help needed, if someone's willing...

Custom 3d models, houses, etc. for Return To Wonderland.
nascarjunkie
Platinum Wonderlander

help needed, if someone's willing...

Post by nascarjunkie » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:35 pm

I'm working on an idea for a level, but I need a custom floor tile for it. I have no idea how to make it, no special software to make it, and no budget to buy the software...not to mention that it would be a waste of said hypothetical money to buy software to make one little floor tile for one level, and I don't anticipate beginning a career as a model maker, as I am doing very good to find time to design any levels at all.

What I'm hoping is that this would be an easy enough project that one of you great and wonderful model makers would take pity on me and offer to make the floor tile, then tell me how to put it in the level...

(see me on my knees begging....pleasepleaseplease)

What I'm needing is a picture of Quookie that lays on the floor, taking up either one or four tiles...one tile would be beter than four, but I don't know which would be easier to make.

Nas :-)
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:00 pm

Hi Nas,

Lucky for you there's allready something out there :D

Robbie has made a very user friendly floor model. I can't find the original post, so I've attached the model below.

To use it you need to decide what size of floor you want. Let's say you want the 4x4 custom floor. This is what you need to do:
1. Create a folder within the CustomModels Folder
2. Copy Robbie's 4x4.3ds and floor.jpg to that folder
3. Rename 4x4.3ds to model1.3ds
4. Find the image you want to use as floor tile and make sure it has the same size as floor.jpg and save it as model1.jpg (Robbie's floor template will be overwriten).
5. Your folder should now contain model1.3ds and model1.jpg. Delete everything else.
6. If you want more than one custom floor in the same level with different images as floor tiles, follow the procedure above, only call the files model2.3ds and model2.jpg etc. You can use up to 4 different models in the same level.
7. If you want to use the same image as floor tile for all your custom floor models, you can do it with just one .jpg file. It should then be named floor.jpg.
8. Remeber to tell the editor which model folder to use. You do this by pressing shift-m in the editor and typing the name of the folder you created. Your model1 will now be available as the 'A' icon in the editor, model2 as 'B' etc.

If you need textures from the game itself, look here
http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3152
I don't have an image of Qookie laying on the floor, but maybe you can make it yourself by using Alt-X and the numerical pad to get a view of her from the front, then make a screenshot by pressing shift-F8 (it will be saved in your RTWD Folder as screenshot.bmp) and edit the screenshot with Paint (if you have windows you have Paint - find it under accessories in the start menu) untill it suits your purpose.

I hope this helps you out :D

Mette
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
\Mette
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:49 pm

Hi Nas,
Will something like this work for you?
They are not too terribly good... :roll:
jg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nascarjunkie
Platinum Wonderlander

thanks

Post by nascarjunkie » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:40 pm

thank you both so much, Mette for teaching me how to do something new, and Janet, that's just perfect, exactly what I wanted... so I'll use it but also know how to change it if I need to do this again.

you're both wonderful!!

Nas :-)