New Level -- A Simple Sokoban Puzzle

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level -- A Simple Sokoban Puzzle

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:34 am

"What, a new Muzozavr level?!"

Nothing too special this time, I'm afraid. Just push some boxes. :wink: It's far from monstrous, but is also not trivial and should, hopefully, make you think a bit.

There's some interesting history behind this level. Originally, there was a Supaplex level (part of a set of levels of various kinds) made by Altermaven with yellow disks for the boxes, but the layout was slightly different and, despite having more boxes, it was much, much easier. After the first few moves the entire puzzle was "unlocked" and posed no real challenge. However, he decided he wants to make a new set of remixed levels from his other sets, and others are free to try and make their own remixes. I made a few such remixes for him and, a few days ago, I had an idea that made his layout significantly trickier than it was before. He enjoyed the result. :wink:

(He claims the original version was an arrangement of a part of a Chip's Challenge level, but I couldn't find said level, so can only credit Altermaven and not the CC designer.)

Since the RTW forum has been fairly quiet lately, I thought "why not post this puzzle here" and... well, it's here. Altermaven may have started it, but I'm the one who made the puzzle actually challenging... and converted it into RTW, of course.

Enjoy. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level -- A Simple Sokoban Puzzle

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Very nice, thanks for the fun!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: New Level -- A Simple Sokoban Puzzle

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Aha, I thought I did it right, then realized a different combination, and got it. Thanks, this was fun to work out!
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.