alternative solution original wonderland w10 l4 return trip

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

alternative solution original wonderland w10 l4 return trip

Post by Marinus » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:32 pm

Hello everyone

I like to tell you that I have discovered another solution for the level 4 (Return Trip) of world 10 (Jade Temple) of the game Wonderland, different from the online solution(see the picture). I wonder if no one else knows this solution because I find it hard to believe that I am the only or even the first one who find a different solution.

If there is anyone who is interested, or who already knows a different solution, please let me know. I'll be happy to explain it.

Greetings Marinus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Marinus on Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:20 am

I'm really interested in this solution -- all my attempts to find even a slightest alternative failed so far...
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:26 pm

Thank you for replying. Since I came to this forum I thought that everyone was busy with WA an RTW and nobody was interested in the original game anymore.

Start with only the left box on the green button (the 4 boxes near the 4 buttons in the middle) but not (as the online solution says) all the 4 boxes on the buttons.

Then go back for the 5 bonuspoints and push the steel box against the cannon.

Push the box that is now on de green button 2 steps further and wait for the cannonfire on the place between that box and the steel box. Then quick push both boxes into the water and get the bonuspoint.

Push the right of the 3 remaining boxes on the yellow button, another on the blue button and the last one which is still in the middle to the place were the bonuspoint was between the waters and then into the right water. push the steel box one step up and the way is free to the transporter room (I'm also a Star Trek fan; beam me up Scotty)

Bring now the right steel box (near the transporters) to the cannons in front of the left cannon and the wooden box on the pink button, get the coin and the three through the yellow tranporter, then go through the green tranporter and collect the remaining coins. on your way back bring a wooden box with you and put it on the green button.

Now it's time to bring the conveyor on the run, it doesn't matter anymore. Collect the remaining 4 bonuspoints. As a matter of fact those four are the really point in this level; not the coins. Because of these points you have to run according to the online solution and because of these points you have to protect the wooden boxes.

I hope it's all clear to you although I normally speak Dutch and not very good at other languages.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:32 pm

Oh. My. God.
That. Is. Cool.

Very smart, Marinus, I actually think this is harder than the intended solution. :wink: Good job!
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:13 am

Thank you.

Discovering things is most times a matter of luck isn't it?
When you already know it's easier then the original solution because the only time you have be quick really is with the electrical fields.

If you think there are more people who'll be interested please tell them. I think you know more people her then I doo because you are a superstar or something 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Marinus, you may be new, but very smart, and this forum is very friendly. Come on -- you'll like it!

About the whole "superstar" thing -- the only thing I could call myself even remotely "forum famous" for is the difficult of my levels (and perhaps some tricks I've discovered, and some only I have used so far)
There are a lot of more forum-famous people than I am. Kiki, Liz, Lillie, Mark just to name a few. You also have the potential, keep up the good work! :wink:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:09 pm

Thank you Muzozavr for your good words :)

And thanks to Gen I'm able now to take one screenshot of the whole playground, so the text is also easier to read; you don't need to scroll anymore if you make your window at maximum.
Shadow
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Shadow » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:07 am

So...
I decide to make a clear text about this and to further simplify the solution. That's the result.
Original idea by Marinus, modification and this text by Muzozavr/Shadow.

1) Put a box on the green button, but don't put the other boxes on the other buttons.
2) Go back and collect the bonus points near the cannon. Push the metal box to the left, so that the cannon won't shoot in the exit later on.
3) Near the four central buttons, push the rightmost box down until it's two tiles up from the metal box. Then, when the cannons fire, quickly push both the metal box and the wooden box in the water and grab the bonus coin.
4) Bring the metal box from the teleporter room to the central buttons, and put it to block the rightmost cannon. Then push one wooden box in the left water tile.
5) Put wooden boxes on pink and yellow buttons, put metal boxes on green and light blue buttons.
6) That's IT! Enjoy your leisurely stroll around the level collecting coins and bonus coins -- just make sure to get the bonus coins behind the conveyor button last.