New Level - Monsterland

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

New Level - Monsterland

Post by majic1 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:17 am

I'm probably going to be sorry I did this. I wanted to make a level that included ALL the monsters. It just kept getting too big & ridiculous. So when I decided it was finally finished, I really didn't want to upload it - thought I'd just let my family try it. However, there have been no new level uploads recently - so HERE IT IS! PLEASE don't scream at me if you think it's too stupid, easy, etc! - if you don't like it, DELETE IT!! ONE plus - Because it's got so many monsters, it's a very high scoring level - 15000+ is easy!

Thanks to help from Midnight Synergy, I'm uploading a revised version - changed in appearance only. Looks lots better now! (Although two islands are connected by a wall - only way I could get it to function correctly!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by majic1 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:09 am

majic1 :D

I love this level, a nice variety and size. I haven't finished it as yet, getting that coin next to the yellow transporter has gotten me killed so I have to figure out the timing and direction to enter.

I have loved all of your levels...keep them coming...THANKS.

ol'gramma :wink:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:17 pm

I liked this level majic1. Just finished playing it. After several mistakes that got poor Stinky killed, I finished with a score of 15170. I had a little trouble with the flying saucer until my son pointed out something to me. After that, I was able to do that section. 8) Keep up the good work. :)
SharonM
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:32 pm

Hi Magic1,

very neat level - well done. Since you used the "steep walls" (the black boxes with the brown "X") I thought I'd just point out how to best use them:

Rather than just putting a line of them at the "south" side of the islands, fill everything that is currently black with the "x" tiles, and also include an extra border of "x"s. In other words, the entire level, all islands, etc should be surrounded by nothing but "x"s. Then you get a nice drop-off effect.

I've included a modiefied version of the level, and also changed the background from water to forest so that the change is more apparant (although it works well with water too). Have a look at it in the editor to see what I mean.

Just in case you're interested in how to create this effect.

Cheers,
Patrick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:04 pm

Thanks so much for the tip! I could NOT figure out how to do that & didn't see anything in the editor explaining how to get that effect. Love the way this looks now - Thanks again!
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:39 pm

WOOPS! Just discovered I can't use this effect on the upper islands - the walls around them prevent the cannon from shooting the Kabooms & Z-Bot on the island to the left!!!
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:46 pm

No - I'm wrong. (I spoke too soon.) Just discovered I can take away the walls on the upper islands only so the cannon works & still have the great effect!
eeyore31
Rainbow Master

Post by eeyore31 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:01 am

Oooooo I finally did it!!!!!! Poor Stinky was so excited when we first figured out how to eliminate the UFO, he walked over right in front of the cannon!!!!! :lol:
VERY good one!!! MORE Please!
Yes, I'm a donkey......
and I'm purple.....
and I am Polly, Minnie's little sister.