New Level - Desert Island Dilemma

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

New Level - Desert Island Dilemma

Post by kaz67 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:00 am

Have fun

Kazza :) :) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:09 am

I had almost given up on this for the night when I had a brain rush. and it paid off!

Silly me, I was trying to use ALL the items you had laying around when I didn't have to. :roll: :lol: I had a bunch of stuff left over that I just shoved into corners to get out of my way. But thanks for putting it there, you never know when stuff will come in handy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Excellent brain twister. As my son would say, "My brain is bumpier, now!"
Loirae
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:41 pm

A very good challenging level. I had fun working this out! Thanks!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Chickie
Rainbow Star

Post by Chickie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:37 pm

That was tricky. Everything had to be put in a certain spot and getting it there was a task on it's own. Totally loved this level, very very challenging.
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:05 am

Quite a challenge to figure out how to get everything in place so I could use the boulders! Only took a couple of tries because I was very slow and studied everything real carefully! Thanks for a thinker puzzle, Kaz!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:36 pm

:D :D :D Hi Kaz. I didn't have any equipment left over, I used every bit that I could get Stinky's little hands on to complete this stinker of a challenge. Finally! The first time I got the transporters into position (I thought) Just to have the boulder roll into the water. DUH, and double DUH!!! Enjoyed this on very much, Thanks. :D :D :D
Keeks
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:08 pm

I never did get that generator going, but I spent a lot of time rafting around the pond!

Fun one and kinda tricky! Thanks,
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:52 pm

I never got the generator going either, but I did use all the equipment in the end. Thought I'd be clever and get one boulder going right/left instead of 2 going up/down - but of course it didn't work! Duh! :?

Brilliant boulder/transporter problem. Thanks for the fun! :D 8) :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:02 pm

Tricky transporter/boulder action. Liz's comment gave me the clue I needed after countless tries :roll:
Thanks to both of you :D
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue May 30, 2006 3:37 am

One more from the to-do pile finished. I ended up using all the equipment and the products from the generator. Tricky little level, Thanks Kaz! :D
Mark
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Mark » Wed May 31, 2006 3:57 am

So happy to see you back and in top form, Kazzie! :D
Nice brain-tickler, with your signature gizmo gadgets!
Nice clean desgn and lay out.
Use the generator, but had a couple extra somethings left over. :o

Thanks for the delightful romp! :wink:
Mark
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:47 pm

Sorry for bringing this back to the top - I've just been asked for a hint and I can't attach the screen shot via pm (although "attach box" IS empty)

This was my solution although it looks like there's a few ways to do it.
Ok, screen shot is where you need to get to.

1. Move upper and lower transporters out of the way and push prisms into water where the red crosses are. Then, drive the upper and lower transporters to upper half and leave them in position.

2. Using the remaining prism as a blocker, get your boulders ready as per the screen shot.

3. Move right and left hand transporters to collect the central bonus coins, then drive the left hand one down and to the right before putting that last prism in the water marked by the blue cross. By now, you should have collected all the rainbow coins on your travels.

4. The large yellow cross marks a hidden ice block - chuck it in the far right hand edge of the water, the generator will start, and you can position 4 ice blocks as screenshot

5. Put the wooden boxes in the water and drive your transporters down, and get off them via the wooden bridges.

6. In turn, push the boulders north and block their return trip with an ice block so the boulders roll back and forth.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Re: New Level - Desert Island Dilemma

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 pm

Three prisms and the hidden ice cube (OK, that was just mean) are enough for the boulders, so no need for the generator. And only one wooden box is needed for the transporters. I tried to do the transporters "on their own", but couldn't, one is always stuck somewhere in the central long column unless you use a box.

Nice level.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:27 pm

I was not even aware of this ice-block, but it was easy to do without; remember, you don't need 4 hard objects to keep the balls rolling forever because you only need them going for a short while!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:32 pm

I was pretty sure that'd work, but it didn't feel like the most elegant thing to do in a puzzle that so clearly wants you to keep things rolling forever...

But I see your point, for strict "use as few objects as you can", your idea should work.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.