Alt-X

Questions and solutions to Wonderland, Return to Wonderland, and Secret Worlds.
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Alt-X

Post by Gen » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:49 pm

For anyone who doesn't know how to use Alt-X

Hold down the ALT key and the X key at the same time and also use the right number keys at the same time, you can zoom in or out, left or right, up or down, or tilt up or down.
ALT-X and the 9 key, you will zoom out.
ALT-X and 3 zooms in,
ALT-X and 4 moves the view to the left,
ALT-X and 6 moves the view to the right.
ALT-X and 7 or 1 tips the view up or down,
ALT-X and 8 moves the view down,
ALT-X and 2 moves the view up.

Loirae posted the following for those using a laptop:

"On my laptop, there is a button with "Fn" on it (stands for function). Then up on the F# keys, one of them looks like a tiny little calculator or number pad. On some laptops it on a F# (Like F11) key, on some it's its own key.

Hold down the FN button and press the key with the number pad icon. It will turn your keyboard into a numberpad. The numbers should be indicated on the letter buttons themselves somehow.

Just remember when you're ready to start typing regular words to turn the Fn back off or you typing will look like this: He336 06ssycat.

Hope it helps. If not, you may need to look at your manual for your laptop for more specific directions."
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:54 pm

Alt X is also useful to "flip" the level upside down.

When I've searched and searched for a hidden coin and simply cannot find it in a level I flip the level upside down and you can see it from underneath and then see where the coins are.

I do alt x 9 and zoom way out, then alt x 7 to spin it around for a bit, then alt x 3 to zoom back in and voila you are under the level :D
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:10 pm

WOW, I didn't know how to do any of that. I have a Toshiba laptop and I've never been able to do a Shift thingy. I'll try all of this.

THANKS Gen, Loirae and Robyn. :D :D
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:17 pm

rescuefire wrote:When I've searched and searched for a hidden coin and simply cannot find it in a level I flip the level upside down and you can see it from underneath and then see where the coins are.
I done the same thing, Robyn. It really works! However, the coins don't always show up when they are hidden in some models. So it is back to the blind searches in those cases. :roll: :lol: