Robbie's doodles & other things...

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:40 pm

Hey guys, back home again. Hard to leave my girls behind but I've got plenty to keep me out of trouble till I see them again...

Thanks Janet for your kind words & the special piccy! Bit put off though I won't be seeing anything from you in the doodle department :wink: . Maybe you just need a bit of prompting?

Did a search on Amapi & came up with the web site & a few tutorials that might be of assistance.
I gather that Amapi 3D v.6 is now Amapi 7 Designer but as they've done a complete re-write, they may well be totally different.
http://www.eovia.com/products/amapi_des ... signer.asp

The tutorials for v6 are here
http://www.eovia.com/resources/amapi_tu ... orials.asp

There's a good beginners tutorial which might start you off in the right diretion - weighs in at (only) 43 pages... and more to be found including a forum (which I haven't checked out).

I noticed the date on the first manual was 2001 - maybe a little out dated and harder to use that some of the crowd faves but still I guess it was free...

OK... back to work...
Robbie :D

[EDIT] Just an additional note that there is no demo for Amapi 3D v6... wasn't trying to get out of downloading & testing it out.

Was I going to England in September Maureen? Maybe I did say that... My sister is getting married Dec 18 & we were going then but due to house renovations we won't make it.
Last edited by Robbie on Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
loof101
Rainbow Master

Chippin' in!

Post by loof101 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:13 am

LinkyNStoof wrote:
Robbie wrote:As for taking over, LnS seems to be happy to help out... maybe that might be the way to go. Put your heads together & work on the level together? I'd be happy to throw in some input as well if you wanted to PM what you have. Maybe send it to both of us?
Robbie, I'm more than happy for you to chip in with whatever help and suggestions you have, especially with modeling and skinning.

Actually, majic1 has come out with some good levels with custom models and good puzzles, wonder if there's a way to get her interested...?
I saw a CCLE (Chip Challenge Level Editor) but I cannot go to it. I regret doing this, but for anyone who wants to get it, You will need to do this:

1. My username ***** [REMOVED BY MOD - I AGREE WITH ROBBIE BELOW, BAD IDEA TO POST YOUR LOGIN/PASSWORD, OPENS UP A LOT OF POTENTIAL ABUSE] Log in and go to PMs.

2.Go to 'Savebox' and click on Re:Chipsite:lol:.

3 click on the pic of chip running, (not at top, the one that says 'Click here to go to Anne Olsen's Chip page(s)')and click on the links in order top to bottom.

4. When you find the link titled as something about Chip's Challenge Editor, click on it.

5. go to this site:

www.muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/pub/software/tworld

6.I soon will post the levels in a zip. DO NOT EXTRACT TO THE sets FOLDER! Just drag all the stuff inside the zip to the sets folder.

Then click on the picture of a ball of yarn that is this type of red. It is titled as tworld.exe. If you get some sort of message, either

a)press OK
or
b)press enter key on your keyboard.

Now you find the level pack titled as AnthonyK1.dac. there is 900 Chip Challenge levels to play. Soon i will post the password for Lev.145 incase it shows the complete screen

Loof 101
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:01 am

Hi Anthony,

I don't know that revealing your password is a great idea.

While I'm sure for the main our members are honest & trustworthy & all that, it does leave you/the system open to abuse. I'd be inclined to remove your posting here (and definitely your password) and create a new topic (maybe in the general area) & post all the links & things in there.

And if you need help in doing that, just ask. Your personal space should be just that & I'd prefer to see a new topic with the info rather than everyone trudging through that space you know?

Regards
LinkyNStoof
Rainbow Master

Post by LinkyNStoof » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:48 am

LinkyNStoof wrote:
popo wrote:You're not bothered about taking over my level then? Or using what I've got already? Is no-one interested? Am I going to have to finish it myself? Bummer! :x
I'll think about taking it over, though I must say I'm not good at making storytelling levels. I will make a point to make sure all puzzles I put in the level are straightforward to solve. :roll: :wink:
I'm still working on it, though for those who were expecting to see this by Halloween (me included), I'm sorry to disappoint but I probably won't finish until afterwards. It didn't help that Mother Nature decided to give me her own version of "flu shots" early this week. :roll:

I have so far came up with one puzzle idea so far though, so it's a start. And don't worry, it won't be a hard level, I promise. And I'll run the final product through Popo first.
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:06 pm

Hey guys, yep, still here... Australia hasn't sunk underneath the sea yet...

And still keeping really busy.
Just 2 models here if anyone has time & would like to run with them.

The first is the second of the archways. There are 2 variations. The one on the right looks like it is running straight across but I've just turned it around 45 degrees to do the texturing thing. Around the right way they run diagonally over 3 squares so that either/both ends slot in neatly with walls. You'll see one model has a pointy top ridge, the other a flat top.

The other is another idea I had for a little variation with water specifically - I say that not really knowing if it would do any good underneath lava... Because the water texture Pat's set up is animated & transparent I thought it would be fun to experiment with placing 'surface' models just below the water line & try different textures/skins on them. I don't know off hand at what y reference the water is but that would be a simple matter of trial & error.

The model shown on the piccy below is something a little different again. I took a rectangle & sized it to (3,0,3) then divided it 3 times (>Surface>Divide) then raised & lowered internal verticies. Not sure how this would add to the 'movement' factor of the animated water but would break up the otherwise 'flat' surface appearance.

AC3D file is included below. Maybe one of my partners in crime might want to play with the thought & see how it turns out running in Wonderland before I get a chance to check it out.

As always, have fun!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:23 pm

Nice work Robbie. :D

I will certainly have a play with it and see what turns up. I haven't really got back into it since my holidays, but this is the excuse I needed. :wink: :lol:

Will let you know the outcome. :D
Pauline
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 pm

SUPER BUMP!
I tried utilizing the existing lava in my volcano model but forgot the container that comes with it...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yes, I'm still here... ;)
500 posts here I come!
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Robbie wrote:SUPER BUMP!
8 years, 4 months, and 2 days, to be exact. Probably a forum record. :lol:

It's a cool model, too!