new models - frogs

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

new models - frogs

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:20 am

A cool frog. Included in the zip are 10 minor variations of the same frog. Half are of "small" size and the other are of "large" size. Again, please read the readme file for detail information regarding which file is what and how to use them. PM me if you need help on them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:35 pm

Weird. I've been playing around with a frog model.

The one I've got looks like a real frog and has loads of polygons :!: , but for some reason only has one eye :? . I spent ages duplicating and mirroring the eye it had, and getting it into position, and getting the skin and eye textures right. Then spent a bit longer making one small enough to merge with the waterlily, and when I tested it the skin looks ok, but the eyes don't show up at all, and where the slit for the mouth is you can see the floor through it.

I was so frustrated I sent it to the recycle bin. :x

I'm glad I did cos it was nowhere near as cute as yours. 8) :D
Pauline
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:52 pm

popo wrote:Weird. I've been playing around with a frog model.

The one I've got looks like a real frog and has loads of polygons :!: , but for some reason only has one eye :? . I spent ages duplicating and mirroring the eye it had, and getting it into position, and getting the skin and eye textures right. Then spent a bit longer making one small enough to merge with the waterlily, and when I tested it the skin looks ok, but the eyes don't show up at all, and where the slit for the mouth is you can see the floor through it.

I was so frustrated I sent it to the recycle bin. :x

I'm glad I did cos it was nowhere near as cute as yours. 8) :D
Awww. First of all, let me tell you that although I don't chuck anything into the recycle bin outright, I've definitely had my own share of models I have to put aside "for the future" because I couldn't get it to look in Wonderland as good as it does in the modeling program. So, much sympathies to your frustrated efforts, I've definitely been there quite a few times.

Second, although maybe it's not worth posting two frog models, there might still be of some use for me to look at your frog model, particularly because you said you tried to merge it with your waterlily models. You see, amongst the frog models I posted, there are a couple whose only difference is that I re-colored the lily pad the frog's standing on so that it matches the color used by the lily pad in your waterlily model. The problem is, that much darker shade of green just doesn't really go too well with the Frog's bright greens and yellows, so although I included those models in the zip, I mentioned in the readme files that I don't recommend using those.

I was thinking maybe I could look at what exact colors were being used in your frog model, since you said you did try incorporating it with the waterlily so I assume you frog's colors go better with your lilypad than mine does.

And I should say that my frog model does have an annoying point -- only the frontside is there, the frog's backside is not included in the model. Not a big deal except this means the model only looks good in one orientation, namely with the frog facing south. Which is why all 10 models there are of the same orientation. :wink:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:05 pm

Although I deleted the ms3d file I had burned the zip file to CD so here it is for you to look at. It has textures for the skin and eyes (or should I say eye), and it is brighter than the lilypad colour. I had no trouble merging the frog with the lilypad, it was the frog I couldn't get right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline