New Level - Space Quest V

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

New Level - Space Quest V

Post by Kaboom! » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:35 am

Enough easy levels!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

This is probably my trickiest, sneakyest and most difficult level I've made so far. :twisted: I think Malc would like this one. :wink:

I'd rate it 9/10 in stinker difficulty. :P

Good luck!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:26 pm

:D :D :D Kaboom you are a stinker and a half. How do I get the coin on the red button and not get shot by the UFO? :shock: :lol: :D
Keeks
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:48 pm

Have ya tried stepping in the green button first? It triggers something special :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:02 pm

Just an information regarding this level: you need to use ALT+X to get a wider view of the level when using the teleporters in the box generator platform. I've given you a clue already. :wink:
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:05 pm

Still working on this one Kaboom! You've used every stinky trick in the spaceman's manual. I've got as far as the transporter, after about 53 tries. The red button is a conundrum all of its own. I'll get back to you maybe in the winter when my brain isn't so fried!

Do you know how many of your Space Quests I've done? 0/5!!!!
:oops: :cry: :shock:

Lots of work has gone into this level, and whoever manages to succeed, deserves a gold medal!
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:42 am

:D :D :D Thanks for the hint, I did notice that the cannons not firing but not the UFOs so I didn't try the red button until after your hint, I finally made the exit with all but four bonus coins, The ones at the top, Just don't seem like enough time before the spikes return, :twisted:
This was a very intricate designed level, The thought that went into the making of this is mind boggling, The UFOs at the start were quite murderous, Finally got some rhythm going and made it past that part, this was one heck of a challenge that I had to complete, I will have to think on the bonus coins. Thanks Kaboom. :D :D :D
Keeks
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:51 am

Hi kiki, congrats for finishing the level! I hope you've done everything as I planned: having to blast the mothership, doing the Kaboom! teleporter puzzle, etc... I didn't have much time to test this one. :shock:

SPOILER for BONUS COINS
To get the 4 bonus coins in the ice:
You must wait where the spikes are, and when they're about to get up (and catch you) go for the ice. When you're back you should be safe, if not it means you entered the ice too early. This is tricky, there is no sound/gadget to alert you. You have to rely in your own memory. You have to enter the ice in the last nanosecond.
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:43 pm

Kaboom wrote:I hope you've done everything as I planned:
All except those four bonus coins, I tried your spoiler but just don't have the rhythm yet, Had to take a breather, Will try again. :D :D :D

Update---I finally got those four bonus coins, Now I can relax from this one very challenging level. :D :D :D
Keeks
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:43 am

Has anyone else been able to complete this level? I can give a few hints. :wink:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:08 am

Needless to say I'm still working on this one. :evil:
What have you done to your green button, monsters become peaceful. :shock: :shock: :shock:
The UFO's at the start were a roaming death!
After some trials I got as far as the boxes-teleporters puzzle (I solved the transporter), will try later.
Can't get those 4 bonus coins at the top, will try MUCH later. :lol:
Murderous level, my loof sure got tired dying over and over lol. :lol: I don't ask for hints, hope that I will be able to do it all by myself.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 am

Hi Kaboom!

I have to admit defeat yet again with one of your SpaceQuest levels. :oops: :cry:

I wipe out too many times at the beginning, and I'm too exhausted to try solving the later puzzles, even with your help. Yet again, I would wish for a save position button, so that having got through the stinker beginning I could work on the rest of the level without having to restart all the time.

Some you win, some I lose! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:25 am

Liz, for the beginning it's quite simple. The main problem is that you don't really see your first moves, since you move while the level is still loading.

Edit: I have to admit a temporare defeat too. I think I will try it later, and I don't ask for hints, but I just wonder how is it possible to put reflectors where you want them -- a brainblock! :lol:
Edit over edit: I finally saw a way -- but then the spikes got me!!! :evil:
I got the 4 bonus coins at the top, though.
There is no sound/gadget to alert you.
Hmm, can't the music serve as one? :lol:
Will try tomorrow.
Edit over edit over edit: I finally sorted out the reflectors, and now at the teleporters. I'm closer and closer, step by step.
Also, it doesn't help much with the level, but I did discover the secret of a green button.
The teleporters are the killah for now, I don't even know what to do. :evil:
Must try harder... 8)
Must try harder... :!:
Must try harder... :evil:
Must try harder...

YES, MUST TRY HARDER! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:16 am

*bump*
I finally saw what to do -- but will try later. Frustrated enough with hop, skip, jump, just need some time before the remaining frustration calms down.
moshposh
Rainbow Seeker

Post by moshposh » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:17 pm

I Finished the level on my first try!

it was easy!!!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:45 am

I think you are commenting on a wrong level, deary. :shock: :lol:
If not... congrats for being an ULS (Unbeatable Level Solver) :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:15 am

YAY!!
I didn't gave up -- and that's another gold star for me. :twisted:
I don't think I did it intended way though, cause I didn't see any use for blasting the mothership, or for a wooden box generator. :?
Kiki, PM me what you did please -- I want to compare our ways, I'm curious.