it blocks me from moving the other one.

Can I get a hint?
EDIT: After looking at the image, I can say that you have putted wrong object on the yellow button. See Muzuzavr's post below for a hint.
Last edited by Lazy Loof on Mon May 28, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon May 28, 2018 9:51 am

cloudrac3r wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 am

Can I get a hint?
Wrong object on yellow button. You need something smaller and rounder. That's the intended solution, at least, and it's easier than the others.

If you're willing to be absolutely obsessive with object re-use, something bigger and rounder also works and is the basis of my "Robots Redux" version. However, if you want to go for this (much harder) solution, don't break the prisms too early.
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Tue May 29, 2018 12:50 am

Made it through with gold. Thanks for the hints and the level, I enjoyed this. I don't think I'll attempt Muzo's Redux version.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 am

Obviously, I'm biased, but even if you aren't planning on actually playing it, I'd still recommend downloading my "Redux" version, opening it, going "are you kidding me?!" and "no way, Muzo, that's crazy" and closing it again. :lol: :lol: :lol: