New Level - The Bobster!

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

New Level - The Bobster!

Post by Lillian » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:38 pm

I borrowed Bob's fantastical clinical texture - so I named the level after him! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Bobster! :D

Have fun :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lillie
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:10 am

I'm already stumped on the first of your next 250! I cannot get past the beginning! I will keep working on it, but may come back for help!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:39 pm

Good heavens! I'm flattered Lillie, I'm also stuck with the boulders at the beginning! I'll keep trying but I may need a little clue as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bob
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:34 pm

That makes three!
Inger
Norway
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:04 pm

Lemon squeeeeeeeezy :D :D :D
Lillie
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:50 pm

You shamed me into it...now to finish the rest!
bob
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:05 am

I have tried everyway possible to get the first part done, but I have made it as far as getting the boulders in the water and having nothing to put on the button because I can't get back to my metal box it is stuck in the corner, so I know I am not doing something right. I am gonna need a hint on this
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:17 am

Fun one, Lillie :D
Somehow I started the generator and all was fine :roll: Clever and tricky level, thanks :D
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:32 am

Tough and tricky level, Lillie! Had the hardest time getting the first part right! Once I figured that part out I could do it pretty fast! The next part took another eon to figure out! The first time the generator started I jumped out of my skin! Finally figured out the right way so I could use the boulder. Very nice use of Bob's texture!
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:34 am

I actually figured out the first part relatively quickly (for me!) but took awhile to get the rest all coordinated (had to move quickly to get everything in place). Nice level, lots of fun.
-Wonderfull
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:36 am

Sorry everyone :oops: I honestly thought this was would be a piece of cake and that my Enter The Dragon level was really tricky and hard :D :D :D See how different we all are - brilliant :D

OK - move Stinky down - only possible way! As soon as he can, push the boulder that stopped right into top puddle. Wait in same spot because another boulder will stop in the same place - push right into puddle again. Now walk down and when you can, go past metal box and stand below it and push it up one square ready to push over the middle conveyor. Once the remaining boulders have looped the loop two more times push metal box onto conveyor and up to stop the boulders (see screenshot). Then move metal box to the right and over the middle conveyor and place it at blue square to block the two boulders as you push them down to go into bottom puddle!

Hope that helps :D
Lillie
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:42 pm

Isn't that remarkable - I found this such a Stinka :x

Couldn't have done it without your hint Lillie - been tearing my hair out in large handfuls :shock:

Despite the mental blockage - it was a joy to complete and is really rather clever too. Perhaps I can sleep tonight now ... Tragic Confession Alert - I got back up at 2:20 this morning to have another go - it was driving me mad :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the fun hon

Kazza :) :)
ohbehave
Rainbow Star

bobster

Post by ohbehave » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:34 pm

ok, girlfriend...this took me forever and a day, even with the hint..i finally managed to get the boulda bit right, then messed up on the other side, and guess what???omg, had to go do it all over again..took me another 100 gazillion times to get the boulda right again..i actually got it that time..i had so much sweat on my brow, and my palms were sweaty, by the time i finished...great looking level, nice tribute for bob..i really needed some
Image :) :) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :) :) :wink:
~♥Sizzlin Summer Babe!!..♥~
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:06 pm

For me, this was way harder than #250! I had to use your walk through, and then just like ohbehave, it took even longer on the other side!

For the life of me, I could not fill the water, so I could roll the sphere. I was just about to throw in the towel, then I looked around some more, and Ah-ha! It should have been obvious to check for that, when your brain isn't mush!

This was a great level...even with the difficulty. Thanks! :D
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:36 am

I was able to figure out the very first part before your hint, but the second part with the metal box was what I needed. Once inside the right room, your fake tramps also got me! After a few more mistakes, Stinky finally made it through and had a fun ride through the exit. Thanks for the help, challenge and fun, Lillie! :D
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:55 am

I knew I was going to have to give myself a dope slap for that one. I could not for the life of me figure out the first section and then after reading your spoiler I just knew it was probably simple it just wasn't coming to me. Brain Fart. Anyway great level, very very tricky.
Amadeus!
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Amadeus! » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:18 am

Lillie,

What a wild and tricky ride!
This was a great dedication to Bob, who himself, a very creative craftsman.
First part took me the longest, but I solved it without any hints.
Now, looking at your picture, I see that my solution is exactly the same.
So, I think we can be sure there's only one solution to this level. :wink:
And like a few others, I found this much more perplexing than "Enter the Dragon".

