New Level -- The End Of The Rainbow

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Level -- The End Of The Rainbow

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:24 pm

This title is quite popular, I see. :lol:
This level is quite easy to figure out, but doing it will be a different kettle of fish. :twisted:
Yes, I used this super annoying rainbow look. :twisted:
Have fun! :D
Muzozavr. :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:08 pm

Finally made it! What a nice box puzzle at the beginning Muz. :D

The end gave me a lot of grief because of being unable to see the teleports with that rainbow theme. :twisted: Got there in the end though.

I didn't use the barrel. Was that a barrel of herrings? :lol:

Ace fun. Thanks for this one. :stinkyhappy:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:20 pm

EDIT: Hee-hee. Now download the revised version and see if you can find any shortcuts now! :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:27 pm

Played the first version like Liz and finished with gold. Can't finish the update because I don't see a way to keep the blue gate open :?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:31 am

Aha, that is the crucial point of the whole level (and this was ruined in the first version.

Spoiler:
First, you are doing with two characters, I will call them the main and the assistant. You must be able to switch from the main to the assistant in one switch, e.g. Loof assists Stinky.
The main stays one step below the teleporter, while the assistant stays right behind him.
The main character steps in the teleporter, quickly switch to assistant and step on the blue button, before the main one dies.
Switch to main character, go down, IMMEDIATELY switch to assistant, and IMMEDIATELY step down to avoid the fire: one millisecond late and you're shot.
Phew!!! Once the coin on the conveyor was taken by this manner, there is no need to hold the blue gate open, since you can just use the teleportersto break in the remaining corner.
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:59 pm

Made it through the first version after a couple tries! No such luck on the revised level!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:57 pm

OK. Seems you have a really difficult time with the revised version.

Walkthrough:
For the box puzzle, switch to Peegue and push his box left, then push Qookie's box all the way in the water. Now other boxes can be sorted easily.
Using teamwork, you can push a keg in the red gate if someone stays on the red button, and you must have ALL characters except one in the bottom part. VERY IMPORTANT: Leave the bonus coin for now. To write solution easier, let's think that Qookie is the one at the upper part. Qookie pushes a box one tile to the right, so the other three characters are protected.
Next, have Qookie to step two tiles to the right form a keg-in-the-red-gate, and have another character whoever he is to step off the red button. Watching the boomer, step back on the red button and switch to Qookie. As soon as the kaboom passes, quickly step one left and one down. Switch to one of the characters in the bottom part and trap your boomer. You may get your bonus coin now. Make sure that the UFO is quiet, i.e. nothing cause them to fire. Now push the box on the blue button.
The next bit is covered in the previous spoiler, but I will put it here too, for the walkthrough to be complete. Choose two characters, between which you are able to switch in one press of enter key, e.g. Stinky and Loof. With that said, have Stinky to step below the upper teleporter, and Loof to stay right behind him. Stinky steps in the teleporter, QUICKLY switch to Loof, and move on the blue button, before Stinky gets conveyered in a closed gate. Now Stinky steps down on the conveyer, VERY QUICKLY switch to Loof and step down to avoid the UFO fire: one millisecond late, and you're shot.
Phew! Once past that, the remainder of the level is easy. Remember, that you don't need to hold the blue gate to break in the right bottom area, and you can use the rainbow coin to guide the boulder to block the second UFO, letting you to take the bonus coin.
Have fun! :twisted:
Muzozavr. :twisted:
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:03 pm

Finally got it! It wasn't a matter of knowing what to do but was one of being quick enough! Tough fast finger challenge!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:48 am

I finally got this one too! But it wasn't easy if you're not really quick, so it took me lots of practice! :roll:

Thanks for the help Muz! :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:29 pm

I completed the first one no problemo Muzzy - great teamwork level! :stinkyhappy:

I did the kaboom part slightly differently in the second level - it was a lot safer to have all four characters behind the box and just have one push it up to squash the kaboom! I needed your spoiler for the UFO part - very quickety stix fingers needed there :shock:

Two great levels - thanks :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:53 am

With the kaboom it is a really nice find. :wink: Congrats for spotting such!
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:22 am

Considering how I need to ration my time, I am not even going to attempt your revised version. Maybe some time in the very distant future. :wink: But I had fun with the first version, and am glad to have another of your levels under my belt.

Thanks for the fun!
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri May 02, 2008 4:00 pm

That was a nice game Muzo! :D First I didn't see there was a revised version so I thought: This is much too easy and there are several useless things in it, this can't be a Muzo-level. When I saw the revised version with the millisecond-part I thought about giving up, but I decided to give it a try. After all it wasn't that hard, I think I even had a few milliseconds left 8)

Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue May 06, 2008 6:33 pm

Great mis-direction, thanks for the fun!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level -- The End Of The Rainbow

Post by Jutomi » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:23 pm

Hi Muz; hope I solved this the intended way! I think this is the updated version, but I can't fully remember - I think I did it more-or-less the same way? :lol:

Regardless, was a little tricky (and had those mean invisible teleporters), but quite enjoyable. And here is my video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.