Model Request - Cave Entrance

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Model Request - Cave Entrance

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:04 am

Hi all, I don't know how to make my own models yet, so I am asking for someone to make one. :idea:

As for "Cave Entrance," those of you who have played WSW should know what I'm talking about. There were a few caves in the game, and the entrances shouldn't have been to hard to spot. :roll:

I would prefer the model to be 3X3, and with the entrance facing SOUTH. If anyone can do this, I will be VERY grateful. I plan on using this model for a future level. :wink:

Also...

I don't really need these, but it would be nice if someone could make 3 more, only this time one with the entrance facing NORTH, one facing EAST, and one facing WEST.

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Oh, by the way, is it possible to put all four models into a zipped folder? I know that you can have up to four models in a level at a time, but is it possible without overloading the system? Also, is it possible to put more than four models in a level at once by using a certain...anything?

But like I said, I don't need all of the models, just the one with the entrance facing south.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

cave

Post by janetgalle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:15 pm

try this.

This one is probably too big to have all 4 directions.

As to your other question, it ispossible to combine 2 models to make 1.
You just have to know where they will be in the game, then open both in your modeling program, plot them out to match where they will in the game, and then save as 1 model. (They should be pretty small in KBs though.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:00 am

I have one question- Can you please show how to set it up?

It looks like the entrance is along a wall- is it part of the model, or do you have to put the model inside a wall to take effect?

Thanks.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:41 am

The wall is not part of the model.
The dead spot is placed in the wall, just to the left of where the cave opening will be.
jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Judging from the pictures, I'm guessing I need the walls to be size 2.0 to get it to work.

I was using 1.0 sized walls. :oops:

I'll try it now...

EDIT: Ok, I set it up right, but I must have saved the file wrong.

I need help. :oops:

First: Should I Run or Save the file?

Second: I unzip the model, and copy it directly into the custom models folder, right?

Third: In the editor, I use Shift + M to load a model, then type "cave" into the directory, right?

Last: Is the model used in the editor A B C or D?

I have downloaded models successfully before, but I have never applied them in any of my levels. :oops:

Please help! I'm still new to this! :P
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:16 am

Yes, it works best with 2.0 walls.

1. Save the file to where ever is easiest for you.
Unzip and drag it to your CustomModels folder.
or
2. Save directly to your CustomModels folder, and unzip there.
Make sure you have only one folder after you unzip. (Not a folder
within a folder)

3. In the editor:
Press shift + M
Type: cave
Place icon A where you want to place your model.

Good Luck.
jg
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:35 am

I'm sorry, but I think my folder is jammed.

I don't have very many models downloaded yet, but I think that huge models or models that take up a lot of space don't appear in my game...

All the same, I can't get the model to show up.

It might not be the case, but is there supposed to be a certain texture or backround in the level? :?
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:11 am

No texture needed.

Are you sure that after you unzip the zip file you have only one folder?
Is your CustomModels folder spelled with no spaces?
Exactly like ^^ that?
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:02 am

I've gotton other models to work for my game.

I sent a test level to someone over Skype (Yes, Skype :roll: ) and he said it was working just fine.

It must be something with my game.

What is the filesize for the model? Some models work for me but others don't. Probably because they're too big.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:52 am

After seeing the model work fine on my computer without even having to do anything with the level, I'm honestly at a loss here.

Perhaps try renaming the cave folder to "TESTCAVE" or something and changing the level to load it?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:45 am

gameboy991 wrote:I've gotton other models to work for my game.

I sent a test level to someone over Skype (Yes, Skype :roll: ) and he said it was working just fine.

It must be something with my game.

What is the filesize for the model? Some models work for me but others don't. Probably because they're too big.
The filesize of the model is very large - 764kbs. I've reduced the model for you, down to 168kbs, without any noticable difference in appearance. Try this one and see if you can get it to work better for you.

I've also textured a copy of the model rather than it being self coloured, that way it should go with any level texture you want. Model1 is the self coloured one and model2 is the one with the texture.

Hope you don't mind me barging in jg, he seemed to be having trouble. :oops:
Pauline
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks popo!
This was just something I had in my files, and I didn't want to mess around too much with it.
Hope it works for him!
jg
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:33 pm

I'm guessing that the textured model is model B? If I load it in the game, will the texture automatically apply itself to the model?

I tried the self coloured one, and it works fine. :D

Thanks popo for the models, and thanks jg for your effort. :wink:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:54 am

The texture will apply itself automatically to the model in the game - as long as the jpg is in the same folder as the model file. So if you use the model in another level and make another model folder, make sure to copy the model and the jpg over. Model1 is icon A and model2 is icon B, yes.
Pauline