Two Enthusiastic Thumbs Up!!!

EDIT: My above comment about " only one solution" refers to the first section with the four boulders.
Last edited by Amadeus! on Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:21 am

:D :D :D Finally success. The first part was a real humdinger, Amadeus said it, It was a wild ride (alas without the toad) " I kept destroying a vital piece of the puzzle, Eventually got it sorted and made off with another gold star. Thanks. Three thumbs way up, :lol: :lol: :shock:
Keeks
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:52 am

ARGH!!!! I find the boulder part easy peasy. had that down after a couple tries. But I just cannot get to the exit. I got the gats open. I got the water filled. I can get all the coins. But that fire! Obvously there's only one thing that can put them out, but I can't get it going! The coin always blasts it. And if I move the coin, then I can't get other things in there so that the thing can do it's bit. I've searched for hidden walls, but can't find any of those to help, either.

HELP!!!!!!

EDIT:DerDOY! Thanks Keeks. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

got the gold!
Loirae
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:06 am

Amadeus! wrote:So, I think we can be sure there's only one solution to this level. :wink:
WRONG!!!!

Malc already pm'd me to tell me he didn't use the metal box at all :lol: :lol: :lol: My new name is Inspector Gadget because I always put too many gadgets in my levels - FACT :D

Thanks everyone for your comments - sorry it was such a stinker. If anyone else needs help please don't hesitate to ask :P

PS: You can all blame Bob the Bobster for the fake trampo tiles :twisted:

Yours sincerely,

Inspector Gadget :oops:
Lillie
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:10 am

I didn't use the metal box either. I got rid of it on purpose becaue it was in my way. :oops: :oops:
Loirae
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Sorry Lillie - but even with the walkthrough I still can't do the first part. I have been doing exactly as you say, but I'm left with 2 boulders together at the top, so they can't be pushed downwards. :oops:

Will keep trying though and get back to you next year! :lol: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:42 pm

You must be pushing the metal box up too late Lizzie - push it up one loop before you are at the mo and the boulders should end up like in my screenshot - one tile apart from each other :P

Hope that helps :D
Lillie
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:00 am

I can get the first part done. Getting the 2nd part done is where I am having the problem. I have let the kaboom loose to be killed by the one keg but then when I try to get the zbot to hit the hidden keg, I can't get him to go. Then I get stuck trying to figure out how to get the boulder to go how it needs to so the fire balls can be put out. Help! :? :? :?
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:18 pm

Amy - the kaboom needs to go left into the first boulder room (hidden keg should sort him out). You need to get the z-bot into the top room (where the kaboom was). But first get the coins in there. I used the grey box to direct the z-bot in there - but Malc says that apparently the generator directs him in there. You must do this before the kaboom dies and before the generator starts.

Hope that helps - if not, I'll do you a screenshot sweetie :P
Lillie
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:21 pm

At last - thanks to help from the Bobster himself - I've managed to complete this one. My total hang-up was those last 2 boulders at the beginning.

Once I got over the other side I was in more familiar Lillie territory, and everything fell into place very nicely.

This is such a brilliant and original puzzle Lillie - definitely one of my all-time favourites now! :D 8) :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:55 pm

Lillie...maybe not as lemon squeezy as you thought (?)
bob
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:00 pm

You are really funny Bobster - I look forward to your funny posts and piccies :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lillie
amy25
Rainbow Star

Post by amy25 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:29 pm

Finally got it! Took some timing to get the kaboom and the zbot to work like I wanted them to but I got the job done! Great level!
If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere, you have to wake up and pay attention.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: New Level - The Bobster!

Post by Amnon » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:28 am

Great level - thanks!