New Level -- Simple 24

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

New Level -- Simple 24

Post by Shadow » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:53 am

Long time no see!

I thought I might never post another level, but on Halloween I created a neat enough Muzozavr level, and now... this little Shadow madness.

Unless I'm mistaken, this bug has never been used before, and maybe it will never be used again. Figuring out layouts where it works is very hard, I only noticed this one by accident trying something else in a completely different level altogether. Also, I intentionally made sure that it doesn't work in the "easiest" configuration. You'll have to do a bit more work to make it happen.

I'm not sure if anyone will ever solve this without a particular hint that is, frankly, necessary, but I'm too proud of the "scientific breakthrough" to not share... this might be the absolute least "fair play" level I've ever made without the use of hex editing or hidden objects. Everything is in plain sight, and peeking in the level editor will not help. If no one solves this after a while, I'll give a hint.

It's not even difficult to execute, no impossibly fast moves here or tricky timing... in fact, the whole level can be done in 30 seconds flat if you're really quick and know what you're doing. It's knowing what you're doing that is the problem, this is a level that might turn out to be completely 100% impenetrable without knowing the bug in advance.

Gaze upon the horror and despair... errr, I mean enjoy! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level -- Simple 24

Post by Amnon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:09 am

Well done, I was never aware of this bug before!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:49 am

That... was really, really fast for a level that isn't even remotely fair. :lol:

I don't actually know what thought process you can use to figure this level out if you aren't aware of the bug in advance. Congrats on such a quick success!
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:08 am

I don't actually know what thought process you can use to figure this level out if you aren't aware of the bug in advance.
Ah, but I was aware that there IS a bug - that helped a lot!

And... is Shadow the same as you, Muzo?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:19 am

Yes -- at some point I decided that I want to split my fair stuff and my unfair stuff on account level for easier sorting. That way, when you download a Muzozavr level, you know it's 100% fair play, and when you download a Shadow level, you know it's... well, the opposite.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 30, 2023 6:31 pm

A beautiful conclusion to this absurd and silly series :lol:

Can I hope to expect more bizarre findings, one day? ;)

As always, My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.