Ice Troll model in RTW

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Ice Troll model in RTW

Post by jozsefkoma » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:11 am

I changed Ice Troll model to be able to load RTW. But i could not loaded texture. :? With texture, model changed the color to brown.
Please help me! :( .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:34 am

How did you get the model out of WA? Have you got a program that opens those sort of files? The screenshots look like AC3D to me.

You won't be able to texture it properly because in changing the format of the model file you have lost all the separate object information and the model is now just one object. The parts need to be separated in order to texture them all separately. At the moment the texture just wraps itself round the whole thing.

Your picture is showing just brown because you haven't mapped the texture. You need to open the texture coordinate editor and click on remap. You'll then see the whole texture wrapped around the model, but the bits won't be in the right places. You would have to select all the separate surfaces of each part to be able to map it properly and that would take a lot of time and patience, and still may not look right.

Having said all that, I'm not sure MS would take kindly to having the models taken out of the game to be used in another one, even if it is another MS one.
Pauline
jozsefkoma
Rainbow Star

Post by jozsefkoma » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:16 pm

WA model file is: *. wd1, *. wd2, *. wd3, etc.
You can rename *. wd2 to *. md2, and can be opened with AC3D. :)